Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Connection Hosts

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    I am interested to seeing why you seemed to be getting upset over this. If you are in fact not upset, then i apologize, that is just the impression I am getting from your posts. Do you feel like you are being picked on for being a UK member? Do you not want to give up host on BNs? Would you not feel comfortable with another member of your squad, with a better host take the responsibility under your guidance? If you don't feel like answering me here, then feel free to PM me. I am just a little confused as to why giving up host is such an issue for you.
    I think confused is a better word rather than upset, I was host for a couple of games yesterday and I asked my team multiple times if they were lagging and the unanimous response was no. I thought this community was based on fun and respect, and having such a comprehensive focus on host shows how competitive we are becoming tbh. I was keeping a constant eye on the Skype chat for people asking to end the game, and it only happened once, coincidentally with the creator of this thread.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

I have never once had an issue with someone's host on BN. I have played on Barry's, Solus's, and Nova's host. The only issue is with Nova's host and the ping issues. On BN, I played on Barry's host and it wasn't as big of a deal as people made it out to be. Christ, you're all acting like host is forcing you to be terrible. Barry has killed me not because he had host but because he fucking ruined all my hopes and dreams of being MLG Superpro. The reason this is being brought up is because I don't care what any of you say, this will be used against EU players. It's a fact and don't deny it. This was never an issue before EU players started hosting and tbh, it shouldn't be an issue at all.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    I have never once had an issue with someone's host on BN. I have played on Barry's, Solus's, and Nova's host. The only issue is with Nova's host and the ping issues. On BN, I played on Barry's host and it wasn't as big of a deal as people made it out to be. Christ, you're all acting like host is forcing you to be terrible. Barry has killed me not because he had host but because he fucking ruined all my hopes and dreams of being MLG Superpro. The reason this is being brought up is because I don't care what any of you say, this will be used against EU players. It's a fact and don't deny it. This was never an issue before EU players started hosting and tbh, it shouldn't be an issue at all.
    Agree completely. Especially about Barry tuning hopes and dreams.

I've proved that I've been a good host but clearly some people can't take losing and convince themselves that it's lag. I can guarantee that 90% of the complaint of being killed due to lag are not lag. They're just butthurt people who can't take getting killed.
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    I think confused is a better word rather than upset, I was host for a couple of games yesterday and I asked my team multiple times if they were lagging and the unanimous response was no. I thought this community was based on fun and respect, and having such a comprehensive focus on host shows how competitive we are becoming tbh. I was keeping a constant eye on the Skype chat for people asking to end the game, and it only happened once, coincidentally with the creator of this thread.
    Its never been an issue because you couldn't choose host before, its an issue now because you guys are now choosing EU host.

What ever happend to logic

Here some people that left comments complaining about it : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ivU...p=form_confirm

-Would be nice to keep host to US members only. Nothing against our European members, but this is a community where 99% of the population is US based. Please have US members host.

-Remove silence SMG secondary. No UK host. Score limit.

-Overall, not bad. Remnant was a good fight in our matches, and BLUE pulled through. Complex was odd though - BarrySoap neglected to swap hosts after we requested it, and of course, REDD stacked both Equinox and REDD Mix.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    I don't see the point of all this UK minority thing.

If your connection is good then you should be the host
    If your connection is bad then someone else should be host
    For more context, last war VM probably wouldn't have had a single person as a certified host. I was on crappy college wifi, metkil's connection sucks, Ominous' is even worse. Mos has a crappy connection too. VM hosts were so bad that multiple times we would just give party lead to the other squad because we couldn't even connect to each other.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about laggy host. I played on Ominous host for practices and battle nights last war. I know what crap host is like and I'm conditioned not to care. I posted this because I have had multiple people come up to me complaining about hosts, justifiably so when they can't connect to lobbies or lag out mid-game. I don't mind taking crap for suggestions, so I write things up and let other people support silently without having to be attacked for their opinions.

This is a really simple suggestion. People like being able to shoot people who don't lag around. People like to be able to finish games without lagging out. It really doesn't matter where you are from and this was never meant as an attack on people from middle of no-where America or overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    Its never been an issue because you couldn't choose host before, its an issue now because you guys are now choosing EU host.

What ever happend to logic

Here some people that left comments complaining about it : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ivU...p=form_confirm

-Would be nice to keep host to US members only. Nothing against our European members, but this is a community where 99% of the population is US based. Please have US members host.

-Remove silence SMG secondary. No UK host. Score limit.

-Overall, not bad. Remnant was a good fight in our matches, and BLUE pulled through. Complex was odd though - BarrySoap neglected to swap hosts after we requested it, and of course, REDD stacked both Equinox and REDD Mix.
    People also left comments asking to ban VBD last week and this week. It's almost like a lot of people aren't taking it seriously. I read those comments and see endless saltiness, and a few good good/reasonable comments. I did not, in any way, neglect changing host.

10407266_1606138912986499_4725240417306514218_n.jpg

If this is neglecting then fine, I'm in the wrong but after I started it up not one thing was said.

As for stacking, one member said he didn't want to play because of certain issues, so I literally joined the squad I lead and get excused of stacking. like wtf logic yep. That team for the last game was comprised of all the Equinox members we had on for the night, so a 'stacking' argument can't be used...

It's just saltiness everywhere

Also want to point out that I hosted multiple times last war and nobody said a thing about it.
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Also want to point out that I hosted multiple times last war and nobody said a thing about it.
    To be fair, I remember calling you a dirty Scot in the BN chat about it. :P

For the issue at hand, all I care about is not having laggy gameplay. If it can be avoided by selecting one host over another, then we should do that.

I'd have preferred not blackscreening during a game on Remnant last night for ~30 seconds, but at least the gameplay was smooth.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

I like Barry and all the EU people and I want them to have a good time. For the sake of clarity, however, I would like to point out that myself and many other Legacy members have always been unhappy with EU hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sibley View Post
    I like Barry and all the EU people and I want them to have a good time. For the sake of clarity, however, I would like to point out that myself and many other Legacy members have always been unhappy with EU hosts.
    ^ Can't people just say it like that??

Livestreams
    View Channel: gamexsolid

I was keeping a constant eye on the Skype chat for people asking to end the game, and it only happened once, coincidentally with the creator of this thread.
    I asked you to end the match on CTF but nothing happened and it was very clear the team was confused as to what to do with that flag floating in the air. But that's nothing to do with connection.
    BLACKGUARD

We will never quit. We will never stop. We will never give up!
    My Game is Well... Solid.
    Train as you would fight. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership. I will provide that leadership.

Thread Information