Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Re: Internet Service Providers

Since you live in Texas go AT&T. What I have and don't have any problems, especially if you run an ethernet cord. Or get what Anarchy has, because he always pulls host.
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Google Fiber is worth your money if you can get access to it.

If you have access to it and don't have it, I hate you.

I use Telstra. But then again, that doesn't help you at all!

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Google Fiber if it's in your neighborhood. $70/month for what you get is still good value.

AT&T U-Verse is technically FiOS I think, but it's not as fast as Google. But still good value. But even here you're going to need to pay for the $45/month plan to have a decent connection, the $35/month plan may get you by but it's not any better value than TWC.

I have Time Warner too. You really only need their Standard plan (15mbps), which is $35/month. If they upped the bill, you can usually bitch up a storm and threaten to leave to get it down a bit, that's always an option.

But for internet speeds suitable for gaming, you're going to be forking over $40~ at least.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Google Fiber is worth your money if you can get access to it.

If you have access to it and don't have it, I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Google Fiber if it's in your neighborhood. $70/month for what you get is still good value.
    This.

AT&T U-Verse is technically FiOS I think, but it's not as fast as Google. But still good value. But even here you're going to need to pay for the $45/month plan to have a decent connection, the $35/month plan may get you by but it's not any better value than TWC.
    U-verse is a bit different. The majority of the pipelines are fiber-based, but you don't get the full benefit of fiber speeds, because the fiber terminates before reaching the household. It's called Fiber To The Block, as opposed to Fiber To The Door. From the terminal to the household, it's DSL. This gave AT&T a major edge against other DSL providers for some time, because they could service customers with higher speed DSL and keep any complete fiber providers from setting up shop in most of the areas they control. The greater Atlanta area is an example: other fiber providers including Google may find it difficult to lay the groundwork for their services due to AT&T's foothold, even though DSL is largely falling away under Fiber and Cable, which sucks for Myth and me. AT&T is beginning plans to go full Fiber To The Door, however, likely because Google Fiber managed a successful proof of concept with their service. We'll see the results unfold over time, to be sure.

I have Time Warner too. You really only need their Standard plan (15mbps), which is $35/month. If they upped the bill, you can usually bitch up a storm and threaten to leave to get it down a bit, that's always an option.

But for internet speeds suitable for gaming, you're going to be forking over $40~ at least.
    Finally, this. Compared to the current plan I have with U-verse, by the way, 35 bucks for 15mbps downstream bandwidth (probably 3-5 upstream) is a steal, as it should be considering that cable is simply proving to be easier to advance than DSL.

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    TW was also bought out by Comcast. Anyone who lives in the East Coast knows how shitty Comcast can be.
    It hasn't been bought out yet, but I can attest to how evil Comcast is as a whole anyway. Toast, however, seems rather satisfied with Time Warner over in the greatest city on Earth blah blah blah.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

I thought google fiber was 100+ a month
    The problem is I am also paying for cable, but I think I should get rid of it cause I don't really watch TV except toonami on saturdays.
    Yeah I guess I'll do that and get some better internetz

Thanks for all the help guys!
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Thread Information