Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plan B

Plan B

Hey all,

I hate to take any attention away from Houdini's awesome suggestions, but I need an opinion on this. Obviously the last 3 years of gaming in Halo have been less than stellar, and it has affected FC so much, putting the whole community in a bad spot.

October 27th for Halo 5, and I think it's fair to say that if it doesn't have a good launch, Halo is done, and FC will feel a bad consequence. So, if such a thing does happen:

A) Given that backwards compatibility is being integrated sometime in Fall, would it be possible to move back to a previous Halo game so that there cannot be complaints with the gameplay? (although people find something all the time).

B) Would people want to do that?

I have to think if people have left FC solely due to the game as opposed to anything else, and backwards compatibility could give them an invitation to come back.

I encourage all opinions.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Blog Posts

Re: Plan B

Backwards compatibility could become a saving grace if H5 does end up a bust. But keep in mind recruiting for an older game is very very limiting. H3 to be honest is almost completely unusable do to the servers. They stop maintaining them a long time ago. REACH will fall pray to a similar fate in time. If enough of the Halo community goes back to older Halo games then we might be able to continue though them. It really comes down to how the Halo community as a whole reacts to H5 and reverse compatibility.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

A) No, there is no point to , i doubt going back to an older title will bring people back. The population on the older titles to even attempt to get new recruits is even lower then MCC. Then we make the jump to halo 5 , those new recruits may or may not have an xbox one. Meaning we are just wasting our time. Remember H5 comes out in October and plenty of other games come out inbetween, Backwards Compatibility comes out in the fall ....i think you can do the math.

B) No , 30 fps is awful and halo reach can barely play on 30 fps. Not everyone has the older halos nor wants to pay for a outdated version of what the MCC has to offer.

The solution to the problems isn't the path going backwards , it the path going forwards. changing games now wont make a difference its more likely to be harmful then helpful. Theirs alot of potential recruits still playing mcc , if you really want to make the community grow get motivated and start recruiting everyday you play mcc.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    A) No, there is no point to , i doubt going back to an older title will bring people back. The population on the older titles to even attempt to get new recruits is even lower then MCC.
    Following BC people may want to go back to older titles, so I think a rise in population on Reach and maybe h3 is entirely possible because players may want to avoid the MCC matchmaking.

Then we make the jump to halo 5 , those new recruits may or may not have an xbox one. Meaning we are just wasting our time.
    ...What? BC is on the X1...?

Remember H5 comes out in October and plenty of other games come out inbetween, Backwards Compatibility comes out in the fall ....i think you can do the math.
    The suggestion is to compensate a possible bad launch for H5?

No , 30 fps is awful and halo reach can barely play on 30 fps. Not everyone has the older halos nor wants to pay for a outdated version of what the MCC has to offer.
    Fair enough

changing games now wont make a difference its more likely to be harmful then helpful. Theirs alot of potential recruits still playing mcc , if you really want to make the community grow get motivated and start recruiting everyday you play mcc.
    I have been, given the current state in REDD (if you know about it). But why would FC want to stay on a game with a dying population when older games may have a higher population?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Backwards compatibility could become a saving grace if H5 does end up a bust. But keep in mind recruiting for an older game is very very limiting. H3 to be honest is almost completely unusable do to the servers. They stop maintaining them a long time ago. REACH will fall pray to a similar fate in time. If enough of the Halo community goes back to older Halo games then we might be able to continue though them. It really comes down to how the Halo community as a whole reacts to H5 and reverse compatibility.
    Exactly. I just thought it was worth making a backup because given the state of FC currently I don't know if the community can survive another bad launch/bad game.
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    Following BC people may want to go back to older titles, so I think a rise in population on Reach and maybe h3 is entirely possible because players may want to avoid the MCC matchmaking.

...What? BC is on the X1...?

The suggestion is to compensate a possible bad launch for H5?

Fair enough

I have been, given the current state in REDD (if you know about it). But why would FC want to stay on a game with a dying population when older games may have a higher population?
    BC players can play with 360 owners not everyone has a x1,its common sense bro. Older games wont have a higher population. Halo reach was dying , so people went to h4. H4 was dying so people went to MCC. MCC is dying people stop playing halo. Do you see the pattern?

Do you see the pattern?
    I think the pattern is just that Halo players always want something new to play, and given the emphasis by Microsoft on BC, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the older games did have a lot of people coming back to them. But you have a valid point.

I think the pattern is just that Halo players always want something new to play, and given the emphasis by Microsoft on BC, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the older games did have a lot of people coming back to them. But you have a valid point.
    Well first off were are alienating people that don't have the older titles nor are interested in playing them. Second their are alot of games that will be BC so the potential population is diluted. 3rd, most of the halos are on mcc. 4th halo reach is the only title that will get a noticeable population increase and that wont be sustainable. That increase will only be short term (i mean very short term). 5th, halo 5 is around the corner and we don't want unnecessary choices that will probably do more harm then good.

Just because you and your friends maybe all willing to go back to older halos does not mean its an accurate representation of the rest of player base.

Just because you and your friends maybe all willing to go back to older halos does not mean its an accurate representation of the rest of player base.
    I don't know if you're deliberately trying to provoke me, but I'm making suggestions for the betterment of the community, not for my squad.

Blog Posts

OK allow me to step in. Unfolded this thread was not a post suggesting we divert from our primary plan of action but rather a suggested contingency plan in the event that H5 goes completely down the tube. So lets all calm down before we get the thread closed and people get infractions.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

I don't know if you're deliberately trying to provoke me, but I'm making suggestions for the betterment of the community, not for my squad.
    I don't think he is trying to provoke you at all. I think he is making a generalized statement referring to an isolated group (a group of players) and the overall feeling of the halo community. Just because a group of players might enjoy going back to Halo reach, it doesn't mean that the majority of the community will want to. I believe that is where he is getting at, so try not to take offense to it.

---Update--

Given your original post, I don't think fully ignoring MCC would be a good thing. I think MCC has some good things to offer. If anything, implementing older titles (given that backwards compatibility works well) would be the best way to go about it. I am currently working on a war map that may allow for something like this (a flexible war map tied to the FC lore) that i will be presenting to the community shortly.

I would love to play some reach for sure, but making it the center point of the wars may not be the best option.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Thread Information