Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

CIA's Torture Report

So let's have some good ol' FC debate fun (maturely and with no flaming please). The U.S. Senate on Tuesday released a 500+ page classified document called now the "Torture Report". This document can be seen here (WARNING: THERE IS SOME GRAPHIC DETAILS IN THIS REPORT). http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2...orture-report/

If you want a basic short version, you can look at some of these passages from the document:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/09/po...30aVODtopPhoto

So yeah. Pretty wild stuff eh? Necessary or no?

I created Hill 30

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Re: CIA's Torture Report

I can honestly say I don't know how I feel about this.

One thing I am certain of is that I wish they hadn't released it. Let the CIA do their own thing. Now other countries (and terrorists) will only view us worse. And should anyone be taken hostage by terrorists they will surely do worse to Americans because of it.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    I can honestly say I don't know how I feel about this.

One thing I am certain of is that I wish they hadn't released it. Let the CIA do their own thing. Now other countries (and terrorists) will only view us worse. And should anyone be taken hostage by terrorists they will surely do worse to Americans because of it.
    I'm not sure how I feel about it either.
    Other countries will probably view us worse, but just like privacy invasion, every country is probably already doing it too.

Why do people release this shit?

a) Extreme threat to the security of the nation
    b) Creates an even bigger divide between citizen and government
    c) Terrorists are now going to torture American POWs even worse than they already do
    d) Makes a mockery out of the US to every other country
    e) Better hope to God the fucking UN doesn't step in...

Leave it be. What was buried should stay buried, this should have stayed classified.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here a little bit:

Releasing the report was stupid. Now people know what the US top secret agency is doing, and it doesn't make them any better off. On the other hand, I think torture is a necessary evil, if you want to call it that. If there is sufficient reason, than of course you need to go to drastic measures. If you know where a threat to national security is, you are going to tell us, but after other techniques are tried first.

I'm sorry, but the harsh truth is that morals don't get you many places. Just keep it to yourself next time though.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

I get why people are upset and I don't blame them at all for being upset.

But doing this did give us the opportunity to find the Most Wanted Man in the World and killed him.

I don't get why this stuff gets released to the public though. Are we intentionally trying to split this country apart and make it fall apart?

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Thread Information