Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

In Site Advertisement

I noticed that FC does not have ad's that lead us off site in the forums. Which I have to be honest I almost never go to the home page, bookmarked straight to the forums for easy access to what I need. I have a thought that this is a real missed opportunity at the moment. What if FC had small ad's in an aside or header that lead people to new parts of the site?

For example:

• Why do we fight? Check out the FC Lore section to learn more!
    • Check out Carpe's "Most informative thread you'll ever read" post for most of your website needs!
    • Feeling bored? Why not see what new "Events" are happening! (I know we have a little line of text that appears at the top of the page, but really? So unappealing, put it up in lights!!! <3 )
    • Need something to listen to? Check out the "FC Podcast"!
    • Want to express yourself or learn more about another member? Check out the blogs!
    • Are you a gambling type? Head on over to the vBookie for all your devilish needs!
    • WHOA! Wasn't his user title cool and colorful? Head on over to the FC Shop to check out all the cool gear and customization's.

*I think you get the point, I could do this for pages. Now imagine on the empty side of the page or in the top: a colorful halo themed/FC themed graphic appears enticing you to check out a part of FC that you've never seen before?

We could even have members contact management to put up an Ad for a new event or something like a new LARP starting.

I think it would be a good way to facilitate much of the great content and areas of FC that are left untouched by some members or completely lost to new ones. Any thoughts?

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Re: In Site Advertisement

I like it, make it happen.

I'm all for it. the more user friendly the site is for new members the better.

Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire
    "literally you are just like the lasky to master chief. after encountering me and joing bellator you worked your way to the top. now look. your a commander and i now call YOU sir. just like the story line." -- JOHN 117 POMC

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura View Post
    I'm all for it. the more user friendly the site is for new members the better.
    This would be especially useful for retaining members who get confused by the site layout.

If added to compliment the banner messages that Myth usually posts when a new update or event is going on, I think that it's not a bad idea!
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

As I said, announcements are already used to tell new signups where to go. However having ads for our own stuff would be nice, if it can be done.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

"Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

I personally don't like the "gray on gray" headlines. Do new members get info on where to find the lore and all that stuff? If so I can see the pointlessness. EDIT: With that being said something is better than nothing and it is very helpful
    Last edited by Carpe Vexillum; 10-23-2014 at 02:15 PM.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Totally support this. Although I do have to add that claims regarding the site not being user friendly or that it is too difficult to find things always make me chuckle a bit. Anything can be found easily using the categorical headers under the forum section. God forbid we ask new people to use a little gumption and take the initiative to learn how the site works.

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Thread Information