Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Re: Why MCC Will Hurt FC

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    So I can't play and laugh with a FM if I'm a Private because he is a much higher rank and that it's not disciplined?
    Not in a legit WARSIM, no. Not on legit FC time anyway. But like I said, we don't have to be that strict. We just need to rebrand.

Besides, I'm not sure where you guys get the notion that people only come here for the WARSIM atmosphere...
    Um. No one said they ONLY came here for that aspect. There are plenty of reasons to join. All that has been said thus far is that if we call ourselves one thing and people join under the pretext that it is what we are, we have deceived them.

Every recruit and member I talked to came here for the community. I get what you're saying, but rebranding isn't necessary because our ranking system is quite diverse in that different ranks provide different responsibility
    Rebranding has nothing to do with Ranks. It has to do with what we call ourselves as a community. And obviously rebranding is necessary if they came to a WARSIM for a reason other than the actual sim... which is what is supposed to set us apart. Also, I have no clue what FC you have been a part of, but our Rank system hardly denlotes responsibility. Only to the point that I can tell who is an officer and who isn't. For the most part, the definition of each rank is incredibly loose (especially the NCO ranks), at least here in BLUE (and I hear it isn't that much different, but a bit better) in REDD. I can remember when my officer rank was LITERALLY determined by a DICE ROLL. Hell of a lot of meaning there lol.

In short, all I'm saying is we drop the WARSIM from our description of ourselves and just say we are "military-inspired". But calling ourselves a legit sim is like calling Taco Bell Mexican food.

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Lol real military. This is nothing close to real military. If you want to go back to what it use to be follow this then...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...dIsH2uv_4/edit

Not really sure where I got this but I found it the other day. Good luck telling people that have been here 2 months and are already officers that they are going back to SGT
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

Blog Posts

If anyone here remembers Emmett... well then you'll remember what a mil-sim was all about. :P
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

My issue with creating a rigidly structured WARSIM is that members who come in with an eager attitude may leave because they have to make up months and months of "experience" to really feel like they can make a difference and help out. I like this loose WARSIM environment, it provides opportunity to those willing to help...
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

My issue with creating a rigidly structured WARSIM is that members who come in with an eager attitude may leave because they have to make up months and months of "experience" to really feel like they can make a difference and help out. I like this loose WARSIM environment, it provides opportunity to those willing to help...
    If they leave because we require them to commit, then I hardly doubt they would have stayed long anyway. Anyway, I don't feel our points are conflicting. Again: we don't need to become more strict. All we have to do is change what we call ourselves. This is an issue of branding, not operations.

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Once again I feel like yours and our ideas of "rigidly structured" are different. Don't let Sicarioano confuse you - we're not saying to go months without a promotion. Obviously the armies in this community have an accelerated timeline compared to what we'd grasp as real life terms for an interstellar conflict. Wars last months instead of years, battles happen every week on different worlds, etc. All we're saying is there was more rigidity before than there is now, and going back to that in certain aspects shouldn't be ruled out.

It's not even a "decision" to be made to radically change the community. It merely requires individuals to step up and encourage people to engage in a more respectful culture, recognize when and when not shout, cut up, and laugh, and regard ranks (and those who hold them) up to their responsibility. Is that so foreign?

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Just because you want to help doesn't mean you deserve that position especially if you're new here and have no experience. I don't think anybody here would feel comfortable handing off HC positions to a bunch of 14-15 year old's just because they want to "help". This place has been around a while and in order to have some responsibility here you need to be here a while and have enough experience and trust from older members before we start handing out upper level positions.
    U.S. Navy
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

Once again I feel like yours and our ideas of "rigidly structured" are different. Don't let Sicarioano confuse you - we're not saying to go months without a promotion. Obviously the armies in this community have an accelerated timeline compared to what we'd grasp as real life terms for an interstellar conflict. Wars last months instead of years, battles happen every week on different worlds, etc. All we're saying is there was more rigidity before than there is now, and going back to that in certain aspects shouldn't be ruled out.

It's not even a "decision" to be made to radically change the community. It merely requires individuals to step up and encourage people to engage in a more respectful culture, recognize when and when not shout, cut up, and laugh, and regard ranks (and those who hold them) up to their responsibility. Is that so foreign?
    I agree. Sometimes the proper respect is not shown to those who dedicate so much time and effort into the community. They don't just hand out HC positions like tissues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarioano View Post
    Just because you want to help doesn't mean you deserve that position especially if you're new here and have no experience. I don't think anybody here would feel comfortable handing off HC positions to a bunch of 14-15 year old's just because they want to "help". This place has been around a while and in order to have some responsibility here you need to be here a while and have enough experience and trust from older members before we start handing out upper level positions.
    Agreed, but you also don't want them to get "lost in the ranks" so to speak
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

I want more military structure, not less. Not full blown but I miss the idea that rank meant something. When I joined Redwatch back in back in Rec 1 I started out as a Pvt. Between January and may, nearly 5 months of putting a lot of time into this community only then was I promoted to 1sgt sgt. Before that I had to recruit, run battle nights, squad practices, impress to earn that rank. While our community is smaller now and ranking up will be faster, I want more of the milsim environment.

When I first joined I remember meeting Unlucky number the FM at the time for Redd and going out of my way to show him respect for his rank. I never see that anymore, even field marshal the highest rank is treated with casual attitude. I don't like that anymore

REDWATCH VETERAN

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Another thing to consider is how the transition away from warsim has correlated with an increase in disrespectful behavior. If you haven't been told yet, there have been way too many infractions and just general disrespectful behavior in this last war. I'm not saying the cause of all this is the fact that we are losing the warsim feel, but it sure looks like there is a strong correlation.

Thread Information