Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: WC Needs Your Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    I'll be completely honest here, I don't think the skill imbalance is nearly as bad as people are making it out to be, it's just a morale issue. Equinox can easily be a match for VBD if we play at our best, we've had close games that have ended with like, 10 points difference. We've beaten vbd mixes.
    its been a while since Equinox has actually had a close game with VbD (since August 2nd which was by 1 extraction point in a game of extraction that VbD won.) Every other game since then has been around 50 point+ win by VbD sometimes doubling Equinox's score. VbD has lost one game since they started playing this war (a Forfeit which was probably connection related) and every other one they've won so I honestly don't know what you're talking about Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounin View Post
    its been a while since Equinox has actually had a close game with VbD (since August 2nd which was by 1 extraction point in a game of extraction that VbD won.) Every other game since then has been around 50 point+ win by VbD sometimes doubling Equinox's score. VbD has lost one game since they started playing this war (a Forfeit which was probably connection related) and every other one they've won so I honestly don't know what you're talking about Silver.
    ? He's not wrong, for us not practising I'd say we've done pretty damn well without having practice. That being said, the only reason we have preformed poorly recently is PURELY down to morale. Can you blame any of the Equinox members for not really trying in games that we know won't affect the outcome of the map?

Also, I've said this many times but I may as well echo it - I personally enjoy playing VbD because I know they're better than me but that isn't consistent across all of REDD. Recruits come into FC and are told that the community is lightly competitive. So when they come to battle night and get destroyed and demoralised, it basically makes recruiting low-skilled players pointless.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    ? He's not wrong, for us not practising I'd say we've done pretty damn well without having practice. That being said, the only reason we have preformed poorly recently is PURELY down to morale. Can you blame any of the Equinox members for not really trying in games that we know won't affect the outcome of the map?

Also, I've said this many times but I may as well echo it - I personally enjoy playing VbD because I know they're better than me but that isn't consistent across all of REDD. Recruits come into FC and are told that the community is lightly competitive. So when they come to battle night and get destroyed and demoralised, it basically makes recruiting low-skilled players pointless.
    Judging what you guys are saying its really a redds mentality to challenges they face and instead of overcoming them you want to avoid it and look for an easy way out( This is my interpretation from the comments I have read so i apologize if this doesn't accurately represent all of redd ). So why push for such drastic changes when you guys arnt willing to put the work in? you guys say you don't practice. |You don't communicate properly to the new recruits what their experience could be during battle nights. So ofc they will feel frustrated because they thought they were joining a lightly competitive community then get stuck in a spawn trap for 15min.

Why should FC punish people that put the time in , and gets rewarded for their hard work just because other people who don't practice get upset because they lost and their egos hurt? FC IS NOT A CHARITY ( I apologize if this is inaccurate. I'm judging this on my limited knowledge from these comments)

If the problem is truly because of morale and your not motivated to put the work in then i'm sorry its not FC that needs changing its you.

I think we need to focus on making sure new recruits fully understand what they are getting into before they join the community instead of them being blind sided. If the issue is skill imbalance then a squad draft imo is the only fair compromise that i can see atm.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post
    All members of the armies are put into a pool. The players are then split into an 'even' fashion (based on skill and numbers). This would only last for the duration of the current MCC war.
    To be brutally honest, as requested, the reason why the idea of drafting falls flat every time when open to criticism of the community, is exactly for this reason. How does one set the guideline on determining who is of good skill, and bad skill? Is it based on K/D ratio? Is it based on their synergetic operations within a team? Is it based on their objective stats? Is it based on how many 1v1s they can win? Etcetera, etcetera. And not to mention, has War Council not considered the effects of a potential divide that such an audacious prerequisite like this can have on the community? It encourages labels, labels of which will make people aware that they have skill (inflating their egos), and others who have little skill who probably already have their confidence bust from losing battle night matches. The outcome of this? It will encourage the 'elitist' mindset that that the Halo Bungie forums were plagued with and infamous for which will scare all the so-called 'casuals' away. If such a thing ever happened, which is incredibly likely over time, I can only imagine that our predecessors of Halo 2 will be turning in their graves.

I have observed, and still don't have a grasp on why the emphasis on skill is so important. It's useless. You cannot associate skill with recruitment, because it encourages 'cherry-picking' which is not what this community is about, and will most certainly cause uproar. Thus, we have to get over the fact that skill is not something we can measure empirically, and use in our policy making when talking about balance. I have a very simple solution to get around this balance problem. We just need more people which equals more squads. If we have more squads in both armies, we will have more variability; more squads means that squads who were losing consecutively will have more chance to win, and vice-versa for the stronger squads who have more chance to lose. And to accomplish this, all we need to do is...

...recruit.
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

Quote Originally Posted by Lithswitch View Post
    To be brutally honest, as requested, the reason why the idea of drafting falls flat every time when open to criticism of the community, is exactly for this reason. How does one set the guideline on determining who is of good skill, and bad skill? Is it based on K/D ratio? Is it based on their synergetic operations within a team? Is it based on their objective stats? Is it based on how many 1v1s they can win? Etcetera, etcetera. And not to mention, has War Council not considered the effects of a potential divide that such an audacious prerequisite like this can have on the community? It encourages labels, labels of which will make people aware that they have skill (inflating their egos), and others who have little skill who probably already have their confidence bust from losing battle night matches. The outcome of this? It will encourage the 'elitist' mindset that that the Halo Bungie forums were plagued with and infamous for which will scare all the so-called 'casuals' away. If such a thing ever happened, which is incredibly likely over time, I can only imagine that our predecessors of Halo 2 will be turning in their graves.

I have observed, and still don't have a grasp on why the emphasis on skill is so important. It's useless. You cannot associate skill with recruitment, because it encourages 'cherry-picking' which is not what this community is about, and will most certainly cause uproar. Thus, we have to get over the fact that skill is not something we can measure empirically, and use in our policy making when talking about balance. I have a very simple solution to get around this balance problem. We just need more people which equals more squads. If we have more squads in both armies, we will have more variability; more squads means that squads who were losing consecutively will have more chance to win, and vice-versa for the stronger squads who have more chance to lose. And to accomplish this, all we need to do is...

...recruit.
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

...recruit.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

...recruit.
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Livestreams
    View Channel: gamexsolid

Quote Originally Posted by Rounin View Post
    Honestly, I've said it once and I'll say it again, Blue seems to be content with how things are going so long as they don't have to face a VbD and they get games Sunday. it seems they can give shits less about how things are effecting REDD members in this community and that's just wrong because it seems it's leaders are like-minded. Now if this is not the case, it certainly seems like it from my perspective and I apologize if it isn't so. I agree with CAW in saying that it is postponing the problem but on the other hand I wouldn't force people to continue to play if they aren't having fun.
    I left REDD knowing I had to fight VbD. That was when BLUE was getting torched by REDD in my first war. My second I went BLUE luckily for me VbD went Blue like a week later.
    BLACKGUARD

We will never quit. We will never stop. We will never give up!
    My Game is Well... Solid.
    Train as you would fight. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership. I will provide that leadership.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    I have seen it time after time after time again, if people don't have the people they enjoy playing with then they will slowly stop playing all together.
    People are rapidly stopping playing currently. We have lost a lot of people over the last couple of wars (probably over 100). They were allowed (encouraged even) to play with their friends. They still left FC. More people have left FC than the entire population that is still here complaining about wanting to play with friends.

A draft may not be the best solution to solve all of our problems, but people leave because we let people play with their friends and people leave if we don't let them play with their friends. People are leaving way more frequently than should be acceptable.

FC needs to become a place where people actually want to show up on Battle Nights for a reason better than playing with friends. Playing with friends is the reason we all trumpet for why we show up on Battle Night—look at how many people show up. Blue can hardly field 2 6v6 teams. Red membership won't stick around for 4v4s. The reasoning we are using for why people come to FC is severely flawed. FC needs to become a place where people show up for more than just playing with their friends, otherwise, we aren't going to be able to recover from the path we have been on for over a year now.

*Not targeting this at you Silko, yours was just the first post that I saw with people leaving mentioned*

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    Judging what you guys are saying its really a redds mentality to challenges they face and instead of overcoming them you want to avoid it and look for an easy way out( This is my interpretation from the comments I have read so i apologize if this doesn't accurately represent all of redd ). So why push for such drastic changes when you guys arnt willing to put the work in? you guys say you don't practice. |You don't communicate properly to the new recruits what their experience could be during battle nights. So ofc they will feel frustrated because they thought they were joining a lightly competitive community then get stuck in a spawn trap for 15min.

Why should FC punish people that put the time in , and gets rewarded for their hard work just because other people who don't practice get upset because they lost and their egos hurt? FC IS NOT A CHARITY ( I apologize if this is inaccurate. I'm judging this on my limited knowledge from these comments)

If the problem is truly because of morale and your not motivated to put the work in then i'm sorry its not FC that needs changing its you.

I think we need to focus on making sure new recruits fully understand what they are getting into before they join the community instead of them being blind sided. If the issue is skill imbalance then a squad draft imo is the only fair compromise that i can see atm.
    You know what, you're not wrong. I've been trying to hold practices a few times but people just hate MCC, or have busy schedules. Also, to have a chance against a full VbD team I'd need to put our best players into one team (which is regarded as stacking and I'm generally against that). I don't wanna leave out the lower skilled players to dry as a squad leader, but one day we'll take a win from ya.

As for boot camps, if I was to tell recruits that the community has a very competitive edge, I'd probably get flak from vets regarding the status quo of explanations in boot camps. However, morale is so low because we feel that we're losing games which we could win, and our wins never really play a part in winning the map anyway. So your morale comment is wrong unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    People are rapidly stopping playing currently. We have lost a lot of people over the last couple of wars (probably over 100).
    I can guarantee this is because the new people are coming to battle nights and getting stomped. The sooner more casual squads begin to form on each army, the better.

...recruit.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^
    Last edited by Barry Soap; 08-25-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Thread Information