Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Happened

Double D Masters
    Scottish Warrior
    Blog Posts

What Happened

Hello everyone. Recently I have been in touch with some now-retired and active FC members, I was astonished to hear what I heard..

A few days ago I was pitched the idea of coming back to FC and buying an Xbox One. The thought of this has been put on the back burner due to the horrible actions and events that have happened since my departure at the end of 2013-2014.

EVERYTHING said about this community has been bad. I have not heard a single nice/positive thing about FC and it makes me sad. It seems that the community has been led astray from its original path of Fun and Respect. Friends that I still talk to today who I met in the community have left for reasons that people shouldn't be leaving for, people left in H4 for the game being terrible. Now people are leaving because of other members and childish antics.

Where has the Fun and Respect gone?

-Fernando

Re: What Happened

I would agree to a point with what you've said, but I'd also like to point out that you've more than likely only heard one side of the story. If you only ask people who have left the community, you are mostly just going to hear the reasons they left - the bad things. I'm also not entirely sure who the active members you've been talking to are, but I know a lot of people who would say the opposite of this. Sure, the community has a few issues at the moment, but it definitely hasn't 'lost' respect and fun like you think, and a lot of people are working pretty hard to continue improving it.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Double D Masters
    Scottish Warrior
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by L3g3ndarY NovA View Post
    but it definitely hasn't 'lost' respect and fun like you think, and a lot of people are working pretty hard to continue improving it.
    I disagree with this completely, especially when members are leaving because there is a lack of respect.

I agree with the whole OP.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

i will agree, i've only been active on the fringes of FC and i've seen at least one new recruit flat out leave, pissed and feeling disrespected for various reasons, even by the high command. I'm not super active on anything other than some skype groups and the forums, so i can't say for sure how the overall picture is, but the respect issue needs to be cracked down on a bit.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

#ThePurgeBegins #WhatWillYouDoTonight #NoLaws #OverusingHashtags #ForRealiShouldStop #ThisIsTheLastOne #Tacos

Community had drama llamas back then as well.....Trust me. I was in SecondNature, we were straight up drama llamas.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

People just are focused on just winning and get pissy when they lose. When I first joined, losing a game or so was never an issue because we had tons of fun. Now (before I stepped away again) it's like if my team loses, everyone is in a bad mood and there in nothing but complaining happening :/

I'm sure in other groups, this isn't an issue. But it really kills the enjoyment when everyone you have to play with are all angry at the game AND each other :/

- - - Updated - - -

People just are focused on just winning and get pissy when they lose. When I first joined, losing a game or so was never an issue because we had tons of fun. Now (before I stepped away again) it's like if my team loses, everyone is in a bad mood and there in nothing but complaining happening :/

I'm sure in other groups, this isn't an issue. But it really kills the enjoyment when everyone you have to play with are all angry at the game AND each other :/

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Can't agree more Fernando, I've been saying this for months now. Through many fiascos.

I applaud you, and stand united in your opinion because simply this is not the community you, Barry and I all joined March 2013. It's morphed to so,etching much different.
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Blog Posts

I don't know much about what has been going on other than what I've heard but it hasn't sounded as bad as you made it sound. Still as I always say, if you aren't happy about the state of the community then make do something about it to change it and make it better. People always have the power to change to state of FC. c:

(Although I wouldn't buy an Xbox One just for that xD)
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Double D Masters
    Scottish Warrior
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    I don't know much about what has been going on other than what I've heard but it hasn't sounded as bad as you made it sound. Still as I always say, if you aren't happy about the state of the community then make do something about it to change it and make it better. People always have the power to change to state of FC. c:

(Although I wouldn't buy an Xbox One just for that xD)

A post to highlight the issues helps

Thread Information