Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

xsplit gamecaster help

I don't know if anyone uses gamecaster, but I'm having some problems using it. It'll start streaming fine, but after a short while, usually around 30 seconds, my stream will stop on twitch, but it'll say i'm still streaming on xsplit. After a seemingly random amount of time, between 2 and 20 minutes, the stream will restart on twitch and create a seperate video. I'll end up with around 6-7 30 second- 5 minute VOD's in my past broadcasts section, which i get rid of because that's useless.

anyone know how to fix this? I'm at my wit's end on this problem here.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Re: xsplit gamecaster help

While I have no experience using the Gamecaster portion of XSplit (honestly did not like it and just stuck to XSplit itself), this sounds like what would happen when I streamed when I was in college. I would start dropping frames for an extended period of time (30 sec to 1 min) and it would shut down my stream and reset it once connection was reestablished. This is one quick thing to check.

Without directly looking at your settings, it's tough to determine what the exact issue is.

For the short (possibly even long) term fix, I would recommend downloading and trying Open Broadcast Software (or OBS for short) and see if the issue persists there as well. If the issue persists with OBS, then it's a connection or hardware issue. If OBS works fine, then there is something wrong with your configuration of Gamecaster.

EDIT:

Just went and watched the VODs on your channel. Your stream of MCC was near flawless, but I assume this is being done within the X1 interface for it. This also rules out connection speed. Went and watched your Hearthstone VOD that was 4 minutes long.

I think you are stressing your PC a little too much. You had some pretty serious slowdowns and segments with no video coming through, but audio was. Mind posting the specs of the PC you are using to stream and play with?
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Blog Posts

Did you try working the shaft?

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Any quick way I can check my specs? And yeah, MCC was streamed directly from the x1 twitch app.

the hearthstone vods I left up were on a higher setting as well, which i lowered. funnily enough, those two videos were from before it started splitting, just testing it.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    Any quick way I can check my specs?
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...mputer-details

Either that or just control panel/settings and look for system>about

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Nova View Post
    thanks.

Processor AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics
    Video Card AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics
    Memory 7.1 GB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bit
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Oh my that's integrated graphics. Yea you are definitely over stressing your rig. The processor without a graphics load is barely passable for streaming in 720p. However since the processor is also handling the graphics workload (the game and certain aspects of encoding), it starts to fall behind.

I believe this causing your issue. The processor hangs with the encoding and in process Gamecaster hangs, which then ends your connection to Twitch until the processor catches up and allows connection again.

Solution? Get better hardware. :|

Gay, but thanks. any recommendations? I really don't know the first thing about hardware.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Gay, but thanks. any recommendations? I really don't know the first thing about hardware.
    http://downloadmoreram.com/
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Give me a budget, I'll set you up.

Thread Information