Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: Changing the Community for the Better

Quote Originally Posted by JamiDJ View Post
    Great Start to what could be a great mission statement. What would follow? What would be the first message new people see and understand when they visit FC?
    It's the opening of the Accords xD

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    It's the opening of the Accords xD
    http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread....sion-Statement
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    As a community I don't think we have ever really had an issue getting recruits. The primary issue is in retention. Even during MCC we had something like 60+ people enlisting in the armies, but almost all of them showed up to a single battle night (or less) and disappeared.
    That's fair. We have issues with retention, but it's hard to fix when the members here have such demanding schedules. But you've probably noticed that the enlistment offices have been dead recently, so I think a bit of recruiting is in order. Also, if people stick around even after being ignored or not being able to play with anyone, they may turn out to be great members and maybe even leaders, no?
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    That's fair. We have issues with retention, but it's hard to fix when the members here have such demanding schedules. But you've probably noticed that the enlistment offices have been dead recently, so I think a bit of recruiting is in order. Also, if people stick around even after being ignored or not being able to play with anyone, they may turn out to be great members and maybe even leaders, no?
    Yeah the people who stick around can be great people. But the people we lose could also be great leaders.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Why are we trying to make hypothetical leaders out of people who aren't here anymore? Recruit responsible leaders and loyal members from the getgo and stop trying to mold people if they don't show any commitment to begin with. This is why we can't cater to everyone, because we have to be honest about the fact that FC isn't for everyone, and we don't have the resources to mold every stray Halo player into an Officer.

Not only must we figure out how to restore our community, we're also gonna have to accept that we'll need to turn people away to keep it in good shape.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Yeah the people who stick around can be great people. But the people we lose could also be great leaders.
    But that's how recruiting works unfortunately and there's no easy fix; people will stay and people will leave. We'd need members with exceedingly open schedules to be able to contact and play with recruits often.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    But that's how recruiting works unfortunately and there's no easy fix; people will stay and people will leave. We'd need members with exceedingly open schedules to be able to contact and play with recruits often.
    Pretty much this actually. The suggestion I made would hopefully put less strain on someone's schedule so someone with leadership potential could actually contribute meaningfully to the community in some way.

I look forward to seeing what other changes can be combined with this one as Mythonian said earlier because the more I think about it, this would be great to implement with other effective solutions
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Thread Information