Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

WTF Is SOLN?

So believe it or not, but I consider myself to be a decent writer. Not great, but decent. And these last few weeks I've randomly had ideas come into my head for some character designs and a basic plot. About five hours ago I decided to put it down on paper, and suddenly it's 3:00 AM. I decided to stop and get some sleep, but then while lying there I had an amazing idea: make it interactive!

So I decided to screw sleep and now we have this:

Right now I have a general idea of the main characters, the setting, the theme, and the plot. But one thing I realized I need more of are supporting characters! Side characters that interact with the story, but aren't the main character. So, I figured I'd try to relate it to FC and let you guys be those side characters.

I plan on this being something that I will post a chapter every week or two here, for everyone to read. After that, I'll meet with people who create characters and tell them the situation their character is in, and ask what they will do. For example:
    There's a freaking dragon in front of you. What do you do?

A: Stand there is absolute terror. Your mouth opens slowly and a shriek erupts from your throat louder than anyone would think possible.
    B: Walk up to it and try to pet it. You know how to train dragons, or at least you think you do.
    C: Run away as fast as you can, disregarding anything and everything in your path; the only thing your mind can fathom is getting as far away from that dragon as your legs will take you.
    The choices your character makes will actually be represented in the story, from the perspectives of the main characters. Sometimes it will have major influences on the story, (such as if you end up fighting a main character and decide to slice off an arm), or just minor things like this:
    {Name redacted} and {name redacted} continue down the dark caves. They enter into a dimly lit cavern, with what appears to be oil lit aflame that has probably been burning for years. Suddenly, out of one of the many other passageways leading to the cavern comes a massive roar, shaking the rock itself. Moments later after the roar ends comes a shrill, screeching scream that is so loud it hurt their ears.
    In addition, along with the chapter released will be some Player Perspectives (when they're interesting, not every time probably), where all of FC will get to see what went through the mind of your character, how they got in that situation, and what happens afterward. (stuff the main characters wouldn't know about, such as whether your guy was able to walk up and pet the dragon and whether it ate you or not)

Not so sure how much actual interest there will be in this, but I think it can be fun for a few weeks of peacetime at least.

So, want to make a character and see how long you can survive before you get eaten by a dragon!? Click here!
    Last edited by Mythonian; 10-18-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Thread Information