Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: New Squad System

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Or perhaps someone is filling their heads with BS and trying to take people away from the community.....
    Whatever helps you guys sleep at night. I haven't talked to a single soul inside of FC. People make decisions entirely of their own volition.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Whatever helps you guys sleep at night. I haven't talked to a single soul inside of FC. People make decisions entirely of their own volition.
    What ever you say bud

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Hey guys, let's take this portion of the conversation to a PM. This thread was designed to be constructive for the community and I would like it to stay that way. Hope you all understand. Thank you in advance.

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    But recruiting people to a place supposedly ran on "Fun" and "Respect" where they don't have fun, and aren't given respect is hard to do. Even harder if you're the one trying to spin that story for them.
    I have fun and am given respect, I do not know what you are talking about.

Anarchy no one is forcing you to stay in FC, I understand you have a hidden agenda but your posts recently have been jarring especially for a veteran of the community who should be setting an example for members and leaders alike.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I have fun and am given respect, I do not know what you are talking about.

Anarchy no one is forcing you to stay in FC, I understand you have a hidden agenda but your posts recently have been jarring especially for a veteran of the community who should be setting an example for members and leaders alike.
    My point was to make the experience fun so people are actually happy to be here, and the recruits will come. Not guilt-trip people into recruiting.

If you can't take that advice, then so be it, die by your pride. Make this about something it isn't. Whatever gets you from today until tomorrow feeling satisfied. But many are not satisfied, and haven't been for a long time, and it never gets addressed correctly. The drama and disatisfaction FC puts itself through is not natural. It is not normal for communities to have that. The example I am setting is to address what the real issue is and make things more about fun, and less about empire building. FC has smaller numbers than ever before, so what? The goal should be for those of us here to have fun and the rest can come after much more easily.

I made one point that is actually quite valid in many people's mind. Instead you talk of hidden agendas and wonder why people don't feel as though you, and other leaders, care about the real issues.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Final warning, get back on topic. This isn't the place for these kinds of things.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Drop it all of you. Get back on topic. We have heard both sides and will interpret it. Let's not get carried away.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

I'm not sure how this Squad System will play out. It seems like a bunch of conflicting ideas/half-remedies to me. Granted, some of the ideas I like but I'm not sure how putting it into practice will affect everything.

Way too many puzzle pieces IMO. If we try some steps first instead of all at one time we might get better results.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

I'm with Max. I'm all about innovation, but this just seems a bit too out there to keep in check and track. I like the more generalized route of squad creation, but it's too loose to provide a consistent experience every week.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Nova View Post
    Unfortunately, whenever recruiting comes into play with one of these suggestions, you have to assume that every new recruit is going to be an asshole and try to break the system. No offence to anyone, but you always need to plan for recruits (and just members in general) to be the absolute worst they can be. This is where your idea falls apart. It's pretty sad to say it, but you can't ever rely on someone to uphold 'community spirit' if it means they have to sacrifice personal gain...
    What would you say if there were additional restrictions on between army transfers (complete elimination or requiring between army transfer to only be allowed be sent to the army losing/with the fewest people)?

I feel like balancing personal gain is non-trivial, yet solvable problem. If the incentives and regulations are balanced appropriately then people's personal gain can be tied to the community's gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Nova View Post
    I really hate to see so many of your ideas shot down, Houdini... It's obvious that you're really trying to help this community and I applaud you for that. It's just a shame that so many perfect-in-theory suggestions get broken down from a practical standpoint.
    I get use to it. But don't worry. I'm not stopping anytime soon. As long as peacetime goes on I'll keep posting ideas and trying to get discussion going. As I said more elaborately in a previous suggestion, last war wasn't fun for me personally. So I'm going to do everything in my power (read post suggestions) to make the war fun for me. If a other people end up enjoying the next war more too it is a win-win situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    I'm not sure how this Squad System will play out. It seems like a bunch of conflicting ideas/half-remedies to me. Granted, some of the ideas I like but I'm not sure how putting it into practice will affect everything.

Way too many puzzle pieces IMO. If we try some steps first instead of all at one time we might get better results.
    I'm perfectly happy with taking it one step at a time. What ideas do you think should have the most priority?

As an aside, if it seems like this isn't an entirely complete idea that is correct. There is a part two that I'm working on related to squads. Instead of having a giant discussion about the entire idea I thought it would be best to focus on the two parts that are disjoint, yet related (squad formation, squad value).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WSxPhoenix View Post
    I'm with Max. I'm all about innovation, but this just seems a bit too out there to keep in check and track. I like the more generalized route of squad creation, but it's too loose to provide a consistent experience every week.
    Is the goal to provide a consistent experience every week? I personally would be okay with a less consistent experience if it was more fun (or the fun was consistent).

Thread Information