Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

Re: Joel "MedeDust" Ramirez (02/17/94 - 10/19/15)

It's been a minute since I posted here.

I was never super close with Mede. We were friends, but for the most part we served in opposing armies during the initial half of my career. He was a good guy, a true community vet; you knew he cared about what we were all a part of. My only regret is that we didn't play more games together. His friendship is a testament to the brotherhood myself and many others forged here over the years, and I hope his memory fosters more of the same personal and social growth in all of you that I personally attribute to this place.

...Rest in peace, Joel.

~Kuhblam

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

I consider him one of the greats. He was dedicated. I respected everything he did. He was so passionate about anything he did here. Thanks Joel. Damn, we will miss you.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Only got to play with him outside FC on a couple of occasions, and it was a lot of fun. He did a lot a graphical work for me and it was a blessing to be part of this community with a guy like him. RIP Mede

Ps: i know he will never see it, but i think he deserves his very own user group

Halo 2 Veteran
    GFX Artist
    Retired Leader
    Blackheart CO

Joel and I had an extremely similar journey through our time at RVBR, and Forerunner Conflict. We joined around the same time, loved Assassin's Creed, enjoyed creating graphics for the Armies' lore, held various leadership positions, participated in many battles, and eventually we and some others became the first Precursors.

Where we differed, is that he was better than I at all of that. He was way, way more motivated and passionate than I could ever be. He never stopped making graphics because it took too much time, never shy'd away from being active in this community. Where I became lazy, unmotivated and stressed at keeping up with doing graphics for this community, he only pushed harder and created more than I could imagine possible. Where I began to lose touch with the current events and politics of this place, he stayed ever-vigil and kept his eye on many topics and important decisions, always giving a sound opinion.

All this to say, I respect the hell out of him and his work ethic, leadership skills and professionalism. Beyond that, he was an incredibly kind person and was probably the picture-perfect member of this community.

He will be sorely missed.

We should all challenge ourselves to be as important to this community as he was. If you think you can help improve this group, offer your talents. Take some time out of your day to make something better, more effective, and stronger. He put so much work and heart into this place, it's time we matched his level of compassion. And not just in Forerunner Conflict, but in your day to day lives as well.

Lastly, consider how abrupt this was. Shit like this can happen to anyone. Take some time today and tell your loved ones how much you mean to them, and go out of your way to make someone's day if possible. Let's pay it forward.

I'd like to leave this post with a quote from one of Joel's favorite characters. This series meant a lot to the both of us.

Requiescat in Pace

NIHIL VERUM OMNIA LICITA

I never really knew mede, we weren't that close, but an early death sucks no matter what.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Oh man, I knew Joel but not nearly in the same way so many of you did. I knew Doug had been going through this process of terrible life events, but I'm so off in my own world I didn't know about Mede.

My thoughts for anyone who was close with him, and just for all of us as a community. We're all so young, and so close in so many varying ways.

I think John Green may have said it best with regard to young lives being taken.

"A short life, can be a good life too."

Thanks Joel for being a friend to people I care about, and being so strong through a fight you shouldn't have ever had to have fought.

-Micro

P.S. The donation link appears to be broke.
    P.S.S. Thanks Cody and everyone else for getting this together so quickly.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by MicroJupiter View Post
    P.S. The donation link appears to be broke.
    Fixed.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

oh wow... That's... Really tragic. Death is never easy, my condolences to friends and family...

Rest in Peace

His spirit remains with the site and all the graphics he has done for it
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Blog Posts

Guess heaven needed some REAL artistic work done. I know he won't disappoint.

Didn't know him well, but I somehow remember very, very vaguely interacting with him. I remember it being a good interaction, and I wish I could've had more like it.

RIP, Mede
    Fight fast, Fight hard- Fighting Falcons

Name: Kane J Haytham
    Skills: Guerrila Warfare, Night Engagements, Demolition
    Personal Equipment: M52B Marine Battle Armor
    In Command Of:Imperial Marine x 665 (uninjured) 56 (injured)
    Imperial Sniper x23
    Imperial Ground Officer x 37
    M52B Marine Battle Armor x 721

Name: Sergei Volosheninov
    Skills: space piloting, large scale naval combat, atmospheric piloting
    Personal Equipment:Body Suit
    In Command Of: 1 Imperial Pilot(s), 1 Space Suits(s)
    some one's gonna have to tell me if I screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea
    I live for ribbing Silko. He's like the site bear. Every once in a while, he'll come out of his interweb cave and when that happens, you need to take some shots before he disappears into hibernation again. I meant cheap shots, but I can see how that could be misconstrued as a hunting metaphor. I don't want to hunt Silko.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey
    Hee-haw motherf*****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silko
    Bitch please. I already beat it and moved on to the next castle.
    I'm the king of the chatbox.

"Spartans Never Die"

This for you Mede and for everyone that have fought by your side. You may have lost the battle my friend but your journey still continues beyond death. You are a spartan at it's core, a true fighter. You have friends, brothers and sisters...a family here and there. You've done things others wish they could have done. You have motivated, helped, assisted, and dedicated your time to the community and your family. It's sad to see another spartan fall but you will never be forgotten by us, your family. This community will always be your home...Until next time my friend, our brother, we will continue the fight. Rest In Peace Mede.

"Creativity is always a leap of faith. You're faced with a blank page, blank easel, or empty stage".

Thread Information