Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Community and Webmasters

So, over the last two years of not playing on XBL (or the X360/X1 in general), I have noticed a very serious problem.

I am way too detached from the community. Over the last 3 or 4 months I have begged myself a question. How can I be a proper Web Master if I'm not involved in the community I'm hosting? That's just wrong.

So, I gave my self 3 options.

a) Continue this trend and potentially watch this website burn because of my lack of involvement.
    b) Hand over the website to someone who is involved and would be better suited (Myth in this case)
    c) I get a bloody Xbox One and MCC and go play some damned Halo with my community.

Well today I came to a decision.

Can you tell what I decided on yet?

Still can't?

Let me help you. I went with option c. I drove face first into Amazon and got myself a X1 with MCC. I'm gonna get online and play the bugfest that is MCC with you fine folks. It's high time I act like a proper Web Master and get involved.

So, what does this mean for everyone else?

Well, first off you get to shoot me on a regular basis again. Have fun. Second off, since I will become better involved with the community, I will be able to properly fine tune the website to maximum efficiency. This will result in a better website experience for everyone.

That fine tuning also start today.

I'll post a more proper update in the later days, but I am going to be reevaluating the Global Moderator and Army Global Moderator positions and use. I will be removing some people and adding some new people. If you interested in being a possible GM or AGM, keep an eye out.

Until then,
    See ya on the battlefield.

-Metkil5685
    Website Administrator and proud BLUE solider.

After Edit: Leave it to Myth to find every possible typo I have within minutes. Someone give him a cookie or something.
    Last edited by Metkil5685; 12-29-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Re: Community and Webmasters

Looking forward to going pew pew with you once again.

o7
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Not to be that guy, but if you got it from GameStop or Best buy you woulda got a $50 gift card for free.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Not to be that guy, but if you got it from GameStop or Best buy you woulda got a $50 gift card for free.
    I get $50 promo credit with Amazon. Guess what's paying for my XBL.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Yay metkil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    All thugz of tha Forerunner Conflict hood is sposed ta fuckin know n' KNOW every last muthafuckin thang contained within these Accords. Ignorizzle is never a acceptable excuse.

WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE?
    DON'T YOU KNOW I'M A PENGUIN TOO?

[6:22 PM] JEWmanji33: "wrap your tool"

Blog Posts

Yaaaay.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Yayyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Not to be a picky asshole

Blog Posts

I give it two weeks

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Maxdoggy approves of this post. Looking forward to slaying you in 1080p/60fps.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post
    So, over the last two years of not playing on XBL (or the X360/X1 in general), I have noticed a very serious problem.

I am way too detached from the community. Over the last 3 or 4 months I have begged myself a question. How can I be a proper Web Master if I'm not involved in the community I'm hosting? That's just wrong.

So, I gave my self 3 options.

a) Continue this trend and potentially watch this website burn because of my lack of involvement.
    b) Hand over the website to someone who is involved and would be better suited (Myth in this case)
    c) I get a bloody Xbox One and MCC and go play some damned Halo with my community.

Well today I came to a decision.

Can you tell what I decided on yet?

Still can't?

Let me help you. I went with option c. I drove face first into Amazon and got myself a X1 with MCC. I'm gonna get online and play the bugfest that is MCC with you fine folks. It's high time I act like a proper Web Master and get involved.

So, what does this mean for everyone else?

Well, first off you get to shoot me on a regular basis again. Have fun. Second off, since I will become better involved with the community, I will be able to properly fine tune the website to maximum efficiency. This will result in a better website experience for everyone.

That fine tuning also start today.

I'll post a more proper update in the later days, but I am going to be reevaluating the Global Moderator and Army Global Moderator positions and use. I will be removing some people and adding some new people. If you interested in being a possible GM or AGM, keep an eye out.

Until then,
    See ya on the battlefield.

-Metkil5685
    Website Administrator and proud BLUE solider.

After Edit: Leave it to Myth to find every possible typo I have within minutes. Someone give him a cookie or something.
    *Metty,

No longer a GM since my transfer to REDD, but would love to do it again. Let me know!
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Thread Information