Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Multi-Game Halo Draft Tournament

PRETEND THAT'S A 2014
    ~(c) Bl4yze~

You asked for it (sorta)! And now you'll get it (sorta)!

When I posted a survey about what events you guys wanted to see, one of the winners was a "3v3/4v4 Tournament across all 5 Halo games with even teams". So we're going to be having that event here and now for the good ol' fun of it.

How will we keep teams even, you might ask? Well, I'd say you're really thick if you haven't figured it out yet. That or you weren't here a year ago when Bl4yze hosted an FC Draft tournament. I talked with a large-ish amount of people on a good way to keep teams relatively evenly skilled, and we decided this would be the best way, along with the benefits of getting you all involved in an event with other people.

For those who don't know how this works, it's quite simple:
    -You sign up
    -Team "Captains" are chosen (this might be you!)
    -These captains take turns picking from the pool of signups for their team

Voila, unstacked teams for a tournament across all 5 Halos on MCC (CE, 2, 3, 4, 2A). This is a great way for you all to play with new people without the fear of getting matched up against one stacked team.

Tournament will be:
    • Double Elimination
    • Each "matchup" will be best 3 out of 5, with each of the 5 games in a matchup being on the 5 different halo games
    • Will take place over the course of one day
    • Either 12/27 Saturday or 12/28 Sunday depending on what you guys vote for
    • Will use FC gametypes, modified for time purposes
    • Will be 3v3 or 4v4 depending on what you guys vote for. 4v4s are obviously the standard, but 3v3s will be easier to setup with connections and allow for more teams.
    • Prizes TBD

Feel free to signup by filling out the following below, and make sure you have the time that weekend to attend the event and not leave your team out to dry! Be willing to play with anyone, and be ready to do your best regardless of skill. This is an event designed for everyone to enjoy regardless of skill, so do not hesitate to signup.

Form:
    Name:
    Willing to be a captain:
    Which of the two dates CAN you attend a day's tournament for (Saturday 12/27 & Sunday 12/28):
    Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?:
    4v4 for full teams, or 3v3 for better connections and more teams:
    Suggestions:

Signups:
    Anarchy
    James
    Myth
    Barry
    Yehsus
    Punctual Puppet
    KingShadows
    Jewmanji
    Bushytails
    SpartanBH
    Htown Balla
    Dark Remalf
    Purplegamer
    Dalton HD
    Ronin Yukimura
    Big Shot
    Bl4yze
    InfernoBlainz

Captains:
    Carpe
    JamieDJ
    JuicyParrot
    Crazykiller
    Houdini
    Firedewd
    Last edited by Anarchy; 12-27-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Push! We have nothing left to lose!
    Muffin Clan

Stuck at an outpost, trying to get host, all of my ammo spent killing you~

Re: Multi-Game Halo Draft Tournament

Name: WolfPack523
    Willing to be a captain: Sure
    Which of the two dates CAN you attend a day's tournament for (Saturday 12/27 & Sunday 12/28): Sunday is a maybe, since thats the day I come back from Penn.
    Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?: Late.
    4v4 for full teams, or 3v3 for better connections and more teams: 3v3 unless there is an even number of people.
    Suggestions: MT. Never fails.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Name: Mythonian
    Willing to be a captain: nty
    Which of the two dates CAN you attend a day's tournament for (Saturday 12/27 & Sunday 12/28): Both
    Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?: Whenever
    4v4 for full teams, or 3v3 for better connections and more teams: 4v4, but allow for 3v3 in case of connection issues?
    Suggestions: How are maps/gametypes determined? Loser chooses after predetermined first game or something else? Also, I assume tied games are just replayed, perhaps on a different gametype to avoid multiple ties?

Great Justice shall be had.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Name: WTFRaptor
    Willing to be a captain: No
    Which of the two dates CAN you attend a day's tournament for (Saturday 12/27 & Sunday 12/28): Saturday but maybe not Sunday.
    Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?: anywhere around the evening.
    4v4 for full teams, or 3v3 for better connections and more teams: 4v4
    Suggestions: Make sure the maps are as balance even though forging isn't allowed on Halo: CE. Gametypes are well in order with the map and make sure that all captains will be able to coordinate.

Name: lol it's James
    Willing to be a captain: nah
    Which of the two dates CAN you attend a day's tournament for (Saturday 12/27 & Sunday 12/28): gotta see my work schedule
    Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?: late
    Suggestions: yo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    All thugz of tha Forerunner Conflict hood is sposed ta fuckin know n' KNOW every last muthafuckin thang contained within these Accords. Ignorizzle is never a acceptable excuse.

WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE?
    DON'T YOU KNOW I'M A PENGUIN TOO?

[6:22 PM] JEWmanji33: "wrap your tool"

Name: Barry Soap
    Willing to be a captain: No
    Which of the two dates CAN you attend a day's tournament for (Saturday 12/27 & Sunday 12/28): Both
    Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?: 6/7 PM EST
    4v4 for full teams, or 3v3 for better connections and more teams: 3v3
    Suggestions: -
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Name: Carpe Vexillum
    Willing to be a captain: Yes
    Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?: Any
    4v4 for full teams, or 3v3 for better connections and more teams: 3v3 if there are limited sign ups, 4v4 if there are more.
    Suggestions:^See Above.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Name: Zeta Crossfire

Willing to be a captain: no

Which of the two dates CAN you attend a day's tournament for (Saturday 12/27 & Sunday 12/28): I should be able to attend both but Sunday is deffinetly better.

Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?: mid day is always nice

Suggestions: nope

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Name: JamieDJ8887
    Willing to be a captain: Yes Please
    Which of the two dates CAN you attend a day's tournament for (Saturday 12/27 & Sunday 12/28): BOTH!
    Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?: N/A
    4v4 for full teams, or 3v3 for better connections and more teams: 4v4 if possible
    Suggestions: Lets fuk shit up
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Name: Yehsus
    Willing to be a captain: bleh
    Which of the two dates CAN you attend a day's tournament for (Saturday 12/27 & Sunday 12/28): meh
    Any special times you'd like for each date, based on your availability?: meh
    4v4 for full teams, or 3v3 for better connections and more teams: meh
    Suggestions: eh

et ducit mundum per luce

Thread Information