Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Connection Hosts

Is this all really that big of a deal who even cares anymore.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology."

Quote Originally Posted by GAMExSOLID View Post
    I asked you to end the match on CTF but nothing happened and it was very clear the team was confused as to what to do with that flag floating in the air. But that's nothing to do with connection.
    That's down to you being unorganised and unfamiliar with the gametype. That's not an issue that's came from MCC or our squad or host. That is a lack of knowledge on your part.

Also. Barry didn't neglect to swap host, he had host for the first time to start the game. Before the game was started at all he was asked to swap host. There was no grounds for it to be demanded. If it had lagged out then yeah sure, we would've swapped but probably to me.

I think many people are confusing lag with bad skill. Skill lesser than that of the person who killed them. Some people just can't take being killed legitimately. I'll admit that 11/10 Guzzie would kill me in a 1v1 BR battle. Not because of lag, because he's better than me. Same with Barry is for most people.
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Solus Exsequor View Post
    That's down to you being unorganised and unfamiliar with the gametype. That's not an issue that's came from MCC or our squad or host. That is a lack of knowledge on your part.

Also. Barry didn't neglect to swap host, he had host for the first time to start the game. Before the game was started at all he was asked to swap host. There was no grounds for it to be demanded. If it had lagged out then yeah sure, we would've swapped but probably to me.

I think many people are confusing lag with bad skill. Skill lesser than that of the person who killed them. Some people just can't take being killed legitimately. I'll admit that 11/10 Guzzie would kill me in a 1v1 BR battle. Not because of lag, because he's better than me. Same with Barry is for most people.
    Sounds like bossnasti lol but on a serous note

No that's FC fault for not making it clear on that gametype . Lag gives you an unfair advantage and when your playing against an equally skilled player its the deciding factor . Since you believe it has something to do with skill why people are complaining then why don't you just give them host and prove them wrong?
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Why is this suddenly a problem? Lol Barry used to host ALL the time on Halo 4. I was in his squad and explicitly remember him hosting every game BLUE defended. Nobody gave a shit. Why is this such a big deal now? Seriously...
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    Why is this suddenly a problem? Lol Barry used to host ALL the time on Halo 4. I was in his squad and explicitly remember him hosting every game BLUE defended. Nobody gave a shit. Why is this such a big deal now? Seriously...
    you couldnt choose host in halo 4 the game decided nothing you can do about it without blowing up the lobby and praying for a new host.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    you couldnt choose host in halo 4 the game decided nothing you can do about it without blowing up the lobby and praying for a new host.
    Point still stands. Haven't had an issue with EU host since the game came out. It's a big deal out of nothing. I've seen these dudes work their asses off to create their squads from scratch and then continue to dedicate themselves to it unconditionally. It's rather sad that so many people forget this and are sooooo quick to condemn and bar. Is EU host a minor inconvenience? Yes. Is it as big of a deal as people are making it out to be? Not even in the slightest. So go ahead, put it in and bar them. Can guarantee you it will end very poorly and drive more dedicated members out. But I suppose it doesn't matter because host. Gotta have that host.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    Point still stands. Haven't had an issue with EU host since the game came out. It's a big deal out of nothing. I've seen these dudes work their asses off to create their squads from scratch and then continue to dedicate themselves to it unconditionally. It's rather sad that so many people forget this and are sooooo quick to condemn and bar. Is EU host a minor inconvenience? Yes. Is it as big of a deal as people are making it out to be? Not even in the slightest. So go ahead, put it in and bar them. Can guarantee you it will end very poorly and drive more dedicated members out. But I suppose it doesn't matter because host. Gotta have that host.
    Host is a big deal to the enjoyment of the game and just because your connection is fine does not represent everyone else in the community. People are complaining now because we have the ability to change it. Makes no sense to have the one player in the lobby that's EU to be host. The team he is on will have a big advantage and to many peoples eye it will be a unethical advantage because the other team is purposely choosing a EU player host when the other team is all american.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    Host is a big deal to the enjoyment of the game and just because your connection is fine does not represent everyone else in the community. People are complaining now because we have the ability to change it. Makes no sense to have the one player in the lobby that's EU to be host. The team he is on will have a big advantage and to many peoples eye it will be a unethical advantage because the other team is purposely choosing a EU player host when the other team is all american.
    Then bar them from hosting. Oh and when another loss happens, blame someone else's host. Just keep blaming everything and everyone. Keep the negativity. It's real healthy for the community

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

*ahem* **cough, cough**

lets keep it civil folks
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Blog Posts

<sigh> Keep it pertaining to the topic at hand and include constructive criticism please. No personal attacks. Warnings will be handed out if things continue south.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information