Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC Update 8.7

FC Update 8.7

Update 8.7
    ~Thou shalt not disrespect thy neighbor~

After a month of fighting on the frontlines, brotherhood forces led by the tenacious naval unit dubbed "DarkSail Raiders" have gained a strong foothold into Empire territory. Since the Imperial defense of large land-base Helios, the Brotherhood Exiles have successfully defended 3 Empire counterattacks and captured 2 planets with spartan forces. Elsewhere around the galaxy, both Brotherhood and Empire soldiers battle it out to support the main spartan forces.

~Brotherhood soldiers Weston Huhman and Reid "Houdini" fighting on the outskirts of "Tritan"~

Meanwhile, the Imperial Council has dispatched a unit led by the infamous "Zeke", known for his quiet personality, for a surprise assault on the BLUE weapon's cache of Warlock looking to cripple the Brotherhood's assault on Imperial territory.

Discipline and You!

So between last Sunday and today, we at the good ol' War Council have been experiencing a number of discipline issues brought to our attention. And by "a number" I mean, we at the good ol' War Council have been bombarded with seven discipline cases, six of which were all in last week's battle night.

I seriously think that's a new record. In my three years of being here, I've never experienced that many discipline issues in one battle night, or let alone one week. It's quite appalling. The issues come from both armies, a variety of squads, from people with varying amounts of time in this community. So no, don't look across the pond and point fingers, it happened all around. I'm pretty sure there's only one squad from each army that didn't have some sort of issue with one of their members.

But it's going to end here. We've changed up the Accords a bit to make disciplining a lot more easy. We've even given some powers to Flag Officers to make things a bit tighter on conduct around here.

Believe me, I in no way want to sound hostile, nor does the rest of War Council. We know the vast majority of you are great people and great members. We will never discipline someone without good reason. But we are keeping our eyes peeled, and the grey area shenanigans, the little snobby comments here and there after a game, the things that have in the past slipped through the cracks, they're not going to be tolerated by leadership anymore. And if you don't trust that your specific leader(s) will make that happen, trust that I will. Every High Command member, Precursor, and War Director has the authority to do what needs to be done in these cases. We will have respect upheld.

Some general changes to the Accords as far as discipline goes are here for those who wish to see them:

• All disciplinary actions at the community level will now ALWAYS be within the infraction system.
    • All infractions expire after 3 months, as opposed to the former expiration of 1 month.
    • Flag Officers (Major, Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel) now have full access to the Court Room. Any officer wishing to bring an issue can contact them or a high command member to do so.
    • Clear-cut tbagging cases result in an instant upgrade to the 3 infractions level to keep all community discipline within the infraction system. Offenders will also be required to redo a bootcamp.
    • Army leaders have more free roam to issue army specific discipline, however any army member wishing to appeal the army discipline as unjust can contact a War Director who will discuss it with War Council.

New infraction levels are as follows:
    (1) A warning not to break the Accords again.
    (2) A 1 week forum ban and suspension from the following Battle Night.
    (3) A 2 week forum ban and suspension from the following two Battle Nights.
    (4) A month forum ban and suspension from the following month's Battle Nights.
    (5) A permanent ban from all FC activities and websites.

Putting everything under the realm of infractions makes things easier for us, and simpler for you.

You've been warned. We love you all and want things to run as smoothly as possible. But if someone can't take this community seriously, we have no reason to protect them.

As always, if you ever have any issues with someone breaking the accords, contact someone, anyone.

Remaining Transparent

A little known fact about the accords being revised before this war started is a little line that says we at War Council have to provide information on all our decision making to the public. If you ever want to see what we voted on, and get some insight into what we've done, check it out on the bottom of Section III of the Accords here:

http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread....he-War-Council

I've went ahead and updated it for this war and will continue to do so in the future. If you ever have any questions as to what we do, and what we're doing, feel free to ask, as we try to be as transparent about issues that may concern you as possible.

Halo, Halo Everywhere!

By now I'm sure you've all heard of and seen some of the Master Chief Collection. We've only got 3 months left until the game drops! We all need to be prepared to recruit in the coming months and kick it into high gear so that potential recruits want to join us and stay with us. We'll only get one shot at it. I've already beat this topic quite a bit, so I'll leave you with a video of some gameplay of the new game for those who haven't gotten a good look yet:

Halo 3, 2007 never looked so good!

Interested in preparing for the MCC? Want to experience what FC battles may have been like 7 years ago? The Halo 3 war is still alive and kicking, but we need more people to make it a truly fantastic experience! If you're interested in signing up for this classic war that takes place on Saturdays, signup here:
    http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread....ar-Enlistments

It's not Easter, but I definitely smell rotten eggs!

The first person to find an Easter Egg I've hidden on the website gets a $5 XBL code. I've provided a hint above.

That's all I have for you gents. Lets have a great battle night tomorrow, and continue to support the greatest Halo community ever created! We have the chance to be something more special than we already are when MCC drops, but that chance starts now!

Any issues, comments, suggestions, love letter, feel free to contact myself or any other War Council member. We're here to help you and make your FC experience enjoyable.
    Last edited by Anarchy; 10-24-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Re: FC Update 8.7

Found the easter egg! Your hint was way too easy xD

Aren't you adorable.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post

rekt

Great update, glad to see punishment is back for offenders. Also have flag officers been given access to the court room yet? Don't see it anywhere.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    Great update, glad to see punishment is back for offenders. Also have flag officers been given access to the court room yet? Don't see it anywhere.
    Ill do it sometime today.

Actually I'll do it now since you guys may wana weigh in on the offenses mentioned that will be decided today.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post

what a tryhard!
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

It's my 3v3 with clear and silent! Woo lol, that's pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    All thugz of tha Forerunner Conflict hood is sposed ta fuckin know n' KNOW every last muthafuckin thang contained within these Accords. Ignorizzle is never a acceptable excuse.

WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE?
    DON'T YOU KNOW I'M A PENGUIN TOO?

[6:22 PM] JEWmanji33: "wrap your tool"

Lets all take a moment of silence to mourn the theoretical death of clearshot

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Yay for updates!

et ducit mundum per luce

Thread Information