View Poll Results: What should be on the WARMAP?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Include every map on the WARMAP on all 5 games (No forge maps 1st war)

15 31.25%
  • Remove some unpopular maps from the WARMAP and replace them with H2A forged maps

20 41.67%
  • Include every map on the WARMAP on all 5 games and add H2A forged maps on top of that

13 27.08%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FC update 9.15

Blog Posts

Re: FC update 9.15

We should probably rethink this decision tbh.
    So was this decision not talked about in the War Council?
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    So was this decision not talked about in the War Council?
    It was mostly decided on by both FMs. Anarchy seemed very adamant about canceling the battles all together but myth wanted to proceed as normal. I am sure they just came to a compromise by meeting half way.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

This is some closed door shit. I'm sorry, but if this "decision" wasn't with the consent of the entire war council, there is a problem. Also the majority of people want regular times, for the love of God the ESL starts at 2pm EST. Really? Let's push it back yeah that makes sense because screw our UK members. Forgot competition was above our sense of community.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    This is some closed door shit. I'm sorry, but if this "decision" wasn't with the consent of the entire war council, there is a problem. Also the majority of people want regular times, for the love of God the ESL starts at 2pm EST. Really? Let's push it back yeah that makes sense because screw our UK members. Forgot competition was above our sense of community.
    lol love when you rage

Also Raptor, how the hell does your voice not mean nothing as General(second in command) of the REDD army? is it because of anarchy or soldiers of red are disregarding you?

Guzzie you are a bad kid

Also War council has always decided what maps should be on the warmap, so I know they know whats best.

The ESL cup should have no effect on the battlenight anyway
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Think of it this way:

The "change", which isn't a change at all, does NOT change our battle night structure, times, or anything. None.

Generally Battle Nights run from around 6p-10p. Split that in half, and you've got the times each map run at. We're doing the latter one. Zero actual change in the Battle Night structure, we're simply easing ourselves into things after the colossal failure that is known as MCC's launch. It does not change the bounds of which battle nights run through, nor does it change what we do or who we are. It is not a change. Let me repeat this: It is not a change. If it interferes with anyone's plans, schedule, etc, then the normal full battle night would have as well.

Please remember that this is a beta war. A war for preparing and testing things for the actual wars. No, we aren't "testing" a new time or a change. But half of that preparation comes from you guys, the other largest half goes on Myth and I's shoulders. As you can see, getting people into games in MCC is a struggle. A huge one. In the event that Wednesday's "fix" is lackluster or doesn't solve the issue outright, Myth and I will be spending 2 hours dealing with the system to get you guys into games as is. In the past, for example Halo 4's beta war start, we had unexpected turnouts, unexpected issues, and overall a very POOR battle night experience. It was a beta war after all, but over that time we saw problems, and lost a LOT, a LOT of members because we were unprepared and went gung-ho into doing our thing without respect to the changes of the new game and what was going on around us. By the time the first war had hit, our numbers had cut in half and we provided a very lackluster battle night system that carried over to, well, the end of Halo 4. We're doing one map to prevent this first event from having issues that can't be solved on the spot. From giving you guys a poor experience. From scaring away newer members. Something we know we can better manage before going straight into the big thing. And with that, giving squad leaders a small taste of setting up their own games before they're thrown into it as well.

When it comes to whether we start at 6PM and end early, or start late and end at the same time, working around an event that 343 is sanctioning is a no-brainer. Seriously, look at you guys, you're like piranhas. This is a goddamn online community. We're situating a time, that is WITHIN our normal timeslot, but positioning it so we minimize the chances of overlap with another event, and so many of you are hostile over people like that even existing in the community. Chances are it won't last until 6PM EST. But if it does, would you really be "OK" with our battle nights just going to hell to put a middle finger to people who want to be a part of such an event?

You guys are all going chicken little, the sky is falling, cutthroat piranha at the two of us who are sinking a LOT of time into improving this place and preparing the right way rather than just jumping into things. This changes nothing. There is plenty other to do beyond the 1~ hour you wont be fighting a battle night. But for our sake, we cannot go into this unprepared and ignoring what's going on around us. We cannot. We aren't going to be the leaders that release a broken system because you want your game a week early.

Be calm. Be collective. Jesus.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

so the sky isn't falling?

oh thank god

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Think of it this way:

The "change", which isn't a change at all, does NOT change our battle night structure, times, or anything. None.

Generally Battle Nights run from around 6p-10p. Split that in half, and you've got the times each map run at. We're doing the latter one. Zero actual change in the Battle Night structure, we're simply easing ourselves into things after the colossal failure that is known as MCC's launch. It does not change the bounds of which battle nights run through, nor does it change what we do or who we are. It is not a change. Let me repeat this: It is not a change. If it interferes with anyone's plans, schedule, etc, then the normal full battle night would have as well.

Please remember that this is a beta war. A war for preparing and testing things for the actual wars. No, we aren't "testing" a new time or a change. But half of that preparation comes from you guys, the other largest half goes on Myth and I's shoulders. As you can see, getting people into games in MCC is a struggle. A huge one. In the event that Wednesday's "fix" is lackluster or doesn't solve the issue outright, Myth and I will be spending 2 hours dealing with the system to get you guys into games as is. In the past, for example Halo 4's beta war start, we had unexpected turnouts, unexpected issues, and overall a very POOR battle night experience. It was a beta war after all, but over that time we saw problems, and lost a LOT, a LOT of members because we were unprepared and went gung-ho into doing our thing without respect to the changes of the new game and what was going on around us. By the time the first war had hit, our numbers had cut in half and we provided a very lackluster battle night system that carried over to, well, the end of Halo 4. We're doing one map to prevent this first event from having issues that can't be solved on the spot. From giving you guys a poor experience. From scaring away newer members. Something we know we can better manage before going straight into the big thing. And with that, giving squad leaders a small taste of setting up their own games before they're thrown into it as well.

When it comes to whether we start at 6PM and end early, or start late and end at the same time, working around an event that 343 is sanctioning is a no-brainer. Seriously, look at you guys, you're like piranhas. This is a goddamn online community. We're situating a time, that is WITHIN our normal timeslot, but positioning it so we minimize the chances of overlap with another event, and so many of you are hostile over people like that even existing in the community. Chances are it won't last until 6PM EST. But if it does, would you really be "OK" with our battle nights just going to hell to put a middle finger to people who want to be a part of such an event?

You guys are all going chicken little, the sky is falling, cutthroat piranha at the two of us who are sinking a LOT of time into improving this place and preparing the right way rather than just jumping into things. This changes nothing. There is plenty other to do beyond the 1~ hour you wont be fighting a battle night. But for our sake, we cannot go into this unprepared and ignoring what's going on around us. We cannot. We aren't going to be the leaders that release a broken system because you want your game a week early.

Be calm. Be collective. Jesus.
    I might not be seeing it but I can't find a reason why we aren't hosting it at the regular time.
    Last edited by Zeta Crossfire; 11-16-2014 at 08:09 PM.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Would enjoy seeing larger maps as well.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    I advise others to not go as as well
    No.

I might disagree with changing the time, but I won't stand by and let us give our new members the collective impression that we are THAT disorganized.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

I'm sure Myth our lord and savior will get us out of this mess

All Hail Myth!

Thread Information