Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recruitment Quota

Idea: each squad has to recruit at least x number of new people per month (low number, 1-3 is fine) or they can't play the following battlenights. If they catch up, then they can continue playing. This way, all of the clueless recruits aren't all shoved off into the same squad of other clueless recruits, and we can have a more consistent recruits to veteran player ratio to play with. As well as being a solution to god squads without having to break anyone up unfairly.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Re: Recruitment Quota

I really like this.

Instead of banning people from playing on battle night if they can't keep up on recruitment, it might make more sense to give squads some sort of advantage in game. (e.g. +10 kills/recruit in a conflict match).

I'm not strongly opposed to preventing people from playing if they aren't recruiting successfully, but I think this might have more support if we reached some sort of middle ground.

It's a good idea but I can't support it seeing as how I'm the only one recruiting for Equinox don't wanna be tied down here by a quota
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Blog Posts

While an interesting idea, not everyone is a recruiter. This would lead to a sloppy look at FC as people scramble to try to recruit whoever they can just so their squad can play in a battle night. Also, some Squads do better with a specific amount of people in them, if their forced to expand it might be against what they want as a Squad.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    While an interesting idea, not everyone is a recruiter. This would lead to a sloppy look at FC as people scramble to try to recruit whoever they can just so their squad can play in a battle night. Also, some Squads do better with a specific amount of people in them, if their forced to expand it might be against what they want as a Squad.
    Some sort of upper limit might be a good addition to the idea. If a squad has x players attending a battle night (maybe 12, 2 6v6 teams, 3 4v4 teams) they are exempt from the recruitment quota because that squad is already big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I really like this.

Instead of banning people from playing on battle night if they can't keep up on recruitment, it might make more sense to give squads some sort of advantage in game. (e.g. +10 kills/recruit in a conflict match).

I'm not strongly opposed to preventing people from playing if they aren't recruiting successfully, but I think this might have more support if we reached some sort of middle ground.
    It's just a rough idea right now, inspired from anarchy. it's open to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Some sort of upper limit might be a good addition to the idea. If a squad has x players attending a battle night (maybe 12, 2 6v6 teams, 3 4v4 teams) they are exempt from the recruitment quota because that squad is already big enough.
    I like it, Because it is kind of fair that we can only recruit so much. Theoretically there's an upper limit to how many people we can recruit.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Sounds good to me (if I'm allowed to join this discussion). The only issue you then have is: can you handle all the new recruits you will get? I don't know how many squads you have, but this means that each squad needs to do one bootcamp each week. I mean if you are having troubles with organizing the bootcamps, won't it be better to solve that problem first?

I get that this idea is one for the future, so maybe then the bootcamp issues will already be solved. And if so, it's maybe be an idea of recruiting 1 member per squad each week. Have strict days set up for bootcamp, for example:

Looking for the new member: Monday through Wednesday
    Setting up and do bootcamp: Thursday through Saturday
    War: Sunday

Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightShadow NL View Post
    The only issue you then have is: can you handle all the new recruits you will get?
    That, I don't know about. We are rather low on qualified DI's...
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

We can always have everyone recruit one person each month and then our community shall be big again.

I'm not sure on this
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Thread Information