Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

What Could Have Been..

A friend of mine and I were discussing of what 343i could have done instead of MCC, and I wanted to hear some more thoughts and opinions on it from the community.
    Another route 343i could have gone would be to have instead of released all 4 games in one collection, would be to make Halo 2: Anniversary a standalone title. Sort of like they did with Halo CE: Anniversary, but instead of using the Reach multiplayer system, stay true to the way it is now in the MCC.
    343i could have made all the previous Halo games BC; and released H2A as its main game. With all maps fully remade, while still including H2 Classic multiplayer. With being able to focus on one game, not 4, our confidence in 343i would probably be stronger than it is today.
    What do you think, without knowing the issues at launch MCC had, would you have been more excited to hear about all 4 games, or just the one? Do you think that an H2A only game would have succeeded? Love to hear your thoughts.
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Re: What Could Have Been..

343i's original plan was just Halo 2: Anniversary.

Then Microsoft was like "wait, let's do all of it" so that's how six studios combined forces to attempt to bring everything together.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Re: What Could Have Been..

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    343i's original plan was just Halo 2: Anniversary.

Then Microsoft was like "wait, let's do all of it" so that's how six studios combined forces to attempt to bring everything together.
    Wow, I didn't know that. I think that if they would have stuck to the original plan, things may have turned out differently. I mean, in MCC on H4, I don't have any customization options that I had back on 360. It would have been so much simpler to just release the other Halos as BC and focus on one. But thanks for the info!
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Thread Information