Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Xbox One Elite Bundle

Full article

The Xbox One Elite Bundle is all about high-performance gaming. Microsoft says this newest console includes a Hybrid Solid State Drive. Hybrid SSDs marry the speed of solid state drive with the storage capacity that only a mechanical hard drive can provide. Things that are frequently needed are stored on the flash memory built into the drive. Infrequently used items are stored on the much larger, mechanical hard drive. Microsoft says that Xbox One Elite Bundle buyers should see performance gains of 20 percent faster when turning the console on from its completely off state. Microsoft doesn’t say if gamers will notice performance improvements in loading their frequently played games.

As it’s name suggests, the Elite Xbox One Bundle includes something else that Microsoft only recently announced, it’s Xbox Elite Wireless Controller. The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller has interchangable D-Pads, metal joystick stems, changeable joystick surfaces and paddles on its rear. The entire controller can be remapped depending on what game the user is playing. In fact, there’s a built-in switch for changing between two different control schemes on the face of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller. GottaBeMobile got hands on time with the Elite Xbox Wireless Controller this past June at the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Microsoft announced the Xbox One Elite Bundle this morning in a post on its Major Nelson web blog. The Xbox One Elite Bundle comes as a huge shock to potential Xbox One buyers and the gaming community alike. Microsoft has an extensive selection of Xbox One bundles available already. All of them come with free digital games. In the last two weeks Microsoft began selling the Madden 16 Xbox One Bundle and the Gears of War Ultimate Edition Xbox One Bundle. The Elite Xbox One Bundle will go on sale at Microsoft Stores and GameStop locations on November 3rd for $499, just as the last big title launches of the holiday season are set to arrive.
    -taken from article

Re: Xbox One Elite Bundle

if only i didnt already have one

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CAW0139 View Post
    if only i didnt already have one
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Blog Posts

Can anyone say cash grab?

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Savings of $50 compared to buying the 1TB normal HDD and Elite Controller separately?

Sure.

But then, why wouldn't MS try to improve their console to sell more of them?
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    No but I can competition. Its to compete with Sonys recent PS4 bundle

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Savings of $50 compared to buying the 1TB normal HDD and Elite Controller separately?

Sure.

But then, why wouldn't MS try to improve their console to sell more of them?
    Lets break that down some more. $499 for the bundle. Gears of war is going to go for 39.96, Madden 16 is 60. The controller is 150. So that leaves 249 for a xbox with a 1TB drive with a unknown amount of that 1TB being SSD. Then you also have to figure they will install the OS on the SSD. Right now it is Windows 8 and it will be upgraded to Windows 10 in the fall. So you are basicly paying 249 for a TB drive with an unknown size SSD, and to be honest it will most likely be 120GBs at the most. A 120GBs SSD will run you 80 bucks at the most. So again I ask is it worth it. Also you have to ask are the games that come with it worth their price and is a fucking controller worth 150 bucks. If you ask me I say hell no. I would suggest getting a external drive before getting this box.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

For those wanting an improvement in loading times and are also interested in getting an Elite Controller (those being the only good reasons to be interested in this), I recommend just buying a third party, external 7200rpm HDD and then get the Elite Controller separately. You'll spend half the cost of this bundle, and get just as big of a boost to performance as that SSHD will provide.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

For those wanting an improvement in loading times and are also interested in getting an Elite Controller (those being the only good reasons to be interested in this), I recommend just buying a third party, external 7200rpm HDD and then get the Elite Controller separately. You'll spend half the cost of this bundle, and get just as big of a boost to performance as that SSHD will provide.
    This man knows what's up. I'll keep that in mind, Myth!
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

Thread Information