Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Update 8.8

Re: FC Update 8.8

Really? dark sails wasn't asked to transfer? My hope is restored a bit! cause it seems like you guys are more willing then I was lead to believe.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura View Post
    Really? dark sails wasn't asked to transfer? My hope is restored a bit!
    All I remember having in our discussions was something about Redd wanting to handle the imbalance on their own since Divinity just transferred. I don't pretend to read all of the stuff in the DarkSails chats, but I personally was never part of a discussion regarding a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    It is up to the community to help with that as well. The WC can't recruit for us. And Anarchy, a good portion of our lower-skill tier left this war because there was not a balanced tier for them to play against and when there was, they weren't being put up against a team that was closer to their skill level when one was available. At one point, there was a good diverse tier in the beginning of this war. I know just a week or two ago, Divinity was going up against VbD when there was a Darksail 2 team that would have been a much fairer fight. Just things like that.
    Something I hope to solve in my own way.

I can't stress enough how what I'm about to say is NOT in any way a shot at anyone, as I understand the completely innocent reason behind doing it the way it has been done (for friends), but:
    The best situation I can give as an example of what I'd want to change, is in situations where we have an 8v8, Legacy has 4 people, VbD has 4 people, Divinity has 4 people, and Animus has 4 people. When you mix the teams, mixing VbD and Legacy, then mixing Divinity and Animus, really creates a divide and that tends to be what happened a lot last war. Not only with actual battle night situations like that, but with recruit placement, squad composition, etc.

Ideally, those mixes should be a lower skilled group with a higher skilled group. Think of that sort of change, only with squad composition as a whole on standard like that. Nothing drastic forcing people away from where they want to be, but making the situation apparent and having a driving force pushing squads to be more diverse in that aspect.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    And that's part of why you should be excited about a peacetime.
    Consider me a skeptic.

If all it takes is a 2 month peacetime to resolve the squad skill polarization, why didn't we just have a 2 month peacetime a long time ago? Its not that I'm not excited about having all of these issues go away, I just can't believe that it will happen over the next 2 months so we are ready for a fair and balance MCC war at launch.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Consider me a skeptic.

If all it takes is a 2 month peacetime to resolve the squad skill polarization, why didn't we just have a 2 month peacetime a long time ago? Its not that I'm not excited about having all of these issues go away, I just can't believe that it will happen over the next 2 months so we are ready for a fair and balance MCC war at launch.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Consider me a skeptic.

The right motivated leadership can move mountains from Antarctica to the North Pole.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Something I hope to solve in my own way.

I can't stress enough how what I'm about to say is NOT in any way a shot at anyone, as I understand the completely innocent reason behind doing it the way it has been done (for friends), but:
    The best situation I can give as an example of what I'd want to change, is in situations where we have an 8v8, Legacy has 4 people, VbD has 4 people, Divinity has 4 people, and Animus has 4 people. When you mix the teams, mixing VbD and Legacy, then mixing Divinity and Animus, really creates a divide and that tends to be what happened a lot last war. Not only with actual battle night situations like that, but with recruit placement, squad composition, etc.

Ideally, those mixes should be a lower skilled group with a higher skilled group. Think of that sort of change, only with squad composition as a whole on standard like that. Nothing drastic forcing people away from where they want to be, but making the situation apparent and having a driving force pushing squads to be more diverse in that aspect.
    I like this a lot, but hasn't the concern/problem with doing this the fact that the more casual players sometimes just want to have fun and drive vehicles around the map where the more competitive players are actually pushing really hard to win the map? Won't compelling players to play with people of a different skill set just create tension within the teams?

More than just different play styles, what about in game communications? I know when I'm in games with mostly casual people we sometimes don't even use callouts and just carry on random conversations during matches, but when playing with people who actually want to win the map we go strictly information communication only.

Sorry for playing the devils advocate here.

Blog Posts

All I remember having in our discussions was something about Redd wanting to handle the imbalance on their own since Divinity just transferred. I don't pretend to read all of the stuff in the DarkSails chats, but I personally was never part of a discussion regarding a transfer.
    Wasn't in chat, was online. ;P But yeah we decided it wouldn't make much of a difference skill-wise.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Yeah the conversation was, which I told nick, darksail would be willing to transfer if the community really needed it. But with out squad not being the highest tier in blue we would of just been more loses against legacy and vbd.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

To get the conversation away from squad transfer could of, should of, would of, consider this interesting fact about recruit retention.

During Rec2 23 people joined the community and are still active today (visited the site within the last week)
    During Rec3, Rec4 and pre-August Rec5 13 people joined the community and are still active today.

Other than the fact that the game was newer in Rec2 than it is now (I really doubt long term recruit retention is related to the 'newness' of a game), what have we done differently?

Thread Information