Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it to the 15min time limit

14 53.85%
  • Reduce it to a short time: like 10 mins or so

5 19.23%
  • Change it to a set score limit and keep the 15 mins

6 23.08%
  • Change it to a set score limit and reduce the time of the match to 10 mins or so

1 3.85%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Re: Change the traditional 15min time limit to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    Then at least apply it to FM elections. Honestly, recruits don't know anyone but their squad leader. If their squad leader happens to be running regardless of who it is, it can cause others to get upset and feel cheated. It was a problem, a lot of people got salty, this is an easy fix to keep the peace. It's not like a month is that long...
    This is a different topic, but definitely something that needs to be discussed.

Blog Posts

Then at least apply it to FM elections. Honestly, recruits don't know anyone but their squad leader. If their squad leader happens to be running regardless of who it is, it can cause others to get upset and feel cheated. It was a problem, a lot of people got salty, this is an easy fix to keep the peace. It's not like a month is that long...
    Keep in mind that both FMs have to be approved by WC even after the vote (unless we changed that). I'll give you the REV II BLUE FM elections, the 2nd war of REACH, for an example. Johnkilla won the vote, mostly due to popularity, but WC felt he wasn't quite ready for the position. So Max was placed as FM to help John easy into the position as he won 2nd place and had been in HC before. End result was John proved he wasn't ready and Max stayed FM for the rest of the war. So there are some fail safes to prevent the FM position to become nothing but a popularity vote.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Keep in mind that both FMs have to be approved by WC even after the vote (unless we changed that). I'll give you the REV II BLUE FM elections, the 2nd war of REACH, for an example. Johnkilla won the vote, mostly due to popularity, but WC felt he wasn't quite ready for the position. So Max was placed as FM to help John easy into the position as he won 2nd place and had been in HC before. End result was John proved he wasn't ready and Max stayed FM for the rest of the war. So there are some fail safes to prevent the FM position to become nothing but a popularity vote.
    Can confirm: Johnkilla was a whiny "I'm better-than-everyone else" teenager not ready for the position. :P

On topic though, I'd be willing to test out different time limits/score limits this week.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    On topic though, I'd be willing to test out different time limits/score limits this week.
    This is what FC needs to see.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Going to be honest, having the same stuff and tradition for 9 years is very odd! We need to make a change! Games change over time I mean look at Halo 5, but that's a little off topic I just want recruits coming into battle nights with better experiences rather than getting bored for playing 5 matches for 15 mins or getting completely slaughtered. Also I feel vets yes I'm talking to you! Is that maybe you should let some change take effect I understand things wont be like they used to be but we gotta change we need more people! So please think about it and at least let us test it!

I think the Vets that no longer take part in the war should take a step back and not vote. How can they possibly make any kind of informed choice for us when they aren't experiencing it. We need to shake off the overbearing nature of some people
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Alright so, tbh, I'm getting real sick and tired of all the disdain toward the vets. Yeah they're not currently active. Life has a way of being lifey. They have a right to comment as much as you or I. It's a fucking opinion. That's what all this is, opinions. Do I think vets should not vote on polls? Yes. However, they can comment on the thread to make their opinions known. Free to disagree that's the beauty of an open discussion. Stop it
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

kk thanks for all the feedback no need to get off topic anymore
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Thread Information