Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A New Use For vCash

WELL, I tried to post this in the War Council chat but because everyone in there is too busy being busy, I'll post it here for some more opinions.

If any of you watch competitive Halo, you're probably aware of the term 'Money 8s, 4s, 2s' etc. I was brainstorming an idea that could either be really good, or really bad. We don't really use vCash anymore, and I was under the impression that it would be removed from the website. But, the more likely option is that a vCash reset will happen instead, which sees everyone put back to 100 or so.

Alongside the vBookie, I could hold an event (not sure how often it should occur yet) in which people can use their vCash to buy in, much like a poker match, and those players will play a custom game of any type in which the 3 top players take the accumulative vCash. Here is an example (I will be using 'VC' as the currency).

Player Name Buy-in Amount Placing Winnings
    Player 1 100VC 1st 500VC
    Player 2 100VC 2nd 200VC
    Player 3 100VC 3rd 100VC
    Player 4 100VC 4th -
    Player 5 100VC 5th -
    Player 6 100VC 6th -
    Player 7 100VC 7th -
    Player 8 100VC 8th -

Also, if possible, it'd be amazing to have an automated leaderboard based on vCash on the website. If not, it's possible to do manually but takes quite a bit of time. An example of gametypes that could be used:

• Money 8s #1 - FFA
    • Money 8s #2 - FFA SWAT
    • Money 8s #3 - FFA Fiesta Slayer
    • Money 8s #4 - Infection

Also, teams are possible in this scenario, in which each member of the winning team wins back double their buy in amount.

I could also increase the buy in to make matches more tense.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc. are greatly appreciated.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Re: A New Use For vCash

sure, right now the stuff is so useless i haven't really checked mine in like a year.

i also make unnecessarily large bets on things because it's literally no loss to me if i lose.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Can you explain what a "money 8s" or whatever is. There are people (myself included) who have absolutely no clue what you're talking about lol.

From what I can gather it's like poker? I dunno can you elaborate a little more?
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Blog Posts

Sure we can introduce a new gambling ring for the vcash but other then pretend gambling what other function does the vcash serve? Lets just toss the whole thing if we are not going to use vcash in the wars.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

I like it, I'm just unsure how often these games could be organized. Perhaps we could implement vCash into more custom game nights or events

While I like this idea, I have to comment on this.

The current status of vCash (and vBookie for that matter) are up in the air, though it's leaning towards them being removed since they have no purpose. We can come up with ideas on how to make vCash, but I need some good ideas on how to spend them and allow them to have a 'value'.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    Can you explain what a "money 8s" or whatever is. There are people (myself included) who have absolutely no clue what you're talking about lol.

From what I can gather it's like poker? I dunno can you elaborate a little more?
    Pro players usually have scrimmages in which everyone puts in small amounts of money (let's say each of the 8 players puts in $2). They'll play with that money on the line, and the winning team will double up in money (ie. each player on the winning team gets $4).

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Sure we can introduce a new gambling ring for the vcash but other then pretend gambling what other function does the vcash serve? Lets just toss the whole thing if we are not going to use vcash in the wars.
    I was hoping someone would have an idea, all I have is the leaderboard thing.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

I really don't see the point of vCash at all. The current mechanisms for earning vCash are fine. The problem is with spending vCash

User titles, sigbombs (which are just amazing), user title color.

Perhaps buy customizations for your main profile. Spend to have a roast of another member. Tournament "buy-ins" that return vCash. There are a lot of ways to use vCash. Those were just off the top of my head...

(don't close the vBookie!!!)
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Blog Posts

I would say scrap the vCash system. Not enough to do with it honestly. :/
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information