View Poll Results: What should be on the WARMAP?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Include every map on the WARMAP on all 5 games (No forge maps 1st war)

15 31.25%
  • Remove some unpopular maps from the WARMAP and replace them with H2A forged maps

20 41.67%
  • Include every map on the WARMAP on all 5 games and add H2A forged maps on top of that

13 27.08%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FC update 9.15

FC update 9.15

Update 9.15 (Mini-Update)

One Small Step for FC, One Smaller Step for Halo Fans

Beta War

This is a mini-update for you Forerunner Conflicters (is that a thing?) who are wondering how the hell FC and our planned beta war fit into all of this server madness.

In a battle of coin flips, robotic sexual innuendos, and incredible physiques, Mythonian and I have reorganized the beta war in a way that works around MCC's issues in a way that both eases us into the war, while trying to avoid other such... things. Here's how the beta war looks about now:

• Nov. 23rd: Halo 2 Anniversary (1 Map Pre-Beta War)
    • Nov. 30th: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
    • Dec. 7th: Halo 2 Classic
    • Dec. 14th: Halo 2 Anniversary
    • Dec. 21st: One map from Halo 3, One map from Halo 4. Halo 4 map may be replaced if we need to test something in another game.

The first Battle Night of the beta war will be Sunday, November 23rd, at 8PM EST and will consist of one map.

8PM EST, why? One map, why?

Well...
    As for the time, it's because 343, in partnership with ESL, is hosting weekly "cups", which are essentially online tournaments you and a potential team of 4 can compete in, just like the pros, for points towards the overall "Champions League". Yeah, yeah, whatever, right? Either you already knew that, or you don't give a damn.

Well they chose a weekly day for this... That weekly day happens to be Sunday.
    Oh yeah. Ouch.

Thankfully the "cup" starts at 2PM EST. Unfortunately it's first date is November 23rd, the first day of our beta war. So to avoid possible time conflict and to measure how long these things will take, we're cutting the first battle night in half and making it later, and one map. This also gives us ample time to ease ourselves into the groove of things. Like a perfectly made appetizer to prepare you for the meal that awaits. We can iron out wrinkles and get a feel for running Battle Nights when the stakes aren't so high. If the ESL/HCL "cup" goes past 6PM EST... Well... You can guess, but we'll cross that bridge later if we have to.

So when deciding what map to play next Sunday, Mythonian and I decided to flip a coin. Heads, Lockdown. Tails, Stonetown (Zanzibar). The results can be seen below:

...Yeah we didn't know what that meant either. So we flipped again, this time with 'MURICA MONEY:

EDIT: TO CLARIFY. The time change is just us only playing the 2nd map of a normal battle night to ease into things. We are in no way changing the map count or time of normal battle nights, and the following Sunday battles will be their same normal time assuming things don't interfere.

We'll be playing Lockdown. Keep in touch with your army leadership to prepare, and lets do this war right. We'll be making gametypes that are fairly vanilla, with BR starts and the standard 15 minute time limit. We'll be testing these gametypes, so don't expect gametype choice regardless of army. For future maps, Mythonian and I will be picking maps out of a hat each picking one map per week with our army.

Shiny Poll You Got Der...

If you look above, you can see a poll we'd love you to vote in to help decide where we take the WARMAP for the first war. Though it's a bit away, we want to get opinion early to plan. Currently our options for making the WARMAP and the maps that go on it are:

-Include every map on the WARMAP on all 5 games (WARMAP stays about the same size)
    -Remove some unpopular maps from the WARMAP and replace them with H2A forged maps (WARMAP stays same size)
    -Include every map on the WARMAP on all 5 games THEN add H2A forged maps on top of that. (Bit larger WARMAP, not as large as you'd think)

That being said, we love using community made forge maps. If we decide to use forged maps this first war, feel free to build and submit maps to us. Though we love taking FC made maps, we do only put the best maps on the WARMAP we can, so make sure it's polished!

Our Name Is...

To keep it short, Forerunner Conflict: Legends has won the vote for our new name. Expect website graphic swag to go along with it. This will be our subtitle for the remainder of the MCC wars.

As always, any issues or questions, contact myself, Mythonian, or the War Council member of your choice.
    Last edited by Anarchy; 11-22-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Livestreams
    View Channel: gamexsolid

Re: FC update 9.15

1ST! Dig it fellas.
    BLACKGUARD

We will never quit. We will never stop. We will never give up!
    My Game is Well... Solid.
    Train as you would fight. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership. I will provide that leadership.

......8PM EST? Really
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Blog Posts

Holy balls! I'll actually be able to attend!

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by BarrySoap View Post
    ......8PM EST? Really
    The only thing that can kill FC is if 343i takes our time slot...

Where's the voting option for just "remove unpopular maps to make the warmap smaller"? lol
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

8PM EST...really? Why change the usual time for Battle Nights for an ESL cup? This reschedule most probably only suits a minority of hyper-competitive members of FC anyway?
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

Quote Originally Posted by Lithswitch View Post
    8PM EST...really? Why change the usual time for Battle Nights for an ESL cup? This reschedule most probably only suits a minority of hyper-competitive members of FC anyway?
    That minority is much larger than, well, you, Barry, and a few others. Either way, all this does for one day is cut the battle night in half for manageability so we can guage where we're at. The battle night will end at the same time.

As I said, I doubt there will be a time conflict, but we're being safe. The first battle night is being simple cut in half to make sure we don't have any time conflicts that can screw us over, and ruin a first battle night and many recruits' experience in FC. We've had first battle nights fail in the past and it has scared away recruits and limited our growth before.

All other battle nights in the beta war are scheduled for the normal 6PM EST time.
    Last edited by Anarchy; 11-16-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    That minority is much larger than, well, you, Barry, and a few others. Either way, all this does for one day is cut the battle night in half for manageability so we can guage where we're at. The battle night will end at the same time.

As I said, I doubt there will be a time conflict, but we're being safe. The first battle night is being simple cut in half to make sure we don't have any time conflicts that can screw us over, and ruin a first battle night and many recruits' experience in FC. We've had first battle nights fail in the past and it has scared away recruits and limited our growth before.

All other battle nights in the beta war are scheduled for the normal 6PM EST time.
    For the record, I was actually on about the hyper-competitive minority, not the British member minority that you seemed to have pointed out. Anyway now that you explained why the change occurred, it makes sense.
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lithswitch View Post
    For the record, I was actually on about the hyper-competitive minority, not the British member minority that you seemed to have pointed out. Anyway now that you explained why the change occurred, it makes sense.
    He was pointing out that the minority you are talking about is larger then what you may believe and is using another minority in order to show a comparison. As for the highly competitive group, it has gotten larger over the break as people get ready for the war.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Thread Information