Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Expediting Sundays

I've heard from a few people that wars still take a vast amount of time. I have no current experience with this myself, but I thought I would start up a discussion for this as well as throw a few ideas for you all to chew on:

1.) Have you considered making wars for Saturday and Sunday? REDD's defense one night, the next night it 's offense? It would make things more manageable in terms of time, as well as give members more flexibility to attend the bread and butter event of FC. Only downsides are:
    -1 less day to practice a map.
    -1 may make battle plans a bit tougher for higher ups.

2.) I know this idea will get flak , but it's the best idea in my mind: make wars every other week. This gives each side more time to practice a map as well as open up a Sunday for other events like LARPS, Tournaments, Gamenights, ect. I remember balancing school and trying to have multiple squads learn a map 'a chemistry. An additional week would make war night's long time less of an issue , as well as give squads more time to practice maps and really have a good contest. It would make wars last longer, but would that be a bad thing?

3.) Provide incentives to Squads to be there early: perhaps 100 Vcash a week for being there 30 minutes early and ready to start at a moment's notice. Or even further make it a benefit of 100vCash a week if squads remain quiet and let only leaders speak when in war lobby.

I understand that FC needs to be flexible with their wars , and that there will always be hiccups with plans with everyone having a busy schedule . I'm simply trying to get this ball rolling to help avoid these issues more effectively and let everyone get on with the fun more often.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Re: Expediting Sundays

We're currently more concerned with getting the Master Chief Collection to work before we even consider adding an extra day of battles.

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

I understand Max, but that's something more out of your hands. Instead of worrying about the car we cannot control barreling towards us, why not worry about swerving our car out of the way to avoid that collision, or at least minimize damaged.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

1) Doesnt make things faster, just spreads it out. Has been done in the past similar to this, but really the question is why would we do this? Just creates more work for leaders, requiring us to plan and run a battle night twice a week.

2) If the game works, we have enough demand to do a battle night every week. Once again, doesn't make things faster.

3) There's always incentive: Playing with your friends and having fun.

I love you salv, but what is this? None of these ideas accomplish anything, they're just changes for the sake of change. You refuse to be a part of this community and contribute unless it involves some idea you've got.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

2.) it cuts down on the frequency of days spent waiting in lobbies to get into a game. It doesn't remove the problem , simply waters the problem down.

Also I'm simply listening to and remembering problems faced by FC. I occasionally come up with ideas, and instead of keeping them to myself I throw them out there for you to do with what you will. Think of it as trying to be helpful when I wanna be. Usually this has nothing to do with me being part of this community. I haven't counted myself as a member of FC for perhaps close to 2 years now, it's just to show an effort to be friendly.

I do it purely to attempt to help , key word. "Attempt ". However keep in mind this is a suggestion thread :P
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    I've heard from a few people that wars still take a vast amount of time. I have no current experience with this myself, but I thought I would start up a discussion for this as well as throw a few ideas for you all to chew on:

1.) Have you considered making wars for Saturday and Sunday? REDD's defense one night, the next night it 's offense? It would make things more manageable in terms of time, as well as give members more flexibility to attend the bread and butter event of FC. Only downsides are:
    -1 less day to practice a map.
    -1 may make battle plans a bit tougher for higher ups.

2.) I know this idea will get flak , but it's the best idea in my mind: make wars every other week. This gives each side more time to practice a map as well as open up a Sunday for other events like LARPS, Tournaments, Gamenights, ect. I remember balancing school and trying to have multiple squads learn a map 'a chemistry. An additional week would make war night's long time less of an issue , as well as give squads more time to practice maps and really have a good contest. It would make wars last longer, but would that be a bad thing?

3.) Provide incentives to Squads to be there early: perhaps 100 Vcash a week for being there 30 minutes early and ready to start at a moment's notice. Or even further make it a benefit of 100vCash a week if squads remain quiet and let only leaders speak when in war lobby.

I understand that FC needs to be flexible with their wars , and that there will always be hiccups with plans with everyone having a busy schedule . I'm simply trying to get this ball rolling to help avoid these issues more effectively and let everyone get on with the fun more often.
    Hows that project ascention working out for you

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Battles are slow because of MCC's connection issues. No policy change will fix that.

Don't run before you can walk.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

LOL, it's currently down. Lack of people who could help maintain it as it grew , thus got super stressed and put it on hiatus for a while till classes were not a problem. Currently saving up to restart it with some added features such as an advanced bot moderator system.

Thanks for asking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Battles are slow because of MCC's connection issues. No policy change will fix that.

Don't run before you can walk.
    Think of it this way. If you improve the quality of wars by making them more competitive due to more opportunity to practice , while decreasing frustrations from connection issues, that's an improvement in the overall enjoyment provided by FC.
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Making wars more competitive isn't improving the quality, nor is spreading out bad bad battle nights due to game issues.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Thread Information