View Poll Results: Should the Boltshot be banned?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 51.92%
  • No

25 48.08%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Let's ban the Boltshot

Everyone I have talked to thinks it's cheap and unfair. It doesn't take skill to use. It is just a pocket shotty that you can spawn with. If you are one shot you can pull out the boltshot hide in a corner for a second charge it up and 1sk your opponent and get a free kill that wasn't deserved. The fact that you spawn with 1sk weapon is ridiculous.

I believe that battle night would be much more enjoyable without it.

So what I have done is created a poll. So should the Boltshot be banned?

EDIT by Myth:
    Be aware that the only way to remove the boltshot is via forcing the secondary weapon to be a Magnum. This has the consequence of banning the plasma pistol as well, and also makes using the Firepower perk (which allows you to have 2 primary weapons) impossible.

Vanilla Conflict is already a gametype we have which features preset loadouts and removes the boltshot from the game, as well.
    EDIT by EagleOne:
    Banning the Boltshot is not removing it, it's treating it like we do with tea-bagging. We tell people you're not allowed to use it in FC Battle Nights. Make it a restricted weapon. That means players just have to use other Loadouts without it. Then you can use firepower and the plasma pistol.

Eagle out.
    EDIT by Nicholas:
    I like applesauce
    Last edited by Anarchy; 07-22-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Re: Let's ban the Boltshot

I actually meant to click yes, damn touch screens. Any chance that vote can be changed?

REDWATCH VETERAN

Blog Posts

Yep, here we go again

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

@Zeta is there anyway I can change that? lol I don't think its possible

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Anyone who votes 'no' will forever be publicly shamed.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    I actually meant to click yes, damn touch screens. Any chance that vote can be changed?
    I believe admins can but even if they don't it's simple enough to subtract a vote from "No" and add it to "Yes". Especially since the votes are public.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Be aware that the only way to remove the boltshot is via forcing the secondary weapon to be a Magnum. This has the consequence of banning the plasma pistol as well, and also makes using the Firepower perk (which allows you to have 2 primary weapons) impossible.

Vanilla Conflict is already a gametype we have which features preset loadouts and removes the boltshot from the game, as well.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Anyone who votes 'no' will forever be publicly shamed.
    I voted no.

Its part of the game now, just like the mauler was, and you just have to play through it. Forcing set secondary weapons is something that I would love, but its going to create the problem of people complaining that they cant kill a banshee...or a mantis in a pivotal BTB/Capitol game without the plasma pistol. It even makes the ghost that much stronger, and its made out of paper.

Trying to fix this small problem will lead to bigger ones,and I know for a fact everyone will bitch about the new settings come BTB.

Pick your poison carefully FC. If you have somebody in a vehicle who knows what they are doing, you're going to hate it. And I'm going to love it.

EDIT: Myth beat me to the punch >.>

et ducit mundum per luce

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post
    I voted no.

Its part of the game now, just like the mauler was, and you just have to play through it. Forcing set secondary weapons is something that I would love, but its going to create the problem of people complaining that they cant kill a banshee...or a mantis in a pivotal BTB/Capitol game without the plasma pistol. It even makes the ghost that much stronger, and its made out of paper.

Trying to fix this small problem will lead to bigger ones,and I know for a fact everyone will bitch about the new settings come BTB.

Pick your poison carefully FC. If you have somebody in a vehicle who knows what they are doing, you're going to hate it. And I'm going to love it.

EDIT: Myth beat me to the punch >.>
    I don't understand why everyone has a problem with the boltshot... IMO, if you play smart enough you should rarely be killed by it. I use it, and it's only due to the fact that people have such linear movements that I get so many kills with it. One jump around a corner can usually mess up the aim, and in general the boltshot isn't really that good.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Thread Information