Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

WC Needs Your Feedback

Members of Forerunner Conflict,

Over the past weeks, various issues revolving Forerunner Conflict and it's Battle Nights have been getting worse and worse. Based off the events of the last two Battle Nights (8/16 and 8/23), WC had a meeting to discuss the issues and two drastic options came up. Although some wanted to move on the decisions right away, we decided to hold off on any decisions until we get more feedback from the community.

So here we are asking for your feedback on the two drastic options.

First, implementing a player draft. Solus has already made a thread pertaining to this, so please direct your feedback on this idea over to this thread: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?15472-Draft
    If you don't know what the concept of the draft is, the tl;dr of it is this:
    All members of the armies are put into a pool. The players are then split into an 'even' fashion (based on skill and numbers). This would only last for the duration of the current MCC war.

Second, ending the war now. The basis of this is that we're mere weeks from Halo 5. We need time to prepare for Halo 5. Also, with other releases in the coming weeks (namely The Taken King for Destiny) and the low popularity of MCC in general, we can only expect numbers for Battle Nights to diminish as we get closer to Halo 5. Obviously, if we do this, the Player Draft will not be implemented. If we do this, we're going to focus on more fun community driven events (not just limited to MCC) as the other purpose of this would be to promote community development in the down time.

So please, everyone, give us your feedback on this. War Council is going be meeting Tuesday/Wednesday (day undetermined right now) at 8pm EST. Spread this thread to everyone you know in FC.

Please,
    be brutally honest.

Metkil5685
    BLUE Field Marshall
    Website Administrator
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Re: WC Needs Your Feedback

In my opinion, no matter how thought out a draft is, it will never work as expected with everyone being happy with where they are. People would just regroup after a few weeks and then the entire draft would become uselessin the first place.

As for ending the war early, I don't really go to BN so I don't have a first-hand view of it, but from what I see people are just getting more and more frustrated with the current state of the war, so ending it might be the best way to go about it.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

CHANGE SOMETING GOD DAMNIT!!!! JUST ENDING THE WAR AND WAITING IS GETTING NOTHING DONE!!!!!
    I dont like a draft because people will leave, ive said it in my posts, and responses to the draft have been pretty clear. Something does need changed though and simply ending the war and waiting for H5 is NOT a solution to the problem, its postponing it again.

Livestreams
    View Channel: gamexsolid

I'm against a draft.
    BLACKGUARD

We will never quit. We will never stop. We will never give up!
    My Game is Well... Solid.
    Train as you would fight. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership. I will provide that leadership.

Competitive vs. Casual... Draft just mixes people up and that doesn't exactly bode well for what FC is trying to do. It's rather impossible to please both sides.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

I play battle night's so i can play with my friends and so do many other members of this community. FC is not a charity. I'm not gonna spend my time with same people that try to get rid of vbd or the people that cant handle loosing even though they say they only play for fun. We need to think about the long-term effects of these solutions and not just change things for the sake of change.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    I play battle night's so i can play with my friends and so do many other members of this community. FC is not a charity. I'm not gonna spend my time with same people that try to get rid of vbd or the people that cant handle loosing even though they say they only play for fun. We need to think about the long-term effects of these solutions and not just change things for the sake of change.
    Kinda agree here. Regardless of skill level people want to play with their friends. Yes, we should be playing as a community but that is what community events, in army scrims, practices and other events are for. I have seen it time after time after time again, if people don't have the people they enjoy playing with then they will slowly stop playing all together. Claiming that people do not want to do a draft because of the competitive v casual ideal is a complete red herring. I would not consider myself a super skilled player, I have fought and lead in each army and I still personally wouldn't want to play with people I don't feel comfortable playing with.

As for ending the war early, I can not speak on that topic as I haven't been active this war. While I agree with Caw, we can not just change something for the sake of changing things.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Quote Originally Posted by CAW0139 View Post
    CHANGE SOMETING GOD DAMNIT!!!! JUST ENDING THE WAR AND WAITING IS GETTING NOTHING DONE!!!!!
    I dont like a draft because people will leave, ive said it in my posts, and responses to the draft have been pretty clear. Something does need changed though and simply ending the war and waiting for H5 is NOT a solution to the problem, its postponing it again.
    People are already leaving without the draft because of the skill imbalance. two of our recruits got off early, once after the first game with VbD and the second after the next that followed. honestly I don't think people will leave if the draft happens and if they do it will only be temporary since I personally find it really hard to leave FC regardless of how I feel about the shit job that's been done trying to fix the issues we only seem to be post-poning. Honestly, I've said it once and I'll say it again, Blue seems to be content with how things are going so long as they don't have to face a VbD and they get games Sunday. it seems they can give shits less about how things are effecting REDD members in this community and that's just wrong because it seems it's leaders are like-minded. Now if this is not the case, it certainly seems like it from my perspective and I apologize if it isn't so. I agree with CAW in saying that it is postponing the problem but on the other hand I wouldn't force people to continue to play if they aren't having fun.

I have a suggestion. Resistance to a draft is because people don't want to be separated from their friends, right? So how about the armies swapping a few whole squads (keeping the squads together), with a view to balancing out the skill levels between the armies? Squad members can even keep their ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by CAW0139 View Post
    Agreed. People are saying not to just make change for the sake of change, but we're not. We need change because without it we die. We could wait till halo 5, maybe it's the saviour we've been waiting for, but if it's not? If it's not, and has issues like MCC did, we can't survive in our current state. I don't particularly like the idea of a draft. It's against a lot of what I believe this community stands for. But, I would accept one (grudgingly).

What I want is for WC to come to a decision to make a change. Without community feedback. I find our leaders are relying a bit too much on community feedback. What's the point of having leaders if they can't take initiative and make changes on their own? I feel like i've seen more polls for things lately than I have in years. Sometimes, you have to make hard decisions. Sometime's you'll fuck up, but you keep moving forwards. You always strive towards being better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    I have a suggestion. Resistance to a draft is because people don't want to be separated from their friends, right? So how about the armies swapping a few whole squads (keeping the squads together), with a view to balancing out the skill levels between the armies? Squad members can even keep their ranks.
    I'll be completely honest here, I don't think the skill imbalance is nearly as bad as people are making it out to be, it's just a morale issue. Equinox can easily be a match for VBD if we play at our best, we've had close games that have ended with like, 10 points difference. We've beaten vbd mixes.

I've played with plenty of people from renegade, and even though they've had a poor record this war, They are easily a match for vague memories and umbra. They've been losing, yes, but they have so much potential. And, I mean a match for them right now, without a month long training montage.

I can't say much else for terminus/bellator/redwatch/legacy, as I don't know who's active in there.

But it's 100% a morale issue in my mind. People lost, and that made them not want to play and give it their all, and that made them lose more, and so on. What really needs to happen is something to fix the morale problem, not a skill imbalance (which does exist somewhat, but could easily be overcome with a little bit of practice. The most infuriating thing I hear in the casual vs competitive argument is the casuals not wanting to practice in order to keep up, but still complaining about losing. Surprise.) What that morale solution is I don't know.
    Last edited by silversleek; 08-25-2015 at 03:41 AM.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Thread Information