Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fun and Respect

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Re: Fun and Respect

Quote Originally Posted by Solus Exsequor View Post
    Opinions on a squad based report after BNs?
    I remember those, but I don't know if anything was ever done with them. I'm not in HC so I don't exactly know how they were used, but I don't remember them being particularly effective.

One thing that I think is important to remember is that there will be some people who don't want to give feedback out of fear of being shutdown. One thing that made an anonymous survey seem like a good choice is that people who aren't comfortable having their opinions judged can still provided constructive feedback to the community. Even though I would hope everybody is comfortable coming to their squad leaders for help or to give feedback, some of the newer recruits may be intimidated by the squad leaders (especially considering that the majority of our squad leaders are also HC).

I don't think it hurts giving them some distance to voice their opinions with absolutely no fear of retribution. The only potential problem with this is spam by anti-community members wanting to cause trouble. I don't really see that as being a problem. Who cares if somebody is spamming the survey with trash? We just ignore it and move on.

Back to squad reports. I think we should have a conversation about how we could make them more effective and discuss why we stopped using them. It might be very useful to be collecting information from multiple sources (i.e. squad reports, anonymous surveys, something else?). I can't see anything wrong with having extra information when making decisions about the future of the community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Solace View Post
    Well we use to do the Squad reports back in the day for BLUE so I am sure we could do that again.
    Do you know why we stopped using those? I think it is extremely important that we figure out why we stopped (was it just laziness?), so we don't make the same mistakes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Live Form: http://goo.gl/forms/17iG4RAB2q
    Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Let me know if you want edit permissions.
    Nice! Short and sweet, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Maybe add text boxes after questions 2 and 3 that say

"If no, why?" (optional)

Or write the above in a more optional-esque manor.
    I like options. That's why I like Halo's campaign. Also, good suggestion. :P
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Remalf View Post
    I personally would feel more appreciated with a feeling that I can help make a difference by simply answering a few questions lol.
    I think this is another important point.

If we can provide a stepping stone to help get the less active community members more engaged that would be fantastic.

Image a new recruit:
    1. Play battle night
    2. Give feedback
    3. Squad leader says results of feedback available here (Battle Results Thread)
    4. Go look at Battle Results
    5. Sees some other interesting threads
    6. Slowly becomes a more active and engaged community member

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Maybe add text boxes after questions 2 and 3 that say

"If no, why?" (optional)

Or write the above in a more optional-esque manor.
    Do you have any ideas for rewording the last question to encompass all of these opinion thoughts? I really don't want to make the survey too long out of the fear of people being discouraged to reply (especially if people will be filling this in on there Xbox IE browser)

The logic I used was that if people respond 'no' to either question, they will hopefully have a suggestion to improve their experience so that they can respond with 'yes' next week. Somebody else brought up that this logic flow wasn't as clear earlier in this thread, so I'm trying to figure out how that last question can be better worded to make this more clear.

Thread Information