Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Destiny Weapon Update Inbound

On top of last week's Bungie Weekly Update where they discussed their solution to the Heavy Ammo Glitch (coming by the end of February), Bungie's most recent update has announced a major laundry-list of weapon tunings to Destiny. From Pulse Rifle buffs to range drop-offs for Fusion Rifles and Shotguns, only a few weapon types escaped adjustment.

Click the link below for the update, and then the link at the bottom for the Weapon Tuning Update.

Bungie Weekly Update
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12558

Bungie Weekly Update Graphical Oops!!
    http://puu.sh/fwbIJ/91106c4769.jpg

Weapon Tuning Update:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12557
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Re: Destiny Weapon Update Inbound

the statistics look pretty spot on from what i've seen. crucible is dominated by assault rifles (which, by all accounts, IT SHOULD BE. ar's should always be standard weaponry.) but the pulse rifle and scout rifles don't really fill their roles properly in the mid-long and long range departments. hand cannons fulfill a medium-long range role right now, beating out using a pulse rifle most times, and better than scout rifles due to the closer range nature of most maps. (as a dedicated hand cannon user [who still wants fatebringer, because come on.] it's absolutely the best weapon in pve and a solid second in pvp once you get rid of OP things like the suros and mythoclast.)

my rating on weapons out of ten from when i last played (keep in mind this was pre-crota expansion.)

PVE:
    Handcannons: 8.0 - solid for taking out most enemies. headshots are one hit kills in most cases, and an elemental modifier can rip shields apart. The last word is great and all, but i've always had a soft spot for the thorn. has utility in fighting cabal as well, going through the phalanx shields. you'll want to switch out for bosses, but it's easily the best weapon if you can pull off consistent head shots.

assault rifles: 7.5 - The boss killers. They're very close to handcannons in terms of headshots, but i find they're slightly less consistent in damage output. minus high impact high stability guns like the suros. Bosses usually require taking cover a lot, so they're excellent for doing a lot of damage when you can't line up a good shot.

scout rifles: 7.4 - Higher ammo handcannons, great for headshot cleanups, but i rate them lower because they deal less damage and i haven't found one with good utility yet. (other than vision of confluence, which is phenomenal for solar damage enemies.) they are bad against bosses unless you can consistently hit the weak point (but if you can do that, a sniper is better in nearly every way.) they definitely are in a good spot and are well balanced.

pulse rifles: 4.0 - Similar to scout rifles, except it chews through ammo. the high recoil on most means that you end up missing shots, or purposely not getting crits with most of them to make sure every bullet connects, and crits will usually kill the normal mob before all three bullets hit, leaving wasted ammo. i've had to use many a normal synthesis pack with these. bad juju is pretty decent at keeping up on ammo, but they still feel awkward.

PVP:

Assault rifles: 10.0 - this was a difficult rating to give, but all around assault rifles are damn near perfect in pvp. Solid sustain, good supression, it fulfills it's role at short to mid range perfectly... plus there's incredibly op versions such as the good ol' suros that go longer range as well.

hand cannons: 8.0 - once again, i love the thorn. two headshots or three body and they're dead with the poison damage 9 times out of ten, which i haven't seen with any other weapon. and that was pre-buff. I'll admit, handcannons as a whole pale in comparison to assault rifles in pvp, with most needing three headshots. the kill times are pretty even, but the potential to mess up is a lot higher, and there's really not much chance for recovery.

scout rifles: 6.0 - Bad, but usable. longer range handcannons that can work on some bigger maps, but are pretty awkward on the close quarters maps. everywhere that they can be used effectively a sniper is better.

pulse rifle: 1.0 - Terrible. garbage. You can't be missing shots in pvp, and you have to get those headshots. Only really high stability guns have a chance at succeeding.

note: these rating mostly don't account for special and heavy weapons, minus the scout rifle rating. otherwise i'd take 4 points off everything in pvp and add shotguns, fusion rifles, snipers, and rockets at the top.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

People hate pulse rifles.
    Nerf everything else to force people to use shity pulse rifles.
    The fuck you looking at, asshat?

x: 176.06 y: 124.57 z: 27.97

Raz: Dinner= MY HERO
    Loco: dinner is the win
    Donkey: I should take Dinner out to dinner.

Rosario Vampire Topic= The Record of FC forever. 128 Pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi Boys Dinner View Post
    People hate pulse rifles.
    Nerf everything else to force people to use shity pulse rifles.
    Yeah I hate that in order for the Pulse Rifle to be competitive they adjusted five out of the nine weapon types to do it. Smh.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

7% > 15% I don't see a problem here.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

I'm gonna call that because they're nerfing Auto Rifles (again), that Ole Tentacle Face will sell Suros just to be an asshole.
    The fuck you looking at, asshat?

x: 176.06 y: 124.57 z: 27.97

Raz: Dinner= MY HERO
    Loco: dinner is the win
    Donkey: I should take Dinner out to dinner.

Rosario Vampire Topic= The Record of FC forever. 128 Pages.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    (as a dedicated hand cannon user [who still wants fatebringer, because come on.] it's absolutely the best weapon in pve and a solid second in pvp once you get rid of OP things like the suros and mythoclast.)

hand cannons: 8.0 - once again, i love the thorn. two headshots or three body and they're dead with the poison damage 9 times out of ten, which i haven't seen with any other weapon. and that was pre-buff. I'll admit, handcannons as a whole pale in comparison to assault rifles in pvp, with most needing three headshots. the kill times are pretty even, but the potential to mess up is a lot higher, and there's really not much chance for recovery.
    I disagree. Handcannons have overtaken Autorifles as the top gun in PvP. I used to only use Suros, but now I find that it is much, much worse than the Last Word and Thorn.

During the entirety of the last Iron Banner I used the Last Word. Awesome handcannon, but completely overpowered. Also used the Thorn a bit and found it ridiculously overpowered, particularly against people a few levels under me (iirc, you could one-shot people 4 levels under you and the bleed damage killed them, and people 1+ levels under you would be two-shot). I personally don't like relying on the bleed damage, though, so I preferred the Last Word.

The kill time for the Last Word, if you hit the shots, is insane. It has faster kill times than most LMGs (srsly, not a hyperbole). In order for someone else to win in a fair fight, I would need to consecutively miss shots (which happens a lot until you get very accustomed to the weapon, but after that it was a rarity).

I tried going back to the Suros but realized it sucks in comparison, as does the Mythoclast. Not even close to the kill times for the handcannons, and using them I traded or got killed twice as much, if not even more. I went back to Last Word quickly and have stayed with that since.

I love the gun, but Last Word and Thorn are overpowered right now, and I'm surprised they're only nerfing range and not damage. High skill = high reward with handcannons, and once you're comfortable with making mid-range shots with it (the crosshair is hard to see often so it takes awhile) it gets pretty unfair.

Also, from what I've heard online, the Hawkmoon (the handcannon exclusive to Playstation) is even more OP than Last Word and Thorn, and wrecks over on PSN almost as badly as the Mythoclast used to awhile back.

TL;DR: Handcannons are best gun. Suros can't take the pressure.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    remember, as i said, my info is based off of when i last played, which is pre crota expansion. i don't know how the game has changed in the past 3 or 4 months.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    remember, as i said, my info is based off of when i last played, which is pre crota expansion. i don't know how the game has changed in the past 3 or 4 months.
    Ah, I see. You missed the the weapon adjustments from the start of December then: https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Upd...News?aid=12433

Since then, Suros Regime has actually been matched/beaten by several vendor legendaries (Up for Anything, For The People, Vanquisher VIII, Shadow Price, etc.). Mythoclast is about on-par with them as well, but has a slight advantage in close range, but disadvantage at mid-range (due to bullet travel time).

Last Word and Thorn are, in my opinion at least, the kings of PvP right now. (unless you play like Ghosthammer with Ruin Wings and just use Thunderlord for 70% of the match)

But, to be totally honest, all of this is nothing in comparison to Bubble Village: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP2wQ0floDQ (this is truly the most unfair thing in Crucible, but also the most amazing)
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Blog Posts

But, to be totally honest, all of this is nothing in comparison to Bubble Village: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP2wQ0floDQ (this is truly the most unfair thing in Crucible, but also the most amazing)
    #TitanMasterClass

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Thread Information