13 59.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Poll for Fiesta Gametype

This sounds fun, so you spawn with random weapons and kill each other?

I'm up for that, what do you guys want though?

EDIT by Mythonian: Revised the poll a bit.
    Last edited by Mythonian; 08-13-2015 at 10:36 PM.
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Re: Poll for Fiesta Gametype

I hate fiesta, I always seem to spawn with the magnum and nothing else -_-

but, considering how many people like it, Sure, we can add it.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Party Conflict!!!!!

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Swat I can live with since it still requires teamwork and isn't as variable. It would certainly need some testing, but I do think it has potential to even the playing field a bit.

Fiesta is a complete, absolute NO. I understand we are trying to find an even ground of competitive and casual play, but lets remember that this is a War-Sim, and that's what makes us unique. Fiesta is a fun gametype, no doubt about it, but it has no place in battle nights. The gametype requires absolutely no skill or teamwork; each game is based off pure luck-of-the-draw. I'm not a competitive HALO player by any means (I actually hate competitive HALO), but these wars and battles are supposed to be intense and purposeful; not some silly little custom halo night that has Fiesta gametypes. I'd absolutely HATE to see a battle night or even capital battle be settled on a game of Fiesta Slayer, that ruins all accounts of credibility, dignity, and integrity that we have built here over the past 9 years.

Being someone who is lucky to even get into one battle every weekend, I would be devastated if I took time out of my day in order to play in a battle or two, and one (or both) of those games happened to be Fiesta Slayer. That's not why we created this place. I'm all for casual games & gamers, I'm one of them, but we do have to keep our identity as a serious war-sim on Sunday nights, whether some people like it or not.

I'm not speaking from a nostalgia standpoint either of "this is the ways it's always been done". I'm always open for changes (example: although I was against the score limit implementation, I can now see it being useful for the future), however those changes must be made to further Forerunner Conflict's uniqueness and foundation, not to try and convince people who don't want to take battle nights seriously to get on just so they can spawn with Incinerator Cannons & Rockets and jump around like monkeys. If people are having such a bad time in the FC that the only way to convince them to stay is so that they can play a game of Fiesta Slayer on what is meant to be meaningful battle night, then I think they need to seriously reconsider why they are even taking part in FC's main event.

Again, whether some people want to accept it or not, Forerunner Conflict is a WAR SIMULATOR. It's a NICHE COMMUNITY, that seeks out specific people who are interested in our uniqueness of providing an intense, purposeful, and team-oriented night once a week. We aren't trying to become so casual/lenient that we are another dime-a-dozen community. . That's not what I signed up for and I hope that's not what the rest of the War Council and community signed up for. If we add Fiesta Slayer, we should just add rocket hogs, infection, and gun game along with the million others of casual game types that'll saturate and dampen our intended experiences

I created Hill 30

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Revised the poll a bit for clarity. Anyone who voted for the second option should re-cast their vote, as option 2 has been removed for now.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

If we can't add no-radar gametypes to FC because it's "too competitive, this ain't MLG", why are we looking to add Action Sack into FC (the opposite end of the spectrum)?
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

I'm actually changing my vote, based partially out of spartan's arguments, partially because, no, seriously, i really hate fiesta. Even if other people want it, I would never want to play it on battlenight myself.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

I would not be a fan of fiesta at all. It's the opposite of what fc should be. We battle for maps every week and eventually the control of an army, but winning those maps requires skill and teamwork. At the end of the war you feel like you've accomplished something because you successfully beat the enemy army on their maps and their capitol. Fiesta game types are purely luck based. Beating a team in fiesta would completely take away any sense of accomplishment from beating an enemy team and would make the victories meaningless. You didn't out-skill the enemy team, you didn't out-teamwork the enemy team; you simply got lucky and spawned with better weapons than the enemy team. That's fine for customs, but has no place in any game that actually has something at stake, like our battle nights. I say this not because I dislike fiesta, I enjoy fiesta and played a ton of action sack in H4. That being said, I do not think battle nights is the place to implement it as it completely de-values wins.
    Last edited by Nicholas Sibley; 08-14-2015 at 12:08 AM. Reason: typo

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sibley View Post
    I would not be a fan of fiesta at all. It's the opposite of what fc should be. We battle for maps every week and eventually the control of an army, but winning those maps requires skill and teamwork. At the end of the war you feel like you've accomplished something because you successfully beat the enemy army on their maps and their capitol. Fiesta game types are purely luck based. Beating a team in fiesta would completely take away any sense of accomplishment from beating an enemy team and would make the victories meaningless. You didn't out-skill the enemy team, you didn't out-teamwork the enemy team; you simply got lucky and spawned with better weapons than the enemy team. That's fine for customs, but has no place in any game that actually has something at stake, like our battle nights. I say this not because I dislike fiesta, I enjoy fiesta and played a ton of action sack in H4. That being said, I do not think battle nights is the place to implement it as it completely de-values wins.
    ^Beautiful

I created Hill 30

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    I'm actually changing my vote, based partially out of spartan's arguments, partially because, no, seriously, i really hate fiesta. Even if other people want it, I would never want to play it on battlenight myself.
    Changed for you

I created Hill 30

Thread Information