Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Member Spotlight: September 2014

L3g3ndarY NovA

We learn a few things from this extraordinary, and passionate FC member. Let's get to know more about him.

PROFESSION: High School Student

FAVORITE MULTIPLAYER GAME: Halo 4. Yes. Seriously...

FAVORITE SINGLE PLAYER GAME: Portal 2

FAMOUS QUOTE: Arguing with a stubborn person is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, they're just going to crap on the game board and strut around like they won anyway.

"The Interview"

Q: Congratulations on becoming the member spotlight of September. Tell me in 2 words how you feel? Then.. tell us why you think you were chosen.

A: Amazingly excited!
    If I had to guess why I was chosen, I'd say it would definitely be my spotless battle night attendance! All joking aside though, I would have to say that it's my contributions to FC through the forums and side activities, and my positive outlook that got me noticed. When I find something I like, I get devoted to it!

Q: So Nova, can I call you Nova? Mr. Nova? Your Gamertag seems Legendary.. how did you come up with the name?

A: You can call me anything you want, but most people call me Nova, mainly since it's the shortest way to put my GT. As for how I got it, I was at my friend's place making my account and I could not for the life of me think of a decent gamertag. As most people know, I'm absolutely horrific when it comes to naming things. Anyway, we were both watching YouTube videos at the same time as making my account, and I can't remember exactly what it was, but he was watching a video of 'Legendary' something or other, and I was watching this video about supernovas in space (I am obsessed with space). Put them together and you get L3g3ndarY NovA!

Q: Mr. Nova, tell us how long you have been in Forerunner Conflict, and what is your ultimate goal in the community?

A: I’ve been in FC for about 2 months now and I've been on every day. My ultimate goal while I’m in the community is to stay positive, make everyone feel welcome, and just be a helpful contribution wherever I can. If others are happy, I’m happy.

Q: Jedi or Sith? *force choke* Tell me why you chose either of them.

A: Hmm… That’s a tough one. In the end I would definitely go for Sith though. Being evil is so much more fun! Running around doing whatever you want. No silly Jedi council to ruin your day… Who wouldn’t want that?

Q: A lot of Big titles are coming out soon in the gaming world. Destiny and Master Chief collection are the two main ones that we at FC are looking forward too. Is their any other games you can't wait to get your hands on?

A: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is definitely on my watch list. Ghosts sort of let the series down but it looks like Advanced Warfare can really fix the gap with all of the new features. Assassin’s Creed: Unity is looking pretty good too!

Q: Do you have any idea or hopes for the FC community? Any changes?

A: I just hope that FC tries to work with everyone from the community to help as many people as possible with their problems and suggestions, so we have everything ironed out before the MCC drops. We need to give everyone as even a say as possible to bring up their opinions, and then go from there to satisfy as many members as possible. I feel that starting on a good foot with all of the recruits and veterans of FC is the absolutely best thing this community can do going into the MCC.

Q: Why is it that when I wake up from a nap I want to punch a random wall?

A: During your waking up periods, I would say you go through a point of sub psychotic rage where you feel the need to punch something in order to release that rage. You most likely hit a wall because it is much bigger than you, so you get satisfaction over defeating it. As for the randomness, you wouldn't want to hit the same wall over and over again because you don’t want to subconsciously feel like you are being biased towards that particular wall, so you randomly select a one to be beaten every time you wake up!

Q: Sooo, I should see somebody about my random punch walling?

A: Yes. I suggest a punching bag salesman!

Q: Anyway, Tell us about any other hobbies you have outside of gaming and FC?

A: This! <--- That's a link!

Like I said before, I love everything to do with space. I just can’t get enough of it. Although I would probably never want to go into space, I could go on for hours about how amazing every single part of it is, especially black holes. It’s just an amazing thing to talk about!

I also love all computers and technology. It’s where I hope to head once I get out of high school. Just something to do with computers for a job sounds really amazing!

Q: Here is your chance to say what you want to the entire FC community

A: The most important thing I have to say to the community is to stay positive. Personally, I have been going through a really rough patch of my life for the last 3 or so years and I hated it. I don’t want others to feel the same way, so I try to make them all happy. When I joined FC, it kept me on the ground. The community as a whole has helped me a lot, so now I’m repaying the favour.

For anyone having a hard time, just stay positive, no matter what the situation. Keep going forwards through the seemingly endless tunnel. Because when you keep moving forwards you’ll meet people along the way, willing to help you with your journey. They will keep you going in the right direction. Eventually, you’ll see a little speck of white on your otherwise black view. And when you see that little glimmer of hope, run for it. Run towards it faster than what you think physically possible. And while you’re running, you’ll notice it get bigger and bigger. That little speck that you’re clinging to with all of your might grows into more and more positivity, until there is no black left, and you are out of the tunnel, freeing yourself from all of the negative emotions and thoughts about the situation. That, is when the real fun starts!

Re: Member Spotlight: September 2014

You. I like you.
    (Not Raz, Nova.)

Raz can go force choke a wall or something. :P
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Grats legendary! You deserve it.

Battle night attendance or not, you're an asset to this community.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

This a first lol. Congrats Nova

Congratulations Nova. Really enjoyed the read as well, and for that... I thank you.

Blog Posts

I'm absolutely horrific when it comes to naming things.
    As you can tell, me too. :P

Congrats Nova, you deserve it!
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

When all hope is lost, Nova emerges from the shadows to give wall punching tips
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    You. I like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    I need you guys to never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    You are significantly more likable than me

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&use  rid=3628&dateline=1407905  356

H4 Recv5 CO Recognition-DSR

[URL=http://minus.com/i/WhKTFFwt5awt]
    *Instert legally binding skype chat about Donkey buying me an X1*

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Good stuff Nova. I too enjoy space talk, I think its a fascinating topic and is part of the reason why I have a hard-on for games like Mass Effect, Destiny and to a lesser extent Halo.

et ducit mundum per luce

Good interview, one could say it was legendary. Right? Amiright? Haha

REDWATCH VETERAN

Thread Information