Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it to the 15min time limit

14 53.85%
  • Reduce it to a short time: like 10 mins or so

5 19.23%
  • Change it to a set score limit and keep the 15 mins

6 23.08%
  • Change it to a set score limit and reduce the time of the match to 10 mins or so

1 3.85%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Re: Change the traditional 15min time limit to something else?

The reason I'm strictly against a score limit is because it goes against the foundation of FC and why we created this community: To simulate a war-like experience as well as to escape matchmaking. Including a score limit essentially pushes us closer to becoming simply like gamebattles & matchmaking.

As I said, we created FC to be a war-like experience. Sometimes in war there are battles where some armies that get wrecked, some are balanced, there are comebacks, and sometimes there are surrenders. Including a score limit would reduce many types of potential comebacks. I have been on all sides of battles in my time here, and I strongly believe a score limit would severely damage the foundation that FC was built upon.

I created Hill 30

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    The reason I'm strictly against a score limit is because it goes against the foundation of FC and why we created this community: To simulate a war-like experience as well as to escape matchmaking. Including a score limit essentially pushes us closer to becoming simply like gamebattles & matchmaking.

As I said, we created FC to be a war-like experience. Sometimes in war there are battles where some armies that get wrecked, some are balanced, there are comebacks, and sometimes there are surrenders. Including a score limit would reduce many types of potential comebacks. I have been on all sides of battles in my time here, and I strongly believe a score limit would severely damage the foundation that FC was built upon.
    ^

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

I just find a score limit redundant with the forfeit system we already have. I wouldn't be completely opposed to trying it, but it just seems like we already have a way to end unfair games.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    I just find a score limit redundant with the forfeit system we already have. I wouldn't be completely opposed to trying it, but it just seems like we already have a way to end unfair games.
    We have a forfeit system?
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post

yeah, it's called saying "we're getting slaughtered, we give up." in a message to the game lobby leader. Just most people are too proud to do it.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Raz once used it against me when we were whooping his army in a game of Hill 30 on Coagulation on Halo 2 back in the day .

I created Hill 30

See this is the exact problem. People who play in the wars actively and know what it's like to play on a bad system want to change it because 9 years of the same thing is just strange. We're in a bad spot numbers wise, and we lose members because they don't want to come to battle night just to get slaughtered. Maybe the vets want to do some recruiting for us, which would be great, because a lot of squads put in hard work for new people just to get stomped on. But most of these suggestions just come back to vets, most of which don't even play in the wars, saying "it's always been that way, we shouldn't change it."
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    See this is the exact problem. People who play in the wars actively and know what it's like to play on a bad system want to change it because 9 years of the same thing is just strange. We're in a bad spot numbers wise, and we lose members because they don't want to come to battle night just to get slaughtered. Maybe the vets want to do some recruiting for us, which would be great, because a lot of squads put in hard work for new people just to get stomped on. But most of these suggestions just come back to vets, most of which don't even play in the wars, saying "it's always been that way, we shouldn't change it."
    ^
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post

You can't have a war-sim without people to play.

@spartan, I think you are severely overestimating the effect setting a score limit would have on the community. We will be trying something different, if it works, well adjust it and perfect it; if it doesn't work, we will scrap it.

If your concern is a lore based, war sim, feeling being gone then I have to disagree with you on that. Wars or battles do not last a specified time. They last until one side reaches an objective and/or the other side surrenders/forfeits. Having a score cap would resemble that aspect a bit more accurately than say playing for 15 minutes regardless of what is going on on the battle field.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Thread Information