Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Joel "MedeDust" Ramirez (02/17/94 - 10/19/15)

I can't say that I knew Mede that well but my first ever interaction with him was when I first joined. I was full of questions and I was getting used to the signature part of the profile. I saw that he was gifted in graphic design and asked him to help me with a Sig. He responded right away and made me my first signature ever for a website. He answered my little questions that I had too.

I wish I knew him more than the graphic design person for the website, but I know he was more than that for a lot of people. I hope he rests in peace.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by Lol its James; 10-19-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    All thugz of tha Forerunner Conflict hood is sposed ta fuckin know n' KNOW every last muthafuckin thang contained within these Accords. Ignorizzle is never a acceptable excuse.

WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE?
    DON'T YOU KNOW I'M A PENGUIN TOO?

[6:22 PM] JEWmanji33: "wrap your tool"

It truly is hard to put into words how sad this is. Time passes, and every once in a while you stop and realize how much time you have spent with many of the people here. Joel was an amazing guy; great attitude, great sense of humor. Just remember that whenever you visit this site, you will see that he left his finger prints all over it, and helped shape FC into what it is today and going forward.

Rest in peace.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

To start I'd like to thank Mythonian and all the other behind the scenes folks for putting this together on such short notice. Thank you also to Forest who alerted me to this early this morning.

Early this morning I was informed by a friend that posts had starting appearing on Joel's Facebook regarding his passing. After speaking with a few of his closer friends his passing was confirmed at around 0500 PDT this morning. I have reached out to his girlfriend, friends and family, on behalf of the community in which Joel was an essential building block during the years.

During his professional career here at Forerunner Conflict, Joel was an essential part of the early years. For the first stretch of the community as RvBR and into the early years of FC, Joel was the primary "go to man" for all of the GFX we needed. From forum banners to avatars, to usergroup ribbons and signatures, even the warmaps both static and interactive, Joel was our guy. He was well known to be a premier gfx artist and global moderator over the years as well, often being a stern but fair voice when issues arose.

Joel served as a high command member in both armies over his tenure with us, providing strong leadership and direction for all under his command. He was also an accomplished drill instructor, squad leader, and assisted in the creation of training programs within both the R.E.D.D. and B.L.U.E. Joel was also one of our original Precursors when the group was established and he continued to be an example of what a "good community member" was up until his final days of activity.

The impact of Joel's passing on the community reaches much farther than a loss of a strong leader and skilled artist. Joel had many close friends here in the community, especially within the "old guard" who had the pleasure of playing with him since the early days in Halo 2. He was consistently a source of laughter and positive memories both during and outside of FC events and was a good friend to many.

Personally, Joel was a good friend of mine. He and I met during Halo 2 where we, along with my cousin and other long time members, began a long time friendship of building the community you see now. Many nights were spent learning GFX skills from Mede, helping him pick out what to use and what to scrap. He was often someone I would go to for advice on issues, and I him. I appreciated his stern and fair reasoning that was so often the final word on many issues of old. I still proudly wear the signature he made me at the release of Halo 4.

When he received his diagnosis some time ago, we were all shocked and upset with the news, but Joel pushed onwards with confidence. He was determined to beat this disease and return to his normal activities with time. Checking in with him regularly was strangely uplifting. He would always be positive, always talking of how he was going to win the fight against his cancer and often asking how the community was doing. Joel was someone who truly put his soul into his work and loved being apart of this great place so many of us call home.

Today is going to be a difficult day for many of us who knew Joel personally. Hearing the news this morning was both numbing and gut wrenching. Joel was a hell of a friend, and a good man. His passing was too early for a man of his potential and skills. The world was robbed of someone who brought some much good into it with his work and attitude towards life.

Joel, we miss you and love you buddy. We're all thinking of you and are glad you're in a better place. I spoke to Mike and he wants me to tell you he's going to miss the late night photoshop battles and wishes he had been more in touch in the past few months.

Push! We have nothing left to lose!
    Muffin Clan

Stuck at an outpost, trying to get host, all of my ammo spent killing you~

I didn't know Mede very much, just from the occasions I'd see him in a party and I think the fewer times I saw him during BN's. He's gone but will never be forgotten.

RIP Mede.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

As long as the website skin lasts, we'll still have our original Mexican.

Mede, simply, was a badass. He lived an awesome life. Had hundreds who loved him IRL. Had hundreds who loved him through gaming.

I'm still processing all of this, as I talked to him what feels like a month ago via XBL. I'll miss him.

Spartans never die, they're just missing in action.

Requiescat in Pace.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

This is deeply saddening, no words can honestly equal the loss of Mede.

RIP Mede
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

As an additional to my earlier post, I would like to add the following...

I have been in touch with Joel's sister Grace who has informed me they will be making an attempt to broadcast his vigil so that his "online friends" can be apart of the ceremonies. Apparently Joel spoke of us frequently and his family wants to reach out and include us as best they can.

I will also be organizing a card to be sent to his family on behalf of the community.

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    I will also be organizing a card to be sent to his family on behalf of the community.
    Thank you very much Cody.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

For anyone who has already donated to the cancer fund linked at the bottom of the first post, or who is considering doing so, please let us know the amount donated. We'd like to inform the family of the total and have no other way to track.

For the livestream that his family is trying to get setup, as soon as we know details of the date, time, and URL, we will get that posted so everyone is aware of it.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Thread Information