Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Update 8.8

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Re: FC Update 8.8

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Believe me, this peacetime will not be a period of inactivity for the community.

It will give us time to tweak what we have and ensure that the armies grow and develop properly and equally over time, without forcing us to make quick decisions on squad allegiance without putting enough time into looking at the landscape of both armies.

We will have plenty of showcased events as a community, and as armies, to keep everyone involved in the community. It'll give time for people to utilize the numerous other things we have in FC. A lot of events will take place during battle night times/days anywho.
    I guess I'm just confused on how armies can grow and develop with no war going on nor a game to practice/play on. If the Halo 4 war is over, nobody is going to join the community to practice/play on Halo 4. Everybody will just wait for MCC and most likely play Destiny. Recruiting players for an "inactive" or at least "transitioning" Halo 4 community in Destiny matchmaking doesn't really make sense. Even with a long peacetime, how can you look at army landscapes when some squads will lose several key members during the Xbone transition?

I know the decision has already been made and whatnot, I'm just trying to figure out how we can grow and develop with only side wars and events (which usually involve forming new temporary squads/teams and don't really encourage squad growth and practice).

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Not all hardcore halo players are decently skilled. Just playing random matchmaking games I find plenty of people who range from sub 1.0 K/D to true try-hards with 60k+ kills. Saying that the state of the community and the terrible match ups isn't part of if not the majority of the reason why casuals don't want to play in the community is not true.
    Sub 1.0 k/d is still a decent player at darksail/vanguard's level.

Those with lower usually dont even care enough about halo to have a 130.

I guess I'm just confused on how armies can grow and develop with no war going on nor a game to practice/play on. If the Halo 4 war is over, nobody is going to join the community to practice/play on Halo 4. Everybody will just wait for MCC and most likely play Destiny. Recruiting players for an "inactive" or at least "transitioning" Halo 4 community in Destiny matchmaking doesn't really make sense. Even with a long peacetime, how can you look at army landscapes when some squads will lose several key members during the Xbone transition?
    Come REDD and I'll show you why I'm confident ; D.

If battle nights are the only thing we can do to keep people in FC, we've got bigger issues. I'm confident we'll have plenty to do.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

If battle nights are the only thing we can do to keep people in FC, we've got bigger issues. I'm confident we'll have plenty to do.
    When you recruit battles are the big thing you push. Then to get the bond you usually play Matchmaking with them, but it's hard to keep a recruit who's on the line about trying it out if you don't have battlenights to show them what it's like or if you don't even have the MCC to play with them. Sure you could play halo 4 but some people don't like that game or something. It's hard to get solid members without having something to keep them enticed and to bond with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    I need you guys to never change.
    You are significantly more likable than me

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&use  rid=3628&dateline=1407905  356

H4 Recv5 CO Recognition-DSR

[URL=http://minus.com/i/WhKTFFwt5awt]
    *Instert legally binding skype chat about Donkey buying me an X1*

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    When you recruit battles are the big thing you push. Then to get the bond you usually play Matchmaking with them, but it's hard to keep a recruit who's on the line about trying it out if you don't have battlenights to show them what it's like or if you don't even have the MCC to play with them. Sure you could play halo 4 but some people don't like that game or something. It's hard to get solid members without having something to keep them enticed and to bond with them.
    This is what I'm trying to say. I'm just not as eloquent as W3z4b1.

People who are a part of the community already know that FC is about more than just battle nights. But getting a squad together and the atmosphere present on battle nights isn't matched by any of the other side events I have participated in.

I may be wrong, but I would say the Halo 3 side war is the largest side activity in FC in a while. How many people have joined the community because of that event?

Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    They're gamers. Find something else they like to play that people in your squad like to play.

Have squad events. Army events. Squad competitions. Side-wars. LARP. Other games.

At the end of the day, battles are toxic to one army's health right now. Zeke and Friends was the only unit in the entirety of REDD to not lose every game they played last Sunday. While personally I think people shouldn't be as mad as they are that they're losing, their anger is directly related to how much emphasis people put on battle nights themselves.

The options were:
    1. Keep going as scheduled with the war, and speed a transfer through in 24 hours from when we started the discussion (Because everytime attack plans are late, the forums ask who to crucify).
    2. End the wars early, hype people for a capital battle, and start preparing for our future.

DarkSail is in a special place where everyone just joined back up and is at its peak, that naturally makes you guys pumped for battles. But most others are in a different stage.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Sub 1.0 k/d is still a decent player at darksail/vanguard's level.

Those with lower usually dont even care enough about halo to have a 130.
    I'm not really sure what you are trying to say about DarkSails skill level, but I think you didn't understand my point.

Just because you have a low K/D doesn't make you bad anymore than a high K/D makes you good. The point I'm trying to get across is that there still is a variety of skill levels in the general Halo 4 community. Attributing our inability to recruit and retain new members should not just be attributed to the Halo 4 community. We need to work on how we can provide an environment for new recruits when they first join and when they attend there first battle night.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say about DarkSails skill level, but I think you didn't understand my point.

Just because you have a low K/D doesn't make you bad anymore than a high K/D makes you good. The point I'm trying to get across is that there still is a variety of skill levels in the general Halo 4 community. Attributing our inability to recruit and retain new members should not just be attributed to the Halo 4 community. We need to work on how we can provide an environment for new recruits when they first join and when they attend there first battle night.
    I'm stating that sub 1.0 k/d would still be considered an above average skilled player by FC's standards.

I don't think having more casual players is the key. I think diversifying the skill of each squad is more towards the point.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

I think diversifying the skill of each squad is more towards the point.
    I really like this.

Now how on are you guys planing to do this?

I really like this.

And that's part of why you should be excited about a peacetime.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Blog Posts

It is up to the community to help with that as well. The WC can't recruit for us. And Anarchy, a good portion of our lower-skill tier left this war because there was not a balanced tier for them to play against and when there was, they weren't being put up against a team that was closer to their skill level when one was available. At one point, there was a good diverse tier in the beginning of this war. I know just a week or two ago, Divinity was going up against VbD when there was a Darksail 2 team that would have been a much fairer fight. Just things like that.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information