WQU: Spam bots (1/11/15)

**From now on, when I have a very quick a brief thing to address to the community, I will be dubbing them Website Quick Updates or WQUs. Most of these will related to small issues with the website that affect some users.**

As some of you have noticed and pointed out to me, there has been a serious influx of spam bot accounts being created recently. At this time, they are not posting 'a lot' of spam (there have been a couple of cases), but just creating a lot of accounts. While this does not affect the website in any real way, it leads to me believing there is something wrong with the anti-spam software that the website implements. I feel that if this part of the software is not working, it's only a matter of time until the spam bots are able to actually post.

Over the next few days I will be working within our anti-spam software and attempting to resolve this issue before it gets any worse. There may be a few brief moments when the website will inaccessible to everyone but administrators, however I will attempt to keep this to a minimum.

If you see a spam post being published anywhere (forums, blogs, front page, etc.), please use the report post button at the bottom of each post (looks like a triangle danger sign). A moderator or administrator will deal with it in glorious fashion (aka deleting the post and smashing the banhammer).

If you see any other problems come up, please use the Administrative Assistance forum.

Metkil5685
    Website Administrator

**Edit: I forgot to mention, I am still working on the new moderator system, but this has put a small delay on it. You should see more news about the moderator system in the coming week.

**Edit 2: I have located the issue with the software and I am currently in the process of fixing it. This may actually go faster then I thought (for once).
    Last edited by Metkil5685; 01-11-2015 at 01:01 PM.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Re: WQU: Spam bots (1/11/15)

#BlameMetkil2015

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Metkil, don't ever promise something happening faster than you think - you basically jinx yourself by doing it. :P

I, for one, welcome our new spam overlords.

Also, I'm jumping on this ship! #BlameMetkil2015
    Last edited by Acid; 01-11-2015 at 11:46 PM.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post
    Edit 2: I have located the issue with the software and I am currently in the process of fixing it. This may actually go faster then I thought (for once).
    LOL something going faster then you thought it would when it comes to software issues. Good one

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Should trace the spambots back to the creators and send a strongly worded letter on how much of a cotton headed ninny muggin they are.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    Should trace the spambots back to the creators and send a strongly worded letter on how much of a cotton headed ninny muggin they are.
    Best anti-virus prevention method I've ever seen.

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    I imagine it'd look something like this

( Spoiler because it's kinda big, too much work for me to fix that now :P )
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    I need you guys to never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    You are significantly more likable than me

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&use  rid=3628&dateline=1407905  356

H4 Recv5 CO Recognition-DSR

[URL=http://minus.com/i/WhKTFFwt5awt]
    *Instert legally binding skype chat about Donkey buying me an X1*

I'm going to be honest here, but to this day I still have no clue as to what Metkil's avatar is.

Thread Information