Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Connection Hosts

-_-

Neither me nor Unfolded made a personal attack...
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    -_-

Neither me nor Unfolded made a personal attack...
    Their getting passion confused with aggressiveness and are probably reading it like we are yelling at each other.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

I am going to go ahead and dissect a few of the things you have said simply because I think you are a bit misinformed and may be contradicting yourself:

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    Why is this suddenly a problem? Lol Barry used to host ALL the time on Halo 4. I was in his squad and explicitly remember him hosting every game BLUE defended. Nobody gave a shit. Why is this such a big deal now? Seriously...
    Every halo up until now, being the party leader did not equal to being host (connection host). I think you are mistaking Barry having had leader of the lobby with him being host. Being under that impression, it would be easy to see why you had no problem with the connection back then, because Barry was not host. I will say that again; Barry was party leader, but not the host of the game. Please do not confuse that. It seems like that is your main counter argument to everything that has been said thus far.

You also go on to say, "why is this suddenly a problem...", which is false. A few members have come forward and posted on this thread and said that they have had issues with a UK host in the past. I believe Maxdoggy and NicSib said something along those lines. It has indeed been brought up in the past. Maybe not to the same magnitude as now, but it has in fact been brought up.

I've seen these dudes work their asses off to create their squads from scratch and then continue to dedicate themselves to it unconditionally. It's rather sad that so many people forget this and are sooooo quick to condemn and bar.
    Yes, I agree with you on your accolades to Barry and Solus. Yes, they have done great work in each army. I have said it many times before, they are great, very dedicated members of this community. However, that has nothing to do with how viable their connections are to American players, thus, that statement holds no weight in this argument.

Is EU host a minor inconvenience? Yes. Is it as big of a deal as people are making it out to be? Not even in the slightest. So go ahead, put it in and bar them. Can guarantee you it will end very poorly and drive more dedicated members out. But I suppose it doesn't matter because host. Gotta have that host.
    You are contradicting yourself here. You are saying that host is not a big deal, "not in the slightest". Having said that, you then go on to saying that if we "ban" our UK members from having host, they may potentially leave the community. Which leads me to think that having host is in fact a big deal? If they are willing to leave the community because, in your own words, we would be banning them from having host, well then that fully contradicts what you just said.

I will reiterate.... On older halo titles (h2-h4), being the party leader DID NOT equal to being the host. This is a feature only present in MCC.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    You are contradicting yourself here. You are saying that host is not a big deal, "not in the slightest". Having said that, you then go on to saying that if we "ban" our UK members from having host, they may potentially leave the community. Which leads me to think that having host is in fact a big deal? If they are willing to leave the community because, in your own words, we would be banning them from having host, well then that fully contradicts what you just said.
    I was making a point that people are making a big deal about EU hosts and are then going to these lengths with it. That's what would cause them to get pissy and leave. I frankly don't blame them. I was mistaken on my previous post though.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Let's be honest here and civil here for we are really off topic. Now, as Houdini generally suggested in this thread that we create a certified list of hosts are able to sustain a stable connection for all players in the game. This thread is not here attacking anyone with bad hosts inside NA and outside NA. Anyone can have bad connections to anyone: Good, Moderate, Bad NAT; if your download is twice as higher than your upload than you will have some issues. Higher upload than download is sustainable eg 45 D and 65+ upload. You can download games or anything else faster with higher download speed. Performance comes from the upload speed. Anyone can argue about this but lets get back to some facts.

At first, people complained about guzzie when he hosted VBD lobbies or other squads. Yes, it was a terrible event but we overcame it... did we not? Now his connection is much better than last time. I'm not lagging, not blackscreen, nor being kicked from the game and he is on American host. On another note, Barry I've played with you a couple of times and against you. It is in fact, that you gain a skill boost but not only you but the team as well. Same goes for anyone who has host. The host gain a good 45% better performance than anyone in his lobby. I could be wrong but that's my opinion. Doesn't make a difference if you're USA, UK, France, Mexico, Antarctica, etch. People will have host advantages and disadvantages. If I'm host, I can get 3 to 5 kills in 1 minute because I get an advantage. That's a typical host thing.

Honestly, why are people afraid to try out something new? It can either better the community or wound it. In any case, we have to support it anyway. Halo 5 is on its way and its providing dedicated servers for customs as well. Do I trust this? Not really. Why? Because anything can happen, its common sense. Having a certified host can help sustain games. If the player is not able to host it then we go back to the system as Houdini and Guzzie said. I would rather play in a fun fair game than a laggy game where the other team is nearly spawn killing and teammates lagging out or get frustrated and leave. Remember and please remember for the sake of this community future... nobody is here to attack you or bring you down; if they are, you have to be the mature one and leave it alone and go on your way. We need more ideas in this community and Houdini is the only one bringing them in and some people are resisting.

- - - Updated - - -

I see an unfinished painting on the wall and the painter (which is ALL of you) must finish it together.

"Creativity is always a leap of faith. You're faced with a blank page, blank easel, or empty stage".

Just a couple of things about your post raptor:

Download speeds of 45 would be a decent compromise. Although you don't need anything nearly that fast to host a viable custom game lobby. Also, 65+ upload is a ridiculous prerequisite lol. I don't think anyone in this community would have that upload speed. Unless they live in Kansas city and have Google fiber.

Also, back in H4 when I was lobby leader of VbD games, I was not pulling host. My connection was so bad that I would never pull host. Only very rarely on 1v1s would I pull host.

Just a couple of things I wanted to touch on on your post.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    Just a couple of things about your post raptor:

Download speeds of 45 would be a decent compromise. Although you don't need anything nearly that fast to host a viable custom game lobby. Also, 65+ upload is a ridiculous prerequisite lol. I don't think anyone in this community would have that upload speed. Unless they live in Kansas city and have Google fiber.

Also, back in H4 when I was lobby leader of VbD games, I was not pulling host. My connection was so bad that I would never pull host. Only very rarely on 1v1s would I pull host.

Just a couple of things I wanted to touch on on your post.
    I may have exaggerated a bit but that's for clarifying that out for me. Halo 4 era, I assumed you pulled host at least one or two games before but that could have been someone else. Least I hope some people here, get my message out my post.

"Creativity is always a leap of faith. You're faced with a blank page, blank easel, or empty stage".

This no longer matters.

1. For all of MCC's flaws amended by 343I's fixes and tweaks to up-and-coming Halo 5, the first is that all multiplayer games are hosted on dedicated servers (Yeah, custom games are multiplayer. Big shock? I know.). This eliminates the peer-to-peer custom game shittiness that you are experiencing on the Master Chief Collection.

2. You have survived doing MCC nonsense without a dedicated list of hosts for this long. All you're adding is more parameters to a straightforward process. Games need less bureaucracy.

3. Effectively you're limiting the amount of hosts that can be in a lobby. Not all of us can afford solid gold CAT-7 cable running to the demarc. It's simply silly to say "these people take host priority because we say so."

I'd think this was a great idea if we weren't a more open community. But we're not a rigid group.

tl;dr Calm it, wait it out. H5 will be better than MCC, because at this point E.T. for the Atari is better than MCC.

That's just my opinion though, not like I know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Demon Lee View Post
    This no longer matters.

1. For all of MCC's flaws amended by 343I's fixes and tweaks to up-and-coming Halo 5, the first is that all multiplayer games are hosted on dedicated servers (Yeah, custom games are multiplayer. Big shock? I know.). This eliminates the peer-to-peer custom game shittiness that you are experiencing on the Master Chief Collection.

2. You have survived doing MCC nonsense without a dedicated list of hosts for this long. All you're adding is more parameters to a straightforward process. Games need less bureaucracy.

3. Effectively you're limiting the amount of hosts that can be in a lobby. Not all of us can afford solid gold CAT-7 cable running to the demarc. It's simply silly to say "these people take host priority because we say so."

I'd think this was a great idea if we weren't a more open community. But we're not a rigid group.

tl;dr Calm it, wait it out. H5 will be better than MCC, because at this point E.T. for the Atari is better than MCC.

That's just my opinion though, not like I know anything.
    Agree with most of that.

For all of your interests I just ran my Xbox speed check and it brought back 11 upload and 11 download back.

BEFORE you jump in and think that's what I run on BN, it's not. I'm not dumb, I always play BNs wired up via Ethernet.

I just checked it while plugged in and it's running at roughly 80-120 Download and 25-40 Upload. Taken from the lowest I've saw to highest. I'm paying for a ridiculous wifi package as it is but no one can deny that my host would work fine. I can also guarantee that no one has had issues with my host, reference the custom nights and scrims I've held in both REDD and BLUE. So, if the registered host list is made we can then see a clear bias if I don't make it. That's the bar I'm setting. I've proven over months that it's stable.

Also in reference to Corbin's point. Why should I sacrifice host on battle night for your peace of mind? Why should I sacrifice my host just to prove you wrong? I don't know what Barry runs at but I'm sure that any advantage he gains is no different from the one any US, UK, AUS, FRA, GER or CAN player gets. Every host will most likely have an advantages. You're all just being opportunistic in singling us out. That's what this is. It's the same situation for hosts with us all. You're just looking to far into the subject and refuse to blame yourself. I didn't know how narrow minded and tunnel vision a group of people could be. It's as if the rights of us as a minority are less than that of the majority simply because we are the minority.

Go figure.
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Solus Exsequor View Post
    Agree with most of that.

For all of your interests I just ran my Xbox speed check and it brought back 11 upload and 11 download back.

BEFORE you jump in and think that's what I run on BN, it's not. I'm not dumb, I always play BNs wired up via Ethernet.

I just checked it while plugged in and it's running at roughly 80-120 Download and 25-40 Upload. Taken from the lowest I've saw to highest. I'm paying for a ridiculous wifi package as it is but no one can deny that my host would work fine. I can also guarantee that no one has had issues with my host, reference the custom nights and scrims I've held in both REDD and BLUE. So, if the registered host list is made we can then see a clear bias if I don't make it. That's the bar I'm setting. I've proven over months that it's stable.

Also in reference to Corbin's point. Why should I sacrifice host on battle night for your peace of mind? Why should I sacrifice my host just to prove you wrong? I don't know what Barry runs at but I'm sure that any advantage he gains is no different from the one any US, UK, AUS, FRA, GER or CAN player gets. Every host will most likely have an advantages. You're all just being opportunistic in singling us out. That's what this is. It's the same situation for hosts with us all. You're just looking to far into the subject and refuse to blame yourself. I didn't know how narrow minded and tunnel vision a group of people could be. It's as if the rights of us as a minority are less than that of the majority simply because we are the minority.

Go figure.
    Get your facts straight i have not played against a EU host (only in Match making and yes their can be peer to peer to mcc ) but the problem isn't about how good your internet is because EU blows america out of the water when it comes to connection the problem is ping. The farther you are the bigger the ping ( not a good thing). Keep the host in America where almost everyone lives and the ping will be smaller regardless of how much faster EU internet. This isn't about internet performance its about location. Stop taking everything so personal. Most people from america have slower internet so when the play a EU host it takes longer for their internet to get to you then it is for you to get to them.

You could have the best internet in the world and i would still rather have some mediocre west coast host

You don't see Pro players scrimming EU players online do you? no? that what i thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMhtKo__Vmo explaining ping
    Last edited by UnfoldedFreedom; 07-21-2015 at 08:19 PM.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Thread Information