I'm not sure where people get the idea that we've been "putting off" problems while we wait for MCC to drop. Pretty much this entire war has been WC trying to fix problems, then fixing the problems that arise from the first fix, etc, etc. (God I hate debugging.)

Legacy has gone from REDD to BLUE, back to REDD, then back again to BLUE trying to keep up with numbers/skill issues. This war has probably seen the most squad/member transfers of any other war in recent memory.

MCC won't magically fix anything just because it exists, but the likely boost of recruits will help to get fresh people and ideas back into the community. That alone will be great, but the added numbers have many other added benefits. Bootcamps will be more appealing when run with multiple recruits. Squads at both ends of the skill spectrum will have more potential opponents to be matched against, which should make matchups closer (so long as all our recruits aren't of one particular skill-level). Also any squad transfers should be a bit easier to balance since they wouldn't be such a relatively large percentage of our population.

There are probably other benefits of having a "new" game that I just can't think of offhand. But my point is that while there's plenty of reason to look forward to MCC, that doesn't mean that anyone is (or should be) giving up now. If anything, the positive attitude moving into the next game is something we should hold on to, since it's that kind of optimism that motivates people into doing the necessary work to actually take advantage of the increased activity.

TL;DR: MCC isn't a magical solution, simply a catalyst. It's everyone's work and outlook that will determine how effective it becomes.