Hey everyone,

I've recently gotten a break from school and decided to change how I want to interact with the community. I've been "leading" for quite some time, but RL is honestly too demanding and it would truly be a disservice to continue being a leader of anything. However, I really refuse to not do anything with/for the community when I have the time to do so. Therefore, I've decided to focus on content creation/social interaction.

Part of the content creation part is that I wanted to start writing a new FC story again. I haven't necessarily given up on finishing the Ruins of Reach story, but I really did write myself into a hole there and I just don't think I can find myself finishing that story for quite some time yet. That said, I think I would be able to start a new story, with your help. This thread's purpose is to allow you guys the chance to create some interesting characters and to invest in the story.

In 2568, the Imperial and Brotherhood forces continued to wage their conflict for control of the technological assets that the Forerunners had left behind after the firing of the Halo Array. However, after over a decade of fighting, both factions forgot the threat that the Forerunner had failed to fully eradicate. While neither faction knows which side unleashed the Flood, both soon realized their utter failure to contain the threat whilst waging their bloody conflict. Installation 07 was a major site of conflict, with a three year naval engagement being waged over its research archives. While both sides had agreed not to engage while on the surface of the ring, neither managed to live up to their word. The Flood, had been unleashed. This time, there was no solution to the outbreak. Quickly, the Flood spread throughout the galaxy. The Sol system was lost very soon after the outbreak, and from there the Flood spread. Covenant worlds learned too late of the parasite's release, and they too soon succumbed to the spread of the Flood.

The year our story takes place is 2587. The Empire and Brotherhood still exist, but merely as partner entities in the struggle for survival. The former Covenant races split into various factions, yet the Sangheilii deemed it wise to coordinate with humanity in the form of what came to be known among civilians and soldiers as the Desperate Alliance. While the official name for the alliance was the Rift Alliance, the more common name aptly described it. Three factions who, at one time or another, had killed millions of the other factions people, had to band together in an unsteady alliance in order to evade and survive the Flood. All that remains are a handful of Infinity-Class Battlecruisers, and several remnants of the Sangheilli fleet. Several independent factions have managed to evade the Flood's search for all sentient life, but the decades have been harsh. The RAS Song of Heaven is what is known as an incursion ship. Serving aboard are members of each of the client factions of the Rift Alliance, and several elite units of Spartans and Elite soldiers. The Song of Heaven is outfitted with everything the Rift Alliance could muster. It's mission is to locate further resources from systems not patrolled by the Flood, scout weaknesses of the Flood's blockade of all known Forerunner locations and former RA-held worlds.

There are exactly ten spots for characters. Four of these are GUARANTEED to be Spartans, but the rest can be Elites or some other client race of the Covenant (Brutes are an exception, and will be explained in the story)

If you want to make a character, please post and fill out the following:

Character Name:
Character Race:
Character Homeworld:
Character Personality:
Relevant Character Backstory:
Character Skills/Combat Role:

I reserve the right to tweak anything posted here, but I'll post why I made the tweaks. People can make more than one character. The more, the merrier!