Threaded View

Re: FC: Desperate Alliance

Character Name: Jacob Avon

Character Race: Human

Character Homeworld: Mars

Character Personality: Doesn't show many emotions, but still cares for his friends when they need it. Can keep his cool under a lot of pressure. Doesn't like seeing arguments between the alliance members. Treats squad members like his own family. Has a hatred for Imperials, but can somewhat suppress it if needed.

Relevant Character Backstory: From a young age, Jacob was greatly oppressed by the Imperials. He stood out of the crowd as a very strange child to them. He was always... questioning things. Why do we have to do this? Why don't you like the outer colonies? Why am I not allowed to talk about that? Naturally, the Imperials stopped him talking rather quickly when, in 2563, on Jacob's 13th birthday, Imperial soldiers stormed his home, destroying decades of memories in the process. Jacob's mother was badly injured and his older brother killed in defending her. The conflict ended with the building going up in flames and Imperial soldiers beating Jacob down a nearby alleyway, shattering his right arm. He was told that if he ever was to speak against the colony again, the consequences would be much worse. The blaze was blamed on faulty equipment and Jacob and his mother's bruises on pieces of building falling on them in their escape.

2566, the year of his enlistment. He was still very young when he joined the brotherhood, being only 16 at the time. He was quickly put into the Spartan program due to his quick and tactical thinking, and his absolute hatred of the Imperial forces thanks to that horrible event three years ago. He was deployed in numerous battles in his first years, most of which involved liberating Imperial controlled colonies. Over time, he grew very emotionally attached to his entire squad, even to the point of having a crush on one, who felt the same way to him. His squad may as well have been his family, and Jacob treated them all as such.

The initial flood outbreak of 2568 destroyed him emotionally more than anyone would ever know. His squad was fighting on the ring at the time, attempting to take control of a heavy Imperial encampment. They had been moving wide around the camp to do a standard flanking manoeuvre when it happened. Hundreds upon hundreds of the forms rushed at them from every direction. He had come this close to being taken over, holding that damned infection form in his hands as if it were a vicious dog trying at his head. The squad was quickly overwhelmed and two turned almost as soon as the conflict started. Jacob, along with the other two survivors, attempted to get back to where the Brotherhood was meant to be, only to find it completely overrun by the parasite. They fought heavy opposition attempting to get to the hangar, another squad member falling on the way. The final two eventually made it to the hangar, which had already been completely abandoned, apart from a few pelican dropships. Since the experienced pilot of the squad now had a flood form in his chest somewhere on the ring, Jacob took to the cockpit and the other sat in the back tending to a heavy bullet wound on his left arm. The pelican took flight and was accelerating towards the nearest cruiser as a flood combat form leaped into the yet closed cargo hold, pulling the squad member from the back and down into the morass of flood waiting for them on the ring’s surface. Jacob barely made it to the ship before collapsing of emotional and physical exhaustion.

Only recently has he managed to recover from that event and become an able soldier, his emotions now almost completely non-existent. Jacob had learned the hard way that emotional attachment only ends one way… He was approached by the Rift Alliance in 2586, aged 36 years old at the time. Hesitant at first, he decided that this would be the best way to ensure that nothing like he experienced will ever happen again.

Jacob hasn’t officially been assigned a squad yet. He hasn’t wanted to, fearing growing attached to a squad again only to suffer the same fate. He is currently stationed on the Song of Heaven as a freelance soldier who goes where he’s needed.

Character Skills/Combat Role: He has most of the abilities an able scout would. Sitting back from the action lets him take all of it in and figure out what to do next. He is also exceptional at recon, able to quickly work out the best way through most terrains with ease.

I read James' submission and now I'm really embarrassed about my puny background paragraph...

Edit: I also read Nervy's and got so embarrassed that I've expanded mine now...
    Last edited by Legendary Nova; 05-20-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Pretty sure he wasn't 13 in 1563 :)

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Thread Information