• Add SWAT as a gametype.

16 48.48%
  • Do not add SWAT.

17 51.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: Poll for the SWAT Gametype

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    I made a SWAT Gametype already and tested it. It's good and should be ready to go. But I assume this will be more wasted potential?

Potential can be both good and bad Nervy.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WSxPhoenix View Post
    Not in favor of it. It's fun and super casual, but why add a gametype so markedly different from the rest of the stuff we do?

The only SWAT gametype in FC history was during the last battlenight of H2, Waterworks. It should stay that way.
    Gotta agree with Big Bird here on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Gotta agree with Big Bird here on this one.
    Are you even active?
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solus Exsequor View Post
    Are you even active?
    I'm here, aren't I? :P
    As for the site, yes (as of late). As for the battles, no.

I'm here, aren't I? :P
    As for the site, yes (as of late). As for the battles, no.
    Well y'knowwwww, with H5 coming soon.... hinty hint hint hint

subtle-wink-wink_zps1qakg3xf.jpg
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

^Guys above are getting a little off-topic, OP made a poll about SWAT, not member activity^
    ​Above comment not directed at Barry Soap, was already deep into writing my post and didn't check for new replies before posting.

In my opinion, SWAT gametypes would probably do good for the community. It would balance things out, make it just as fun for our casual members as well as our competitive teams. Aside from regular conflict, where you pump your enemies full of steel projectiles (lead was basically outlawed in our decade because lol poisoning) until they drop dead, this is a very precise gametype that rewards precision players for their efforts in efficient slaying. The only advantage any team or player would have is the host, which is another matter as that problem persists in any game. Aside from that, it's equal, just as in any other gametype. Weapon and gear advantages are removed, and the only real edge gained would be through map control. SWAT is all about communication, because anyone with enough skill could drop in and dominate a well thought position. It makes for a more interesting game where the leader and loser flip positions in a blink of the eye.

At least give it a full shot before you shove the idea away.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Demon Lee View Post
    ^Guys above are getting a little off-topic, OP made a poll about SWAT, not member activity^
    ​Above comment not directed at Barry Soap, was already deep into writing my post and didn't check for new replies before posting.

In my opinion, SWAT gametypes would probably do good for the community. It would balance things out, make it just as fun for our casual members as well as our competitive teams. Aside from regular conflict, where you pump your enemies full of steel projectiles (lead was basically outlawed in our decade because lol poisoning) until they drop dead, this is a very precise gametype that rewards precision players for their efforts in efficient slaying. The only advantage any team or player would have is the host, which is another matter as that problem persists in any game. Aside from that, it's equal, just as in any other gametype. Weapon and gear advantages are removed, and the only real edge gained would be through map control. SWAT is all about communication, because anyone with enough skill could drop in and dominate a well thought position. It makes for a more interesting game where the leader and loser flip positions in a blink of the eye.

At least give it a full shot before you shove the idea away.
    I actually hadn't thought of the issue with host in SWAT. I'm not sure I support this game type anymore because hosts are such an issue right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I actually hadn't thought of the issue with host in SWAT. I'm not sure I support this game type anymore because hosts are such an issue right now.
    The only advantage any team or player would have is the host, which is another matter as that problem persists in any game.
    But see, that same problem persists any any gametype, regardless of how long it's been a part of this war.

But see, that same problem persists any any gametype, regardless of how long it's been a part of this war.
    To be fair, SWAT is the most host-sensitive gametype in all of Halo. Whomever sees first, shoots first, and wins first. The host will have that advantage.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    To be fair, SWAT is the most host-sensitive gametype in all of Halo. Whomever sees first, shoots first, and wins first. The host will have that advantage.
    But you're just thinking right now, on MCC. Inclusion of SWAT will continue further on, giving us time to get into how it plays before Halo 5. Think of it more as beta testing for the better product, so it's ready when FC migrates to the next game.

Thread Information