Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: WC Needs Your Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    This thread went from about why or why not the draft should happen, to VbD.
    sounds like a bi-product, possibly a source to some of the issues here in FC today. one people have turned a blind eye to for so long. Most of whats in that statement I believe to be true.

What if we split the difference between squad draft and player draft. It seems to me like the majority of people are opposed to a draft, but what if we try taking each squad splitting it in half (to keep at least some of each squad and friends together) and the have red and blue give a half from each squad to the other army. It keeps some friends together still. As people have mentioned, they can still play together outside of Battle Night. And the rosters get a little bit of a skill mix up. I agree with Silverstreek that it may be more of a morale thing, but new people can easily correct that if the Battle Nights become closer in competition.

Blog Posts

I really grow tired of reading and hearing complaints about VBD when 80% of the current community have no idea what true power stacking during a war is. Most people here where not here during the 2nd war of REACH where we saw the leaders of REDD army purposely forcing other squads to go offline or just flat out sit out to make sure power squads such as VBD (I do not blame VBD for this, again this was the fault of the leadership of the time) got as much play time as possible. I am talking about 30 min wait times just to play VBD, wait another 15 mins then play VBD again because the squad you were meant to play against just vanished into thin air. That war is the direct reason why we have several of the rules that limit how much squads can play and other rules for battle nights. So unless you actually played during that war you honestly have no clue so just stop.

As for the skill imbalance. This is a problem that will never go away and a draft is not a magical solution that will fix it. In the past wars, squads where recruited to counter power squads, squads trained hard to be able to compete with other power squads. So this idea that only a draft can true fix this is a load of bull. REDWATCH worked very hard to become a low skilled team to a mid/high skill objective team that could battle against strong squads such as VBD, Voodoo, Legacy and others. They did this by practicing, something several members of REDD army have already admitted to not currently doing. This us vs them mentality that continues to plague FC is the reason behind so much discontent. I have been at the mercy of super squads, help built super squads and have fought with super squads. They will always be apart of FC. Am I suggesting we just make super squads all day and move on, no I am suggesting that we work with what we have atm, recruit where we can (Yes I know recruiting is very ineffective at the moment due to this POS MCC) and stop with the victim playing.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    As for the skill imbalance. This is a problem that will never go away and a draft is not a magical solution that will fix it. In the past wars, squads where recruited to counter power squads, squads trained hard to be able to compete with other power squads. So this idea that only a draft can true fix this is a load of bull. REDWATCH worked very hard to become a low skilled team to a mid/high skill objective team that could battle against strong squads such as VBD, Voodoo, Legacy and others. They did this by practicing, something several members of REDD army have already admitted to not currently doing. This us vs them mentality that continues to plague FC is the reason behind so much discontent. I have been at the mercy of super squads, help built super squads and have fought with super squads. They will always be apart of FC. Am I suggesting we just make super squads all day and move on, no I am suggesting that we work with what we have atm, recruit where we can (Yes I know recruiting is very ineffective at the moment due to this POS MCC) and stop with the victim playing.
    A skill imbalance has always been present, but it is extremely bad currently. A 'fun' exercise we did in the VM chat the other day was list all of the 'power players' in red. Then list all of the power players in blue.

Maybe you'll have a different list than we did, but red's list wasn't even a fraction of what we came up with for Blue. That is the real problem. Both armies would have to double in size with red only recruiting power players and blue only recruiting not-so-power players. But that is clearly not a viable solution at all.

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

I really grow tired of reading and hearing complaints about VBD when 80% of the current community have no idea what true power stacking during a war is. Most people here where not here during the 2nd war of REACH where we saw the leaders of REDD army purposely forcing other squads to go offline or just flat out sit out to make sure power squads such as VBD (I do not blame VBD for this, again this was the fault of the leadership of the time) got as much play time as possible. I am talking about 30 min wait times just to play VBD, wait another 15 mins then play VBD again because the squad you were meant to play against just vanished into thin air. That war is the direct reason why we have several of the rules that limit how much squads can play and other rules for battle nights. So unless you actually played during that war you honestly have no clue so just stop.

Everything in the second paragraph! Tis be true! When I was active during battle nights, countering the super squad went as far as recruiting some of the best online players for Halo 4 (Velocity), although they were soon booted out for being a bit disrespectful. I blame Obama for the MCC woes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    A skill imbalance has always been present, but it is extremely bad currently. A 'fun' exercise we did in the VM chat the other day was list all of the 'power players' in red. Then list all of the power players in blue.

Maybe you'll have a different list than we did, but red's list wasn't even a fraction of what we came up with for Blue. That is the real problem. Both armies would have to double in size with red only recruiting power players and blue only recruiting not-so-power players. But that is clearly not a viable solution at all.
    Houdini, I raised you better than this! Why is everyone stopping at recruiting? Shouldn't stop at all, after they join, teach them everythin you know! Do your best to mold them into a better player. Ive seen numerous players join this community and become better at the game months in.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Houdini, I raised you better than this! Why is everyone stopping at recruiting? Shouldn't stop at all, after they join, teach them everythin you know! Do your best to mold them into a better player. Ive seen numerous players join this community and become better at the game months in.
    This is definitely still happening in Blue. Look at Umbra. They were a brand new squad with almost 100% recruits at the start of the war.
    Week 1:
    Renegade vs. Umbra - Occupation - 410 - 217 Redd
    Equinox vs. Umbra - Conflict - 99 - 31 Redd
    Equinox vs. Umbra - Asset 369 - 261 Redd

Week 7 (this past weekend)
    Renegade vs. Umbra - Ricochet - 410 - 50 Blue
    Terminus (Ghosts) vs. Umbra - Liberation 5 - 2 Blue

They started playing together and have gotten much better of the the course of the war. Granted they did drop some of their lower skilled players (probably because they were being stomped on so hard at the beginning of the war), but the people who stayed built chemistry and showed that it is still possible for squads to improve and turn themselves around.

The reason people 'complain' about it is because it's a problem. They are literally the last of the power squads and honestly it's not all their doing, it's the rest of the people "mostly those whom are on their side" that allow them to remain isolationist; Allow them to be exempt to any type of fix we try to implement unless they're okay with it. This community has literally slighted many squads in their favor. Many have had to made changes in the name of balance only to remain with the same issues. A simple solution such as allowing more members to enter their ranks is for some reason unspeakable to them. For someone with such a such a distinguishable rank to turn away new members is kinda dispicable. They're a power squad simply because every single one of their member is a high caliber player. They don't have mixed skill sets like the rest of us do, they don't welcome other community member with open arms like the rest of us do. This is an even bigger deal if you want to continue a war with this low of numbers. You say people got better by practicing to face VbD but tell me how many recruits do you think are willing to go through such a trying endeavor for a community they just joined? There's only so many times someone new to the community is going to cope with being stomped on before they decide they're just better off leaving. Don't say they should just leave either cause these are members we all need. This whole time we've been working with 'what we've had' and things really havent improved. I think it's high time that they try to play ball like the rest of us and be willing to make a change if necessary.

yup vbd only takes in the best like md ,blayze, Akward , gingie and aftershocker.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    yup vbd only takes in the best like md ,blayze, Akward , gingie and aftershocker.
    Haha Classic you XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rounin View Post
    Haha Classic you XD
    Hey weren't you taking sometime off until halo 5 ? I'm glad to see you changed your mind.

Haha Classic you XD
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Thread Information