Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Halo 5 is Pulling a Halo 2?

The fine lad that plays Agent Jameson Locke in Halo 5: Guardians and in Halo: Nightfall has spilled the beans in an interview with Official Xbox Magazine.

Apparently, Agent Locke is a playable character in the game - hence the box art showing Locke above Master Chief.

Hopefully it's good like the Arbiter and it doesn't suck.

(Potentially minor spoilers within.)
    http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...medium=twitter

SUPER EDIT:

HOLD THE PHONE. According to a Microsoft statement and after looking at the interview with OXM more, it looks like MC won't be the primary playable character - Agent Locke will.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...lo-5-guardians

Master Chief will play an "integral part to the story and as a playable character", and Michael Colter, Agent Locke himself, said "you're basically going to be playing a game with me as the primary character".

NO.

NO.

BAD, 343! BAD!

SPECULATION TIME:

This makes me believe that the first half of the game is going to be us playing as Locke tracking down the Chief. There'd be a lot of chatter as you make your progress.
    Then, Chief and Locke either join forces or butt heads and save the galaxy.
    Last edited by Maxdoggy; 10-06-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Re: Halo 5 is Pulling a Halo 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    I am not okay with this. I want to play as Chief, dammit!
    There better be some REALLY good Master Chief levels or I'm gonna flip!

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Whoa! People are flipping. Arbiter became one of the franchises favored characters. I'll play as Locke. Why not? At least this time I won't kill my compatriots out of confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

This was already known months ago x.x

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

It's refreshing to see a story from two separate viewpoints, just as long as it's not overdone like the Call of Duty games where you play as 50 different people in a 2 hour campaign. I really liked the Arbiter's levels in Halo 2 and it was interesting to see how the Covenant fell apart from his standpoint; rather than just being the Master Chief and wondering all of a sudden "why the fuck are they fighting each other". As long as the story puts a primary focus on the Chief like they did in Halo 2, then I don't see how this could be bad at all. I'm excited =D

I created Hill 30

Did anyone like playing as the arbiter? Those missions were my least favorite to play.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    Did anyone like playing as the arbiter? Those missions were my least favorite to play.
    I did for the sake of the story. I wasn't a huge fan of all the fights against the Flood with him, but I enjoyed him nonetheless. Plus he had some AWESOME quotes. As I said, it's just refreshing to see two different sides to a story and then watch them come together.

I created Hill 30

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    I did for the sake of the story. I wasn't a huge fan of all the fights against the Flood with him, but I enjoyed him nonetheless. Plus he had some AWESOME quotes. As I said, it's just refreshing to see two different sides to a story and then watch them come together.
    You took the words right out of my mouth, BH. Totally agreed.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    This was already known months ago x.x
    ^
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

HOLD THE PHONE. According to a Microsoft statement and after looking at the interview with OXM more, it looks like MC won't be the primary playable character - Agent Locke will.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...lo-5-guardians

Master Chief will play an "integral part to the story and as a playable character", and Michael Colter, Agent Locke himself, said "you're basically going to be playing a game with me as the primary character".

NO.

NO.

BAD, 343! BAD!

SPECULATION TIME:

This makes me believe that the first half of the game is going to be us playing as Locke tracking down the Chief. There'd be a lot of chatter as you make your progress.
    Then, Chief and Locke either join forces or butt heads and save the galaxy.
    Last edited by Maxdoggy; 10-06-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Thread Information