FC RP Short: Containment files 001

//:Incoming Message. User <Redacted>:

Hey, sorry for the wait. I know i said i'd get these files to you by Tuesday, but, well, i guess i never said which Tuesday now did I? Anyways, There were a lot of problems getting these. A lot of black ink all over the place, and, well, do you know how hard it is to get "eyes only" files? theoretically impossible. you're welcome. Most of the files were completely lost, The ones i did manage to dig up were only due to a combination of incompetence on the end of the receivers, and some incredible luck. It shows some interesting correlation between events that i didn't even realize, even with my... privileged information. It also gives me some pretty big concerns. Serious concerns. I don't know what you plan to do with these, but if it's not convincing the empire to abandon their fight with the brotherhood and re-purpose their armies, that should be your new goal in my opinion. anyways, here you are.

Imperial Space Command Containment file 001
    Encryption Code: Black
    Public Key: file/ Hunger Rising/
    To: <Redacted>
    Subject: Flood encountered on <Redacted>
    Classification: RESTRICTED, EYES ONLY

As per the Conwin protocol's put in place by the imperial office of naval intelligence, This report is being sent to confirm the presence of the anomaly known as THE FLOOD on <Redacted>. Upon entering the space surrounding the ring, we were contacted by a sentient AI known as <Redacted>. The presence seems to follow the patterns seen on other <Redacted> and <Redacted>. It immediately informed our forces in orbit of a FLOOD outbreak, which had begun infesting the local life forms. It brought our attention to a "containment zone" in which the <Redacted> were holding the FLOOD anomaly at bay. unfortunately, they were losing, slowly, due to the mutations the local life forms granted the FLOOD. As i write this report, a team is being dispatched to purge the area and conduct scientific experimentation upon any capturable flood specimens. Personally, i recommend a fleet is dispatched from Earth to firebomb the area, and hunter killer teams dispatched with plasma weaponry to seek and destroy any remaining flood biomass hidden underground.
    Imperial Space Command Containment file 003
    Subject: Flood.

As per the Conwin protocol's put in place by the imperial office of naval intelligence, This report is being sent to confirm the presence of the anomaly known as THE FLOOD on <Redacted>. Most of our forces jumped out of system to follow a lead on the presence of yet another <Redacted>. We sent down teams to secure the destroyed <Redacted>. We discovered an old science facility, abandoned, and set up a basecamp on a near by hillside. We recieved reports that the building had been secured, and was assumed to be investigating a nearby forerunner structure, so we sent down a team to investigate. Shortly thereafter, we lost contact with BOTH teams. We sent down an armed marine force to investigate, and they almost immediately reported flood assault. We heard screaming, and then the pelican bugged out and came back to orbit. We couldn't hail the pilot, and wether it was panic or worse, as per article 6 subsection 3 regarding the unknown status of ships in a flood enagement, we engaged our centurion missile systems and destroyed it. We're launching a campaign to eradicate flood infestation on <Redacted>. Please advise.
    Imperial Space Command Containment file 007
    Subject: Containment breach

We've lost the contaiment zone. Despite our best efforts, the FLOOD managed to break through our and the sentinals combined forces. I don't have time to run the blackouts through, I have to get back to command, but after the events detailed in my last report, and the rampancy of the monitor, the sentinals began to view US as enemies as well. Everything went to hell after that. The flood broke free, and the entire ring is at risk. After they broke past the wall, Centurion missile fire and firebombs were used to eradicate the entire zone. Staging areas are being set up outside the 'monitor's temple' and the 'containment zone' to fight the flood and forerunner forces. If we can capture the temple, we think that we can repurpose halo's defenses to focus entirely on the flood. Deep scans have confirmed that flood still exists underground. Our ships are positioning to destroy the ring as a last ditch effort. it will take weeks to clean up all the pieces. We'd of course prefer to secure the technology on the rings.
    Imperial Space Command Containment file 015
    Encryption Code: Yellow
    Public Key: file/ New Hope Dawning/
    To: Imperial High Command
    Subject: New Offensive
    Classification: RESTRICTED

Several fleets have encounter New Forerunner structures, of which the ENA believes we can learn a great deal from and upgrade our forces. However, we cannot give the Brotherhood, and any spies they may have within the ENA, a chance to discover these locations. Soon, we shall begin a new offensive against the rebels. We don't need to wipe them out during this campaign, mearly hit them hard enough to be a solid distraction from our operations. "shock and awe" as it were. We'll hit several of their planets all at once with large fleets. Hopefully we can eradicate their garrison defenses quickly, and drag fighting out long enough to secure the necessary artifacts. Your assignments have been detailed in the attachments below. You will only be allowed to see the assignment dealt to your fleet.

Assignement: Liberty
    Assi...
    Assi...
    Assi...
    Imperial Space Command Containment file 023
    Subject: Failure
    Classification: EYES ONLY

Imperial assault on the brotherhood was a catastrophic failure. We've lost on all fronts and the brotherhood is now marshaling for a counter attack. We will have to pull nearly all forces away from containment efforts to fight the brotherhood off. A small detachement will remain in orbit above each infested area to make sure the flood do not find a way off ring. the rest of the ships will have to be recalled. Both rings are to be assumed lost until we can dedicate our full resources to defeating the flood.

The brotherhood is to be considered a higher priority threat, as long as the flood do not acquire off-world transport. as per the conwin protocols, all ships shall undergo full scans and physical examination upon reaching empire space to ensure that no flood presence made it onto the ships somehow. Any that show even a single spore shall be eradicated completely. Follow any other applicable conwin protocols, and i'm sure we'll have no problems. I have faith in you to do things right.

//:end of logs "containment files"
    Last edited by silversleek; 07-23-2015 at 07:16 PM.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Thread Information