Threaded View

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Joel "MedeDust" Ramirez (02/17/94 - 10/19/15)

Joel "MedeDust" Ramirez

It is with great sadness that I learned that good friend and long-time companion of ours, whom we knew as MedeDust, had passed away this morning. Joel had been battling against cancer, a particularly vicious form of Leukemia, and finally passed peacefully early this morning around 8:00 AM EST. Our deepest condolences for his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

I invite everyone here who knew him to share their stories about how you knew Joel, the times you shared with him, and the memories. Hopefully these comments can remain as a collection of how he impacted all of us, and our entire community.

My first interactions with him were when he was leading BLUE alongside Dr Doom when I first joined the community. He was always a light-hearted person who frequently joked, and was always good to have in the party. He was always a graphics guy, making people signature images and avatars, and a wide swath of lore-focused images for the armies. For several years straight he was the primary graphics person for the website, designing banners and usergroups, logos and flags, everything that helped bring this website alive.

He was always one of the most dedicated veterans of our community. He joined back in February of 2008, during the Halo 3 wars, and helped shape this community into what it is. I myself was never one of his closest friends, so I asked Raz, one of the main founders of our community, to say a few words of his own:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Vader
    The best memories I have with Mededust, was working with him on creating the next set of graphics for the web site, he may have gotten me frustrated at times, but you knew he would always deliver. Back in the day of RvBr and the first days of Forerunner Conflict, Joel was always there to lend his skills in the graphic arts department. He created a lot and continued to create the best stuff for the web site. He worked hard, but you can tell that he has a passion for it. I looked up to him when I started to create my own sigs and avatars. He kicked ass at it.

To all of the friends and family that were close to him: I am sorry for your loss, I hope you find comfort in these words.

“He Is Not Dead

I cannot say, and I will not say
    That he is dead. He is just away.
    With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand,
    He has wandered into an unknown land
    And left us dreaming how very fair
    It needs must be, since he lingers there.
    And you—oh you, who the wildest yearn
    For an old-time step, and the glad return,
    Think of him faring on, as dear
    In the love of There as the love of Here.
    Think of him still as the same. I say,
    He is not dead—he is just away.”

― James Whitcomb Riley

Rest easy friend. Thank you for everything you did to help make Forerunner Conflict what it is now.

Spartans Never Die.
    If anyone would like to say a few words, please do. Here are a few links as well:

His Facebook profile.
    The original post where we learned of his passing.
    His Introductions thread here.

If anyone wishes to donate in memory of Joel Ramirez, please click here.
    If you donate, please let us know the amount so we can inform the family.

Last edited by Mythonian; 10-19-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Thread Information