Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Halo 5 Story Discussion [SPOILER WARNING]

Let's try to keep the spoilers contained in here. Feel free to discuss the story of Halo 5 and Hunt the Truth in here. Please note, spoiler rules are still in affect in this thread.

Simple reminder from Myth in FC Update 9.8.

Another Reminder about Spoilers

Not everyone is going to be like me and starting a Legendary playthrough of the story right at midnight, so we need to be considerate of everyone else. As KazuhLLL posted a few weeks ago, please be mindful of this and include story spoilers within spoiler tags when posting them on the forum. You can view the original post here.

Failure to do so may result in your post or thread being removed and a warning. Repeatedly doing this may warrant an infraction for your account. For those unaware of how to use spoilers, you just need the below bbcode:
    [SPOILER]
    Your message here.
    [/SPOILER]

Your message here.
    Or, you can add a title for the spoiler like this:
    [SPOILER=Spoiler Title]
    Your message here.
    [/SPOILER]

Your message here.
    If you have any questions about using spoiler tags, just message me or any of the other moderators on the site.
    Cheers.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Re: Halo 5 Story Discussion [SPOILER WARNING]

now, I have to say, I loathe the friendly AI in this game. I've started a solo legendary playthrough, and they are a massive pain in my ass. There are mechanics in some parts that are clearly designed with 4 player co-op in mind that just don't work with AI, they can't think far enough ahead. For example, the endfight of mission 5? literally just stood beside me, which as you know if you've done that fight, isn't helpful. squad commands are a nice theory, but are implemented so badly, what i wouldn't do for an "attack move" command. You basically have to babysit them so hardcore if you want them to not immediately die, and then you probably die because you have to focus more on keeping the idiots alive instead of fighting the enemies.

so far, my experience with this legendary campaign: 3/10 solo, estimated 9/10 with coop partners.

the high difficulty-once again clearly meant for a team of 4, is kind of turning me off of the story. plus i don't really like locke or tanakas characters, so there's that. (and i'm not usually one to complain about difficulty, but spoilers for one encounter on mission two, there's a room with like 8 fuel rod grunts, 2 hunters, and about a dozen elites all at once. basically everything one shots you. That's screaming artificial difficulty.)

i'll check in again once i beat the campaign, but right now, it feels like i'm playing "spartan ops season 2- co-op edition", not halo 5. From what i've seen of the story though, it seems pretty good. I feel like the level design didn't do it justice though. i'm about 6 missions in and there's already been tons of exciting twists! I'm calling it now though that the ending of the game is just going to be a set up for halo 6,not an ending in it's own right.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

I am excited that I can safely use the Internet again. Campaign complete (on Normal).

That cliffhanger though...
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Same max, normal is great!

I honestly at the end thought that the core at the end was going to kill Locke. I thought he was going to sacrifice himself for Chief and Blue Team. That would of been an awesome way to go because everyone hated him going into the game, but it would change. Still I liked his bravery at the last point of no return, risking his life for Chief

GG Locke( you will always be my favorite)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    All thugz of tha Forerunner Conflict hood is sposed ta fuckin know n' KNOW every last muthafuckin thang contained within these Accords. Ignorizzle is never a acceptable excuse.

WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUDE?
    DON'T YOU KNOW I'M A PENGUIN TOO?

[6:22 PM] JEWmanji33: "wrap your tool"

I'm disappointed that they didn't bring in Locke's motivations for hunting down the Chief.

Locke's family was murdered while the Chief was on his planet. He blames Chief for bringing his family to ruin as he didn't save them. He sees Chief as a sort of false prophet (like in the live action trailers). We got none of that in the game. Halo 5 was still good, but it missed a few things IMO.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lol its James View Post

I honestly at the end thought that the core at the end was going to kill Locke. I thought he was going to sacrifice himself for Chief and Blue Team. That would of been an awesome way to go because everyone hated him going into the game, but it would change. Still I liked his bravery at the last point of no return, risking his life for Chief

I wish he would have
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Quote Originally Posted by Lol its James View Post

Fun Fact: When playing co-op, the first one to get to the core will be the sacrifice.

In other news, OMG THAT DAMN CLIFFHANGER AT THE END NONONONONONONONO IT CAN'T END LIKE THIS I CAN'T WAIT PLEASE DON'T END IT HERE WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

We have to use spoiler tags in topic labeled "Spoiler Warning?"

One of the biggest complaints I heard about the campaign going in was the infrequency of Blue Team missions. Honestly, the way they did the story and missions, it really didn't feel like I was missing out on Blue Team stuff while playing Osiris. I liked the story, and really loved the enemy AI in the game. I enjoyed how they ramped up the enemy units and added mini-boss units. I particularly enjoyed the changes to Prometheans. They were interesting to fight in H4, but were repetitive. They are anything but super repetitive in H5. (Anyone else love the fact that watchers don't just hide behind shit all the time now?)

I went into the game having a general dislike of Osiris (Except for Buck), but I very much enjoyed their story and interaction from Sangheilios onward. I think I preferred them to Blue Team (From a solo standpoint). I think Tanaka is overall the weakest and least developed character in the game.

Notable and favorite characters in the game.

Locke: Was surprised by this, but his behavior towards the chief at the end of the game ("You don't have to do this alone.") very much changed how I felt about him.
    Vale: Holy shit she's fucking awesome. Her no-bullshit attitude towards Cortana when Cortana tried to psych her out at the end of the game. I also loved her insight into Elite culture.
    031 - Exuberant Witness: Fuck yeah. Easily my favorite character of the series right now. Her in-game dialogue while you fight tons of shit is priceless. I especially enjoyed the commentary from Buck about her.
    Buck: I originally thought of Buck's presence in the game as a fan-service deal. Get an old face in the game and people might buy it. But Buck's presence in the game is quite solid. His constant commentary provides a humorous personality to some otherwise dry moments. Also loved Cortana's comment that he's old. I love the fact that Cortana (and the developers) went into the fact that, you know, Buck's seen some serious shit. They mentioned his fight at Reach, his fierce loyalty to his allies (comment on massacred Swords members), his decision not to lead a squad, etc.

Character who absolutely needed more development: The fucking Warden Eternal. Who the fuck is he? Why the fuck does he even listen to Cortana? I think we needed another mission with him not trying to kill Blue Team, explaining some of the background of Genesis and his existence and purpose.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Quote Originally Posted by WSxPhoenix View Post
    We have to use spoiler tags in topic labeled "Spoiler Warning?"
    maybe some people want to talk about, say, mission 7, but don't want to see spoilers from mission 13.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Everybody dies at the end. Locke blows up saving Blue Team, which doesn't matter because Cortana vaporizes them and the rest of Osiris. She then goes to Earth and shoots down the Infinity using her Guardians. Infinity crashes into San Francisco, killing everyone aboard and incinerating the West Coast. Nuclear winter ensues killing Earth. Cortana then activates the remaining Halo's killing all organic life, living forever with her Promethean minions and A.I. pals, sans Roland. The Flood come back, can't find any intelligent organic life and Cortana is awarded the Mantle by the Precursors. GG everybody. Cortana won Halo. Massively positive K/D. It's like, a bazillion to one kill/death ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Thread Information