Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FC Update 10.0

Blog Posts

Re: FC Update 10.0

Honestly, I'm all for trying out a draft at this point. I think it might bring a breath of fresh air that we need. Plus it would be fun playing with people I don't normally play with.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

for me it isnt the community that is causing me to not show up to battle nights, i have lost interest in the halo franchise; and i work 40+ hours a week including on sunday nights; and I don't think i'm the only one in this community whose life has taken over. Mythonian, you have always been my favorite leader out of anyone i've ever met here because no matter the forces or challenges pressed against us you keep a cool and collected head, and it hardly seems like 4 years that i've known you. FC is more than a war-sim, or even the game it is centered around; it will always be about the people who come through here and have made an impact on this community.
    end of my rant, see you guys later.

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

That is what I call the Fuzzy Effect!
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

That is what I call the Fuzzy Effect!
    Can we ban this turtle molester please?

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by TeriyakiSoul View Post
    for me it isnt the community that is causing me to not show up to battle nights, i have lost interest in the halo franchise; and i work 40+ hours a week including on sunday nights; and I don't think i'm the only one in this community whose life has taken over. Mythonian, you have always been my favorite leader out of anyone i've ever met here because no matter the forces or challenges pressed against us you keep a cool and collected head, and it hardly seems like 4 years that i've known you. FC is more than a war-sim, or even the game it is centered around; it will always be about the people who come through here and have made an impact on this community.
    end of my rant, see you guys later.
    I heard Mythonian lose his cool once.

Once.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    I heard Mythonian lose his cool once.

Once.
    his frustrations usually take the form of the voice of a disappointed parent, it's rare that he raises his voice.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    his frustrations usually take the form of the voice of a disappointed parent, it's rare that he raises his voice.
    The disappointed parent.

Very valid points myth. I agree with you 100% buddy. Have been apart of many communities (KSI, Fallen, RVBW) that had all fallen to there worst enemy...TIME. I don't want FC to go down the path as those other communities. That being said I would be down for a player draft if that is what it takes for us to rise from the ashes into a phoenix.

I find that some of my own thoughts resonate quite well with what you said, Myth. I also agree that a community's worst enemy is time, as Doom eloquently put. But the best way to beat time, I feel, is just having continuous innovation and reform that reflects what we see. So long as we do that, there is a diminished fear of feeling dated; which I would argue is usually the curse that some communities are plagued with and fuels a lot of radical paranoia, which in turn fuels bad decision-making. If we take it easy, identify things objectively and change as needed, not when demanded, I think we're on a good road.
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

Thread Information