Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Why MCC Will Hurt FC

FC is barely surviving right now; everybody knows it.

But we have hope. Everybody keeps saying "Let's just wait for MCC" or "Everything will be better with more people come MCC."

Are those "excuses" valid?

If you are in the community right now, you must care about the wellbeing of the community as a whole. Otherwise why would you stick around for unbalanced match ups and unbalanced armies?

If you don't believe me that the match ups aren't balanced, look at the last 2 weeks of battle nights. Of the 50+ games played, only 9 had score difference of less than 10%. A third of the games played had the winning team more than double the losing teams score. Those types of matches aren't fun for anybody.

People aren't playing for the fun, exciting and close battles. We are playing because we don't want the community to die.

Here is the major problem:

If we can't balance armies and have a fantastic war when the community is composed entirely of people with a deep desire for a successful and thriving community how can we expect things to get better when we have tons of new recruits who couldn't care less if Forerunner Conflict lives or dies?

I don't know what the solution is to fixing this war, and I doubt anyone person does otherwise they probably would have said something by now.

Before everything else, the community needs to be fun. Ideally all matches would be close and competitive, but I think if we had even 50% of the matches be competitive everybody would be happy.

I doubt anybody knows the entire picture about what is going on in every squad and both armies. We need teamwork and cooperation to fix not just the balancing issues, but all of the minor issues people might have with each other. It will take a lot of work, but everybody here is passionate about the success of the community. If we can't get this war back on track the entire community could very well collapse when we have an influx of people who simply don't know the history or care about the proud past we have in Forerunner Conflict.

Blog Posts

Re: Why MCC Will Hurt FC

Houdini for War Director.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

I feel like there are a few things that are going to have to happen at least.

Squads are going to need to be ranked skill wise freely be switched to what ever army needs them more. Just because your squad is one color now doesn't mean it will be that color during MCC.

New squads also need to be formed right as MCC starts. Some officers, even if its only and CO and maybe and XO need to start from scratch to start recruiting and adding to their squad. We need blood and new squads to build off of, as well as continuing to add to existing squads.

Leadership positions in the whole army will need to be touched. Make sure those in HC, FLAG, ect are fit for the job. Also if one army is in need of leaders some might volunteer to head across to bolster the ranks.

Just a few positions I've had in my head, feel free to pick them apart they aren't the end all be all of ideas.

REDWATCH VETERAN

MCC has nothing to do with what you are talking about, so the title is misleading. It's all about rotation and the matches being set up. MCC has nothing to do with that.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    New squads also need to be formed right as MCC starts. Some officers, even if its only and CO and maybe and XO need to start from scratch to start recruiting and adding to their squad. We need blood and new squads to build off of, as well as continuing to add to existing squads..
    I really like this idea. For the daring officers willing to create a new squad from scratch, we could maybe say they won't be allowed to play until they have "X" many members, thus forcing them to recruit fast and hard, as well as train fast and hard.

I created Hill 30

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    MCC has nothing to do with what you are talking about, so the title is misleading. It's all about rotation and the matches being set up. MCC has nothing to do with that.
    Maybe you aren't hearing the same things I am, but all I hear is that MCC will save the community and MCC this, MCC that. People are using the probable influx of new recruits in MCC to be an excuse to why we can't fix things now. MCC has everything to do with why we aren't seeing things get fixed. I remember at the start of the war everybody was talking about how this was going to be the last great war. We even had an extended peace time to ensure that both armies where ready to go. I have yet to see this great war everybody was talking about. If it is as simple as rotations and matches being setup, why have we had 9 weeks of Battle Nights and not fixed the rotations yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Squads are going to need to be ranked skill wise freely be switched to what ever army needs them more. Just because your squad is one color now doesn't mean it will be that color during MCC.
    Just to play the devils advocate here:

How can we rank squads based on Halo 4 performance when not all of the members will be going over to MCC on launch? How can we rank squads by skill when there probably will be a huge influx of recruits which could change the squad skill dynamics?

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Maybe you aren't hearing the same things I am, but all I hear is that MCC will save the community and MCC this, MCC that. People are using the probable influx of new recruits in MCC to be an excuse to why we can't fix things now. MCC has everything to do with why we aren't seeing things get fixed. I remember at the start of the war everybody was talking about how this was going to be the last great war.
    I have seen this excuse a lot, too. There was a clan I was in during Halo 3 that insisted everything was going to get better after ODST. Then it happened before Reach. I've only been here since Halo 4 began, but I know that towards the end of any given war, I heard people saying, "next war will be different!" and now we're seeing it again before MCC.

It's this idea that, during a major change, we can declutter. But waiting just makes the mess worse. I've only just gotten back, but I watched the Statbook during this war, and I agree that there was hardly any close matchups, especially last week. Hard to argue for a way to change that, because we know what happens when we start talking about "depolarization".

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

FC has ran into this issue before. I believe this happened during the Halo 3 to Reach change and the 2 to 3 change. Both times lead to an explosion of members. It will be rough at first but I do believe it will get better. It all depends on how much recruiting we do and how much we focus on the halo game most people are playing (Most likely 2).

- - - Updated - - -

Just to play the devils advocate here:

How can we rank squads based on Halo 4 performance when not all of the members will be going over to MCC on launch? How can we rank squads by skill when there probably will be a huge influx of recruits which could change the squad skill dynamics?
    Houdini this is something have had to deal with for 3 game changes now. We do it using Beta wars and community wide scrims.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

I always get sad when I hear the MCC stuff because I'll be late making the jump and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

As far as MCC prep ideas, I'm with Zeta
    New squads also need to be formed right as MCC starts.
    That's the best thing to get balance issues fixed because it actually gives more possibilities to make everyone happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    I need you guys to never change.
    You are significantly more likable than me

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&use  rid=3628&dateline=1407905  356

H4 Recv5 CO Recognition-DSR

[URL=http://minus.com/i/WhKTFFwt5awt]
    *Instert legally binding skype chat about Donkey buying me an X1*

The reasons I say "wait for MCC" are as follows:

-Bigger pool of players to recruit from
    -Old members coming back (left because of Halo 4)
    -Members wanting to start squads because they actually enjoy playing the game
    -Squad leaders having more inclination to recruit

That being said, I won't even try to go into what I think about people doing things here...
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Thread Information