Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

FC Mission Statement?

Originally Posted by Houdini
    This type of solution is most definitely a choice of vision for the community. Do we want a community that is more closely aligned with absolute competition? I honestly don't know, but I do think we need a unified vision for what the community represents and should be. Right now, I feel like FC is being led by a multitude of ideas and all of those ideas cannot exist in harmony, thus the conflict.
    Based off of the above post, I felt that even though FC has a simple statement we give: "Fun and Respect". What is it we hope to achieve as a community? What message do we reflect to those of us visiting us for the first time?

Thoughts and suggestions?
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Re: FC Mission Statement?

Originally posted by Jam Cliche
    It's the opening of the Accords xD
    Even though the accords are a great opening to our rules and other guidelines, Accords here it does not depict an actual mission statement. Like what was previously stated, what are we centered around? Is it a competitive community that reks each other every Sunday? Or are we a casual community that gets toghether for sunday night battles. Do we have a plan on how we move forward? Or is this it - what you see is what you get. Most viable companies and other entities have a mission statement they present to new employees and investors. Even though we're not one of those, we should have the same thought process on how we move the community forward.

Hmm... It's hard to encapsulate FC into one or a few sentences. We try to offer something for everyone, so it'd be good if we could explain that efficiently.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    Hmm... It's hard to encapsulate FC into one or a few sentences. We try to offer something for everyone, so it'd be good if we could explain that efficiently.
    Mission statement never has to be confined to one or two sentences. A mission statement can be as long or short as needed, but in turn provides a brief statement of what we are about.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    Trying to offer something for everyone could be what got us into this mess. It's like what Myth said in the update thread. We have to decide what it means to be a warsim. If FC isn't the first or only community in Halo to define itself as a warsim, it certainly is the longest running and only remaining community in Halo that sticks to the format we started with.

With that in mind, I think we should start there. What was FC when it began? How did it change from one war to the next? Which wars and which leadership periods had the most participation?

Basically, we dig up the past to figure out FC's "identity crisis," and that mission statement will follow.

I've tried this before but it devolved into an argument about how to objectively offset factors that contributed to numbers. I don't wanna get that specific, though, I only take away some core tenants and a brief analysis of structure from war to war.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    Trying to offer something for everyone could be what got us into this mess. It's like what Myth said in the update thread. We have to decide what it means to be a warsim. If FC isn't the first or only community in Halo to define itself as a warsim, it certainly is the longest running and only remaining community in Halo that sticks to the format we started with.

With that in mind, I think we should start there. What was FC when it began? How did it change from one war to the next? Which wars and which leadership periods had the most participation?

Basically, we dig up the past to figure out FC's "identity crisis," and that mission statement will follow.

I've tried this before but it devolved into an argument about how to objectively offset factors that contributed to numbers. I don't wanna get that specific, though, I only take away some core tenants and a brief analysis of structure from war to war.
    No arguments. If we think about this rationally and take our time, it should not be too difficult to create a mission statement. However, I do agree with you and Myth that trying to appease everyone is what originally got us into this.

I think we need to figure out our "identity" and proceed from there. Good starting point would be - what would FC's mission statement be when it first started? What about say during H3? How does that change to where we are as a community now?

I just realized i kind of repeated a lot of what you said Jam, Sorry... LOL
    Last edited by JamiDJ; 12-09-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post

I think part of the issue is that not everybody in the community wants to stick to those core of what the community did 10 years ago. A lot has changed since then and while the idea of a warsim is something that the community still holds strongly to, the actual execution of that idea is probably not the same and in my opinion probably shouldn't be the same as what it was back then.

Numbers of changed. People have changed. The culture has changed.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by JamiDJ View Post
    I think we need to figure out our "identity" and proceed from there. Good starting point would be - what would FC's mission statement be when it first started? What about say during H3? How does that change to where we are as a community now?
    That's what I was getting at. Figure out FC's identity in the beginning, watch how that identity changed from war to war, and trim off the stuff that soured that identity. By the time we get to current, we'll have something that evolved from the roots of the community to redirect the FC of today.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I think part of the issue is that not everybody in the community wants to stick to those core of what the community did 10 years ago. A lot has changed since then and while the idea of a warsim is something that the community still holds strongly to, the actual execution of that idea is probably not the same and in my opinion probably shouldn't be the same as what it was back then.

Numbers of changed. People have changed. The culture has changed.
    Agreed. Well said.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I think part of the issue is that not everybody in the community wants to stick to those core of what the community did 10 years ago.
    I'm not talking about what FC did then. I'm talking about how it saw itself.

Thread Information