Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

SOLN Character Creation

First of all, read the "WTF Is SOLN?" thread!

If you think you want to create a character to impact the story, keep reading. If not, wait for Chapter One to be released soon.

How to create a character

Fill out the form using the information a bit lower:
    Character name:
    Faction:
    Role:
    Appearance:

Names & Ages

Just coming up with a first name is fine in most cases, unless you want your character to have a special backstory (which is fine). For ages, anything above 50 or so is "really old" so stick below that if you want your character to e able to hold a weapon.

Factions & Roles
    The Merchant Caravan

In this world, merchants travel from town to town selling wares. They travel in caravans, usually ranging from 3 wagons to triple that. Usually mostly men, sometimes with wives and children. Bandit attacks happen sometimes, which is why merchants decide to travel in groups. Sometimes they hire additional guards if they think it's needed.

Possible roles: merchant, worker, hired guard, etc.
    The Bandit Raiders

Most towns are autonomous, and the lands in between are rugged and wild except for the sparse roads. Most people who live in these areas resort to ambushing caravans for supplies. Every now and then large groups of bandits may even raid a smaller town, but it's rare to see that nowadays.

Possible roles: bandit, societal parasite, etc.
    The Town of Foabur - NO LONGER ACCEPTING CHARACTERS

A smaller town with about 400 inhabitants. The central area has well-constructed buildings, but most of the town is lower-class housing, and the area is surrounded by large farming tracts. The town has no wall surrounding it, but it tries to maintain a militia to help prevent bandits from raiding. Unfortunately for the farmers, they end up being the early warning system.

Possible roles: farmer, guard, doctor, merchant, innkeeper, blacksmith, apprentice, barkeeper, etc.
    The City of Nalvo - NO LONGER ACCEPTING CHARACTERS

A medium-size city with about 1200 inhabitants. Nalvo has a wall surrounding it, making bandit attacks fruitless. Additionally, they have very well-trained guards that man the walls constantly, so most bandits have fled the area in search of easier prey. Most caravans that pass through here will hire a few guards if they think they are going into bandit territory.

Possible roles: farmer, guard, doctor, merchant, innkeeper, blacksmith, apprentice, barkeeper, etc.
    The Town of Tarmikos

An isolated town with about 300 inhabitants. The town is right on the edge of the Hilst River, upstream from Gellantara. The town has no walls and a quarter of the population are farmers. It has docks allowing for riverboats to transport goods and people to and from Gellantara quickly.

Possible roles: farmer, guard, doctor, merchant, innkeeper, blacksmith, apprentice, barkeeper, dockworker, riverboat worker, etc.
    The Elves of the Endless Woods

Something unique about this region is that it is almost entirely forested. Most humans stay near the eastern edges of the forest, where the woods are less dense. Elves are known to exist, but no one has seen any in hundreds of years. The best theory anyone has is that they receded deep into the woods to the west. A few have ventured into the depths in search of them, but no one has seen any traces of anything besides more and more trees.

Possible roles: Elf.
    The Mages Guild

Magic is a strong and mysterious power that few possess. Before the Elves left the east, they left some basic magical knowledge with certain humans, and these people have since started the Mages Guild, which is centered in the city of Triln, one of the largest human cities. Being accepted into the Mages Guild is extremely rare, and generally only those born with magical tendencies can receive the honor. Most of their work is researching magic and searching for children with potential. Rarely do they venture forth for other reasons.

Possible roles: Mage.
    The City of Triln

One of the largest cities and the location of the Mages Guild, Triln is home to over 3000 humans. It is so massive that it often can politically influence its neighboring cities. It has effectively routed all bandit activity anywhere close to it, forcing bandits to prey on smaller towns instead. It is a center of trade, and nearly all caravans pass through Triln regularly.

Possible roles: Pretty much anything.
    The Port of Gellantara

One of the largest ports in the region, Gellantara controls a good portion of the sea trade with the island cities and even farther lands across the sea. The port of Trannyth gets more trade, but only because it is along the river leading to Triln.

Possible roles: sailor, guard, pretty much anything else.
    The Factionless

The miscellaneous roles.

Possible roles: Propose something to me.

Other information, such as backstory and everything, will be explored in the Player Perspectives, which is why I'm not asking for it during character creation.

Here's a map to help figure out how things are in relation to each other:

For more information, check the "The World of SOLN" thread. It even includes a larger, more expansive, and more detailed map.
    Last edited by Mythonian; 11-29-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Re: SOLN Character Creation

Character name: Shade

Faction: The City of Nalvo

Role: Mercenary/Hired Guard

Appearance: Not the brawniest of people but makes up for it with agility. Slightly taller than most others. Very dark, medium length hair. Always seen with his dual knives, which are small and curved. Holds knives with reverse grip. Various scars all over his body.

I really like this idea and can't wait to see where it goes!

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Character name: Holland Novak
    Faction: City of Triln
    Role: Guard or Knight? if you have one, if not just Guard
    Appearance: Average Size and Build, White hair with red eyes. A scar on his chest from when he was younger. Usually likes to hide his face, cause people keep asking about his eyes and hair
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Character name: Jonah Cardain
    Faction: (born) undisclosed, (resident) Nalvo
    Role: Stable valet
    Appearance: Average height, athletic build, short cropped brown hair, green eyes, homespun clothes and a cloak, completely unassuming appearance.
    Last edited by Jam Cliché; 09-05-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Character name: Rigatoni Ketchatori (The Italian Samurai)
    Faction: Factionless
    Role: Wanderer/Merc/Hired Guard?
    Appearance: Average Height, Slightly chubby, short/slightly messy dark brown hair, light blue eyes. Also known as the Wandering Chef.

Character name: Cypha Capulet
    Faction: City of Trilin
    Role: Knight
    Appearance: Long golden hair placed in a pony tail. Small "X" scar on her left cheek, brown eyes, average height, a bit muscular.

Extra Comment: Nick muss fall
    Last edited by Breezy; 09-02-2014 at 02:43 PM.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Character name: Cypha Capulet
    Faction: City of Trilin
    Role: Knight
    Appearance: Long golden hair placed in a pony tail. Small "X" scar on her left cheek, brown eyes, average height, a bit muscular.

Extra Comment: She only carries two twin double edged blades and her attitude is keen
    I don't think Myth would add the swords and the attitude, we are just meant to be support characters and not the main character, plus if you get that then I want a Sword with runes on it
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    I don't think Myth would add the swords and the attitude, we are just meant to be support characters and not the main character, plus if you get that then I want a Sword with runes on it
    Sir, your words mean nothing to my might. Get back.

"Creativity is always a leap of faith. You're faced with a blank page, blank easel, or empty stage".

Character name: Tanis ( elves call me Tanis half elf because it is a shame among elves to be a mix between human and elf)
    Faction: The Elves of Endless Woods
    Role: Mage
    Appearance:what your average elf looks like with brown hair and facial hair because of my half human side to hide the fact that I am an elf

If you would like a backstory on my character contact me myth!
    Last edited by CrazyKiller4561; 09-02-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Blog Posts

Wow Crazykiller totally just stole my name. I see we have another fan of the Dragonlance series...
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information